Please Help with KP after SSDT injection in DSDT !

Dyolp

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone !

I need some help for my Laptop ASUS.

I inserted SSDT tables in my DSDT in order to get Power Management correctly and the Sleep function, but get a kernel Panic ! (photos attached)

I'm under SnowLeopard 10.6.8

Does anyone can help me with this KP ?

I submit the current /Extra file, the DSDT before KP and KP photos.

Thank you in advance for any help and / or indications !

Always it's a wonderful site and forum !!

AlphaR

First of all, please do not crosspost. I have deleted your other post.

Don't merge SSDT tables data with your DSDT, it is too complicated not to mention unnecessary.

Dump your SSDT tables and modify them as they are, compile them and place them next to your DSDT.aml in /Extra and have Chameleon load them for you using DropSSDT=y in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Separating things like this will also make troubleshooting easier.

Read more in this thread...and not just the first post..read further inside to learn from other people's mistakes so you don't have to repeat them...:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225766

If you need to upgrade don't download Chameleon from that thread, the files posted there are over a year old and many things have been improved since then. Use Chameleon 2.0 final or Chameleon 2.1.

ok ! thanks !

I'll for sure read your link !

I's more clear for me now !

I've just a question related to your answer.

When you say "Dump your SSDT tables and modify them as they are, compile them and place them"

What do you exactly mean by modify.

Also, I've five SSDT tables but I used the elements of just two tables ! My question is : I've to merge the an put them near DSDT or put them separatly ?

Here is my SSDT tables, if you can enlighten me ;-)

Great thanks in advance and sorry for the crosspost :-)

What do you exactly mean by modify.

LOL I was hoping you might tell me! I was assuming that since you are messing around with your SSDT tables it's because you have done something to them.

If not, just dump them all and leave them as they are in /Extra. Be sure to follow the naming convention as described in the post that I linked to - i.e. ssdt.aml, ssdt-1.aml and so on.

Make sure to add the appropriate settings to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (or com.apple.Boot.plist if you're still using an older version of Chameleon), the CPU power management stuff is not enabled by default. Read the thread I linked to, it's all there.

Note that if you enable ACPI 2.0, ACPI APIC and all advanced CPU settings, including C-states (but not CPUID Limit, that must be left disabled, this setting is only for old OS' like Windows 98) you will get more SSDT tables when dumping. And we all know that more is better..

It's important that you don't make any modifcations to the processor scope code in your DSDT as this part references code in the SSDT tables. If you have, for example, changed the CPU core names from P00x to CPUx, you must change them back, or change them in the SSDT tables as well.

Anyway all of this information is available and repeated several times over in the thread that I linked to, please read/study it if you think it's important to know what you are doing! ;) However, if you love your wife/girlfriend be careful, I almost got divorced because I spent too much time reading that thread.

A big thanks for your answer! This is even more clear to me!

I REALLY appreciate your sincerity and your humor!

Very passionated about the world of Hackintosh, I spend a lot of time searching on the internet to improve my setup .. and it is true that sometimes this causes tension with my wife who feels neglected;-)

I'm Glad that your couple has resist to your Hackintosh passion! ;-)

Nevertheless, I was always strongly believes in the interest of reading forums and problems faced by people who post, but I am also convinced that an answer to a question can help avoiding hours or/and days of research (This world of Hackintosh is so vast !)

So, in the same sense, I understand that if I activate in Linux ACPI 2.0, ACPI and APIC, I could extract more SSDT than I have now (ie: in addition to the five that I currently have - you can see my attached files in the first post). Is that correct ?

Again thank you for your reading!

I understand that if I activate in Linux ACPI 2.0, ACPI and APIC, I could extract more SSDT than I have now (ie: in addition to the five that I currently have - you can see my attached files in the first post). Is that correct ?

I can't speak for your hardware but that's what happens here. I get two more tables. I have not done any tests to see if it makes any difference to OS X with those extra tables or not, but I have P- and C-states working. If you dig hard enough into that thread you will find some detailed posts by me from when I discovered this.

My wife still doesn't like my Hackintosh very much but she has learned to live with it. ;)

• 1 month later...

Hello Gringo Vermelho !

Thank you for your previous help!

I return to you after long reading posts on SSDT tables and precisely that you had previously indicated to me.

I was inspired from your own posts for the implementation of my SSDT tables (with original (PR) scope !) under Lion 17.7.2 and as indicated in the instructions of Mojodo for naming SSDTs Tables. I'll be very gratefful if you can take a brief look of my Extra File under Lion.

Problem, I still have very high temperatures and Fans are noisy;-(

I need your precious help for the following two points:

1. How to verify that the insertion of the SSDT tables is correct?

2. What should I change in my DSDT, Kexts and/or SSDT Tables to reduce my Laptop temperatures that are so high?

Also I submit my ioreg under Lion (Maybe it's useful !)

In advance thank you very much for your help!

Loyd