[GUIDE+STUDY] Asus G53sx LION

Hugo_bee

25 posts in this topic

Starting from reading a dozen of other 3D/forums (I want to include them in this 3D as a story)

I'll show you how to have LION in the G53 series.. which actually (end 2011) I consider one of the most powerful laptop in the universe

Yes.. it's not the best.. but it can be on the hall of fame

The laptop belongs to Republic of Gamers's family. That means nothing.. except that the techical specs are intended for an intensive use/game/cad

If you consider the technical specs of an high end MacBookPro.. the G53 is greater than MBP.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Intel® Core™ i7 2630QM Processor (Lion detects it OOTB)

Chipset Intel® HM65 Express Chipset (Lion detects it OOTB)

Memory DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM, (Lion detects it OOTB)

Display 16'' 16:9 Full HD (1920x1080) LED Backlight (Lion detects it OOTB but ONLY if you've correct GRAPHICS DRIVER INSTALLED

Graphic NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460M 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM (MUST INSTALL DRIVER, not a problem)

Storage

Optical Drive (Lion detects it OOTB)

Card Reader 5 -in-1 card reader ( SDXC/ MS/ MS Pro/ MS Duo/ MMC) (MUST INSTALL DRIVER, not a problem)

Chicony HD Camera 2.0mpx (Lion detects it but must do more tests) USB\VID_04F2&PID_B1BB&MI_00

WIFI 802.11 b/g/n ATHEROS AR9002WB-1NG (MUST INSTALL DRIVER, not a problem YOU GET Airport Extreme!!)

Built-in Bluetooth™ V2.1+EDR (a lot of job to do!! ) USB\VID_13D3&PID_3304 THIS IS PART OF Atheros WIFI Atheros AR3000 Family Bluetooth include: AR3001, AR3002, AR3011, AR3012

Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (MUST INSTALL DRIVER, not a problem) PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_16D51043

Interface

1 x Microphone-in jack

1 x Headphone-out jack

1 x USB 3.0 port(s)(MUST INSTALL DRIVER, not a problem)

3 x USB 2.0 port(s)

1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert

1 x HDMI (need tests)

Audio Built-in Speakers And Microphone REALTEK ALC269 (MUST INSTALL DRIVER, not a problem) HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_10431AB3

Battery 8Cells : 5200 mAh 74 Whrs (MUST INSTALL DRIVER, not a problem)

HISTORY:

there's not a lot of experiences about it.. I suppose due to high cost!

so you must consider that the HW is quite similar (or 95% equal) to:

-Asus G73/G74 series

-Asus U36SD series (yes.. and the DSDT is THE SAME!)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=261460 (the most important)
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=261968&st=180 (G73 series)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=200060#p200060 (same BT)
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=270686 (same HW)
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=250668&st=150
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216699

PROCEDURE

FOR LION SETUP I SUPPOSE YOU ARE GOOD TO DO.. IF NOT READ THE 5 3D startig from top IN

BUT-> I always prefer to start with A Lion or Snow up&running.. yes because having a good mac running you can ATTACH an external USB DRIVE or USB PENDRIVE (16Gb or more) to DEPLOY LION: BECAUSE it's more safe.. faster..and after a SETUP you can PUT KEXTS/BOOTLOADER/MODS/DSDT without having damned reboot or crash at boot

When you are ready.. detach and put in the G53.

OK NOW..

PHASE 1:SETUP LION

1st: it's very difficult to install LION from scratch..

I had a lot of KP.. I'll explain:

I tried to start INTO THE G53 Booting LION ORIGINAL VANILLA SETUP.. with OSINSTALL.mpkg modded. RESULTS: Crash at 80% KP when is optimizing the Lion setup.

I tried to run IATKOS L2 Setup: RESUTLS: Crash at 80% the same as above

I tried manually to run LION Setup MANUALLY.. I See why it chrashes.. but I cannot solve it.

THE Only methods good for me are:

-Launch manually IATKOS L1 and after a 10.7.2 Combo update.

-CarbonCopyClone a Lion 10.7.1 Vanilla and then work on it.

PHASE 2:BASIC MODS

1)THE BOOT LOADER mustbe greather than 1650.. because of recent fixes (cloud etc..)

2)THE DSDT (as I wrote in the 1st link above I read with big fatigues a dozen of DSDTs.. ) I'm not happy I think I'm far from the perfection.. I need your HELP! in attached mine.. I suppose it must be fixed for a good resume from wake. The laptop is not able to wake from usb devices.. not from the opening of the display (LID).. and the system is up.. the VGA is up.. but I never can do nothing

3)TRACKPAD and KEyboard (the trackpad is too small .. bah.) use whatever PS2 mods for lion.. take it from IATKOS L1 or L2 DMG. (it put Voodoops2.. appleacips2nub and appleps2)

4)WIFI. Run Iatkos L2 Atheros AR9285 package or take IO80211 modded kext from the 2nd link above (the g73 lion 3d)

5)LAN. Run Iatkos L2 Realtek 8111 package or equivalent

6)BATTERTY. Put Voodoobattery lion.. but I prefer to do more improvements.. but I'm testing AppleACPIBatterymanager.kext

7)CPU: Run the Speedstepper following the
procedure. It permit to DELETE NULLCPU or DISABLER. It enable CPU throttling/scaling, and with the DSDT it enable the SLEEP so NEVER USE SLEEPENABLER.. it do KP!!!!

8)KERNEL: I prefer to use LAPIC PATCHED KERNEL (bornt for HP i7 laptops)
and I'm testing it. It Permit to DELETE CPUS=1 at boot flag.

9)BOOT and SMBIOS: Use mine in attached.. Graphics enabler yes is important.Also BUSRATIO=20. Smbios must be 8,2 and not 8,3.. see the original MACBOOKPro!

10)VIDEO: Use IATKOS L2 or L1 invidia F100 mods.. it fit 460GTX video cards!! a bomb!!!! the kext involved is NVDAGF100Hal. Alternative use

11)USB3: take IATKOS L2 usb3 patch or equivalent.. sometimes in the LOGKERNEL I see that the current in the bus go down.. the drive external sometimes go OFF!!! must have a look !!!!

12)Brightness: I put acpibacklightdriver kext and i'm doing tests.. I put PNLF in DSDT

next I'll test

next Iìll test EDID very powerful mods
and

13)AUDIO: some voodoohda has bad noise and LAARSEN BOOST problems.. take that version is made for ALC269

14)FN keys. I put AAPL, has embedded FN keys in DSDT.. need more time to test and work on it.

15)LPC and SMBus. OOTB if you use my dsdt.

16)WEBCAM is ootb Chicony CNF7129 Camera. Photobooth detects it, but booth area is black before and after snapping pic.

17)BT: wip. I'm testing Bigdonkey BT.zip
and ath3k-firmware-uploader in

18)CARDREADER: wip: everywhere nobody run it.. this is a Realtek card reader 5in1: USB\VID_0BDA&PID_0139

but I've discovered a driver realtek for mac osx.. here

i'll test it

CONCLUSIONS:

After a normal vanilla setup you've a working Lion.. 1024x768.. no wifi no lan.. but you can use it to work to achieve from the hardware the best..

this is a good starting point.. if you don't have anything except that laptop.

and after a couple of days you've a working Lion..

and I add: with at least the minimum changes at the S/L/E.. to have as more as possible a Vanilla setup.

that's all

bye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

You responded to my post about getting Lion installed on a similar setup, and I was wondering if you could provide some more information about your bootloader. I got as far as Lion install and 10.7.2 update using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], but the Chimera bootloader from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] doesn't seem to work. The install finishes and when I reboot, I get boot0 errors. Could you go through what worked for you?

indeed

I tried too to use chimera.. and my idea is that chimera is a good dev team.. but

ACTUALLY none of their releases fit well in Asus ROG laptops.. because they still recognize the pci/pcie device tree.. and also detect the presence and the name of the wifi/lan/PEG.. but after all .. nothing

so I tried the 18xx and above.. NIET

I tried 1785.. so and so

I tried 167x good

tomorrow evening or this (maybe) I'll post my kexts

I'm trying the 10.7.2 native invidia, the older, the DP4, the famous 226 1f0 invidia kexts.. (famous only becouse most of people have published OLDER experiences.. this is the SAD story!! and my opinion is that is not a must that we'd use ONLY very older drivers!!

actually invidia publish 27x.xx drivers.. but Declares that they NEVER run on gtx4xx cards. So I tried myself to extract from those packages the drivers.. to test them

but.. black screen

this evening I'll try again.. and then I'll post my results

I'll post also the AGPM that.. married with 8,2 smbios.plist let run the card without freeze. (or you could delere the kext.. decide freely)

bye

ok my references are:

http://www.insanelym...pic=266036&st=0

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=266318&st=20

http://www.insanelym...053&mode=linear

http://www.insanelym...l=&fromsearch=1

http://netkas.org/?p=794

actually I can say:

never put a blank resolution in com.chameleon.boot.plist.. put a value or delete the row!

I confirm: 10.7.3 beta don't run

10.7.2 run

dp4 run

gm run

all of them run with NVDAGF100Hal.kext modded with

0x0dd110de&0xffe0ffff

I reached 26fps in cinebench.. with older kexts

today I tried to:

Extract all the drivers from latest drivers (19 gen 2012 !!) NVDAGF100Hal 7.18.11 270.05.20f02

but no way

then I left ALL those drivers INCLUDING both in System/library/Framework/openGL and OpenCL

but REPLACED NVDAGF100Hal and NVDARESMAN of 10.7.2

system run.. and cinebench run 21fps

in attachment my smbios.plist and AGPM 10.7.2

I never had any sort of injection in DSDT

org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

smbios.plist.zip

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.zip

Hey, lots of info there.

Actually, I have an update. I was able to get Chimera workin! I used the latest installer from tonymac, and then did this proccess to get over the boot0 errors.

I tried your smbios and boot.plist file, but they were no good for me :(

My priority #1 right now is video driver install. I have 1920x1080 display mode, and I can play Portal 2, but Unity, a game engine I need to run, crashes at boot :( This could be Unity's fault, but I'll bet that I haven't configured my GTX 560M correctly. How can I check if I have full support?

don't know

I'm sure.. that with 10.7.3 it never run

tried yesterday.. with GE=yes and any other --> black screen

with nvenabler hangs at verbose log boot

the only one that run is ATY-Init

(and obviously with nvdhal100 with devid patched )

but. .the 10.7.2 drivers are not good to run 1920x1080.. only 1280

idem 10.7.3... no opencl no cuda

i mean: if you install mac from scratch.. and put the latest drivers.. you run and you see the X server.. but not the Opencl and not the full resolution

and i f you try.. with the 10.7.2 or 3 to inject or run whathever you like to test.. because you're starting from bad drivers.. you can only have black screen or nothing

you have to downgrade drivers

to 256 f0 or f1.. and the only driver you can take to upper lever is the System/library/framework/opengl and opencl

and then you can install latest CUDA driver

I tried to use.. one by one.. 1 kext mod and restart.. and I tried with ALL the kext named GEFORCE to all the kext named NVDA*

the 1st opinion is that the must important.. in order .. is NVDARESMAN

and hte second is NVDAL100

and my opinion is that I never have used it at all!!

that's because.. even if I'm running opencl 29.7 and full resolution.. if I type

kextstat | grep NV

I see only NVDARESMAN

even if at the verbose boot I see NVDAL100HAL loaded and registered

BUT: If I use GE=yes or other injector (or none) different from ATY-init.. i never boot fine

I use the SENDOR NVClock.. and it's very useful at verbose boot because it prompts .. UNTIL the video card id detected.. the info about the presence or not of the card itself

if you really like.. you can do CARBONCLONE of your system (as I do) in an other partition.. and test my package.. (I must prepare it before) and freeze your tests with my level

• 1 month later...

ehi

it's impssible!

how you did it?

did you started with the flags in chamaleon boot.plist as usual to obtain and bypass that problem?

ehi

it's impssible!

how you did it?

did you started with the flags in chamaleon boot.plist as usual to obtain and bypass that problem?

it's very possible.i tried to use many boot cd ( ibooot,chimera,chameleon,etc ) but i always have this problem.what have i do?

ciao

after the easter vacation i'll start new tests on it.. for the moment I tell you I never did setup with the boot cd you wrote above. never.

I always use a mac/hach .. with a deploy into an external usb/sata hdd.. for the 1st touch

but.. in that laptop I can tell you that the latest Iatkos for Lion start well .. and with it you can perform a basic setup only to have an initial and rudimental hack to run..

but also the recent ML dp1 is good as is.. I mean with the hacked OSInstall in the official ML Dp1 setup you can do a complete setup of mac.. and believeme.. is better than Lion

in alternative you can run the patch called IOPCIfamily vers 2 (lion) that is a patched version .. that solve your problem..

it's into the latest iatkos lion setup

but.. is it so important to solve that problem? it's only a non echo screen of certain slice of the verbose boot..

if you achieve the finder.. you can call the kernel log and see those hidden slices.. as well as you see the sun

what I'l do:

-replace the internal wifi combo BT card with another one ONLY wifi (dell 1510 spare part BCM94322 )

-solder the pci-e pins 36,38 of the expansion bus with the + and - voltage with a normal usb2.1 dongle

I'm searching for a usb 4.0 BLE new generation. but the only one I found (apart of 2 wificombo I cannot use with a mac) is a dongle of a brand that I cannot buy

so I decided to move to the cheapest solution

ciao

after the easter vacation i'll start new tests on it.. for the moment I tell you I never did setup with the boot cd you wrote above. never.

I always use a mac/hach .. with a deploy into an external usb/sata hdd.. for the 1st touch

but.. in that laptop I can tell you that the latest Iatkos for Lion start well .. and with it you can perform a basic setup only to have an initial and rudimental hack to run..

but also the recent ML dp1 is good as is.. I mean with the hacked OSInstall in the official ML Dp1 setup you can do a complete setup of mac.. and believeme.. is better than Lion

in alternative you can run the patch called IOPCIfamily vers 2 (lion) that is a patched version .. that solve your problem..

it's into the latest iatkos lion setup

but.. is it so important to solve that problem? it's only a non echo screen of certain slice of the verbose boot..

if you achieve the finder.. you can call the kernel log and see those hidden slices.. as well as you see the sun

what I'l do:

-replace the internal wifi combo BT card with another one ONLY wifi (dell 1510 spare part BCM94322 )

-solder the pci-e pins 36,38 of the expansion bus with the + and - voltage with a normal usb2.1 dongle

I'm searching for a usb 4.0 BLE new generation. but the only one I found (apart of 2 wificombo I cannot use with a mac) is a dongle of a brand that I cannot buy

so I decided to move to the cheapest solution

my problem is that i can't run the patch called IOPCIfamily vers 2 cause i don't see the setup screen.the problem i have is before the setup.i tried with latest iaktos but i got the same problem.yes is important to solve this problem cause after that error i can't install osx cause is all blocked.sorry for the english

believe me I never have seen that problem with iatkos L2 .. did you boot with the normal flag necessary with a laptop as that?

busratio=20 cpus=1 npci=0×2000 -v

(this is the normal boot for sandybridge..I suppose you'v read the forum and the netkas project)

wht I bought: HP DV7 DV7-1135EA WEBCAM .. easy to find cost is 15€

the scheme below is a typical HP pinout scheme but with a microscope I found exactly the right pinout (also useful this and this )

normlly the connector is soldered with a small connector but in the back side of the PCB you can find 6 small testpoints.

they re labelld with TPxx.. HP webcams use (from DV4 to DV5 series the same identification) :

TP18 GND

TP19 +5VDC

TP22 -d

TP25 +d

TP24

TP23

so 2 wires are for left and right audio signals.. the others for USB

OK

the asus G53 has a small camera because it doesn't have the 2 stereo mike!!

and this is easier because the connector og the webcam asus is only with USB wires.

good

In order to have native LION / SNOW camera I soldered the usb in the new HP pcb.. respecting the right connections.

+5v, D- D+ GND

Hey there, thanks for your guide, i recently brought a Asus N55SL, here are the specs:

ASUS N55SL

Chipset: Intel® HM65

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 2670QM Processor

GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 635M 2GB DDR3 VRAM

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM

HDD: 750GB 7200rpm 2"5 SATA

1 x Microphone-in jack

1 x Headphone-out jack(MUST INSTALL DRIVER, not a problem)

2 x USB 2.0 port(s)

1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert

1 x HDMI

Card Reader 5 -in-1 card reader ( SDXC/ MS/ MS Pro/ MS Duo/ MMC)

its very similiar to yours, you think i can follow your guide and be sucessfull?

After a normal vanilla setup you've a working Lion.. 1024x768.. no wifi no lan.. but you can use it to work to achieve from the hardware the best..

this is a good starting point.. if you don't have anything except that laptop.

what about this errors? got'em fixed?

cheers,

zka

? please explain well.. what did you do until now? have you opened a 3D or you want to append to this.. did you start experiences or waiting again?

• 2 weeks later...

hy.. since i've bought the G53.. I tried to do my best.. but most of those problems were unsolved

so what I did:

-changed the cam 2.0 with another cam 2.0 mac osx OOTB (from DV6 6xxx series hp)

(the connection is the same.. usb binout, but I brang +5v from motherboard because the cam of G53/g73 is powered with 3,3V)

-changed the Wifi minipcie: yes it run.. so why? because the newer PCB contains the damned BT chipset.. which is activated (only ubuntu 11.10+ and windows) via software through the COEXISTENCE function. So.. mac never support that. and the worst is that the verbose log tells the truth.. the IOBluetoothfamily is inhibited due to errors trying to raise the BT of the minipcie.

SO: I bought the Dell15xx minipciè.. broadcom chipset OOTB.

Then: I bought the 1st USB Dongle BT4.0 (yes... the 4.0 that Apple fits in newer macbook/ipad/iphone) .. and I sold it inside the asus. I've soldered the mini-pciè PINs 36,38 of the motherboard.. (now they are unused due to wifi card) for that usb signal.. and took the +5v and ground from other usb.

Injecting the Plist I'me running fine and I've enabled the USB RESUME FROM WAKE

BUT: my DSDT is very complext.. i've changed it but not enought to resume from devices except than the POWER btn.. would you help me???

-I've changed the keyboard.. I'll never want to use the backlight functions..

SO if anyone of you wants the original US keyboard with backlight.. I'll give it!

-I've used older drivers.. cuda, and 16xx + versions of chameleon that permits to have GTX460m stable and OPENCL.. no need of chimera.. which cause to loose other vital functions.. I've also changed the AppleGPUpowermanagement and AppleIntelPowerManagement.. so the change of State for CPU and GPU is also fine.

WHAT remains:

DSDT, nothing

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ugokind, just passed by this post... maybe my signature links can help you. I run Lion 10.7.3 here with some problems as of now, but none of them are really huge.

Issues:

- Bluetooth is pure trash. We know it. I bought a generic dongle for like $5 and it works with it (actually R$15 in my currency).

- Card Reader is also pure trash. I don't know how to make it work but I also don't care. Like bluetooth I don't really use it.

- Graphics work ok, but sometimes the system freezes, the screen start to crash on refresh (like moving a window) but soon it resets itself and come back from a soft-reset (it's like the system logs out the user and log back in instantly and reopen all the apps opened before). It doesn't happen often, more like once in a week, but they happen.

- The HDMI out doesn't support sound now. There is a patch somewhere that make it work I think (in olarila.com) but it requires hours to make it work... and I still couldn't do. Regardless, I almost never use it as well. I have external sound boxes so I plug it normally at the sound-out and it works.

- Camera: it works, but it's really terrible. Not really my thing too, but would be nice to have some better functionality. As of now, when it's on by some application you can count around 5min and the system will have some hangs here and there. It doesn't freeze thou, but it looks like a bad thing to keep it up.

Regardless those issues I use this configuration fully to work and hard resets are uncommon (but happens).

If you need my kexts in extra or /s/l/e and my /extra contents just let me know.

I am trying Mountain Lion DP3 in another partition and I got it to boot. Without wireless network or sound, it is up and running (minor graphic glitches, but i havent installed any different kexts yet).

Cheers

Edited by bsides

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

First, thanks so much for posting your dsdt and other necessary files. I have a G53SW, and used your dsdt and everything works great. I used a modified AppleHDA with couple of lines to get HDMI working. I found it in Tonymac and it works great, no KP, sound quality is great.

The only issue I have, besides of course BT and card reader, is that when machine wakes up from hibernation, I have no sound and I have to reboot to get the sound working. Other than that I have been using your dsdt for the last few days and NO ONE SINGLE kp, thanks to you, this is the most stable I have ever been.

Since my model is somewhat different from yours, I am wondering if it could be possible for you to post your original dsdt, that way I can compare with my original and port only your changes to mine.

Also do you have any idea how one could fix the loss of sound after sleep, probably in dsdt, but where and how?

Artimess

PS: I run 10.7.4, with its original kernel, your lapic fixed keep giving me "Still waiting for root device" message

Also to get wireless work on 10.7.4 I had to downgrade IO802... kext to the one in 10.7.2

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hy excuse me for late

today I started to test DP4

it's Amazing!!

finally it has BT4.0 native drivers

and for the 1st time never freeze with benchmarks for GTX460m

no need to alter drivers.. no need to patch anything ..

woa..

a good beginning

i'll continue my guide in another 3d

Hi ugokind, just passed by this post... maybe my signature links can help you. I run Lion 10.7.3 here with some problems as of now, but none of them are really huge.

Issues:

- Bluetooth is pure trash. We know it. I bought a generic dongle for like $5 and it works with it (actually R$15 in my currency).

- Card Reader is also pure trash. I don't know how to make it work but I also don't care. Like bluetooth I don't really use it.

- Graphics work ok, but sometimes the system freezes, the screen start to crash on refresh (like moving a window) but soon it resets itself and come back from a soft-reset (it's like the system logs out the user and log back in instantly and reopen all the apps opened before). It doesn't happen often, more like once in a week, but they happen.

- The HDMI out doesn't support sound now. There is a patch somewhere that make it work I think (in olarila.com) but it requires hours to make it work... and I still couldn't do. Regardless, I almost never use it as well. I have external sound boxes so I plug it normally at the sound-out and it works.

- Camera: it works, but it's really terrible. Not really my thing too, but would be nice to have some better functionality. As of now, when it's on by some application you can count around 5min and the system will have some hangs here and there. It doesn't freeze thou, but it looks like a bad thing to keep it up.

Regardless those issues I use this configuration fully to work and hard resets are uncommon (but happens).

If you need my kexts in extra or /s/l/e and my /extra contents just let me know.

I am trying Mountain Lion DP3 in another partition and I got it to boot. Without wireless network or sound, it is up and running (minor graphic glitches, but i havent installed any different kexts yet).

Cheers

as I wrote above.. I spent many time changing hardware

I replaced the camera.. with one from hp dv series.. ok the asus one is great.. but I'm angry when the camera connects only if you launch the camera control before

the BT : I bought this one!! http://www.ebay.it/itm/220993925414

I took the pins from the internal PCIexpress motherboard with lens and a microwatt solder. I took the +5v and the ground from the pcb of the USB internal. And I've created a new usb host device for the BT.

The BT4 is important because it's the same used in iphone and MBP. I took a lot of time to wait and discover one that match the same kind of chipset. And the ML DP4 is the 1st release that support BT4 in the plist of broadcom plugin inside the iobluetooth family.kext

@Venomx1024x

I did style exercises in the latest DP4 release only not to forgive my method.. but with or without my DSDT I never find strong differences between both boots. Apart to see the exact name of a device.. sincerely I never have found that one boot is better than the other.

The real differences are if you see the LPC and SMC are loded properly..

But my experiences stops with Lion about sleep and CPU stepper performances.. and in the forum I never seen the real solution to obtain a good AICPM with SMC.. apart if you are a geek to extract and compile SSDT table or to do a BIOS mod.

Hi

First, thanks so much for posting your dsdt and other necessary files. I have a G53SW, and used your dsdt and everything works great. I used a modified AppleHDA with couple of lines to get HDMI working. I found it in Tonymac and it works great, no KP, sound quality is great.

The only issue I have, besides of course BT and card reader, is that when machine wakes up from hibernation, I have no sound and I have to reboot to get the sound working. Other than that I have been using your dsdt for the last few days and NO ONE SINGLE kp, thanks to you, this is the most stable I have ever been.

Since my model is somewhat different from yours, I am wondering if it could be possible for you to post your original dsdt, that way I can compare with my original and port only your changes to mine.

Also do you have any idea how one could fix the loss of sound after sleep, probably in dsdt, but where and how?

Artimess

PS: I run 10.7.4, with its original kernel, your lapic fixed keep giving me "Still waiting for root device" message

Also to get wireless work on 10.7.4 I had to downgrade IO802... kext to the one in 10.7.2

I like your mods in the AppleHDA.

I never want to run Voodoo.. can you tell me how you got it running.. or may I have yours?