Toshiba Satellite A505-S6965!

maclover4evaneva

7 posts in this topic

Well First of all ... i was searching for a guide for this laptop! but there is no guide so..... i will write what i have working on my laptop and if you got a fix for something please! You can comment!

If you have 10.5.x - http://www.hackint0sh.org/f200/145162.htm

Toshiba Satellite A505-S6965 -- Snow Leopard 10.6.8

USB - Yes

Graphics - No (i have tried lots of methods and i cant enable the qe/ci or native resolution; if someone knows how to please tell us!!!!!!!!)

Lan - yes

Audio - Yes (Speakers/Headphones/mic) (im not to sure if internal mic works, have'nt tried)

Webcam - ?? (mine doesnt work, i dont know what happened, i cant even see my webcam on windows)

Trackpad - Yes

Keyboard - Yes

SD Reader - No

Wifi - No (Mercurysquad is working on it!! they said it will be realeased in december)

Installing OS

First of all, first i installed 10.6. Snow leopard, then booted with -x -v cpus=1 and deleted all the ATI related kexts and AppleTYMCE.kext i think, then boot in normal mode with only cpus=1 , Then Update to 10.6.8 with the oficial combo update(deleting Sleepenabler.kext) after that, it will give you a kernel panic almost finishing instalation.

DON'T PANIC!, boot again with this flags: -x -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 and backup all your original Ati related kexts, and delete the ones that are in system/library/extensions, also delete appletymce.kext.

Now Boot with -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 and you are done!

REMEMBER!!! you always have to boot with cpus=1 and npci=0x2000 or add them to the boot.plist :D

Audio

When i updated to 10.6.8 my Audio Worked!!! i dont know why!

USB

For USB you have two options... boot always with USBBusFix=yes or adding that kernel flag to com.apple.boot.plist

That way you will enable usb!! :D

Graphics

I've Tried a lot of different ways to enable but i always get my OS or boot screwed, Also with Dong's RadeonHD.kext only for having native resolution but again... no success!! ;) If someone can make it work! it would be awesome, anyway ill be trying!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...906&hl=4570 - not working!!!

http://www.thillagen.com/2011/04/hackintos...-with-qeci.html - also tried this and not working... :)

LAN

Use this oficial installer :) - http://www.mediafire.com/?3cdce6ihqcl41h6

SD Reader

I haven't found any fix :D ...... (tried with VoodooSDHC.kext and nothing happened)

Wi-Fi

Mercury squad is working on the kext for intel 5100 i think! you can watch here http://www.facebook.com/mercurysquad?ref=ts

-----------------------------------------------------------

I would love you to comment here about any fix you've found and help us all together!

Also if you have any question i'll answer sonner as i can! :)

Finally I can add a reply lol.

Did you use a retail disk to install snow leopard?

I am ultimately trying to get this thing to dual boot lion plus windows 7 but I kind of need to use 10.6.8 as a stepping stone.

If im not wrong i used Biohazard's Snow Leopard 10.6, it comes with 10.6.1 and 10.6.2 updates but dont worked for me so i just installed it with the bootloader :)

any other thing.... feel free to ask me ! :)

If im not wrong i used Biohazard's Snow Leopard 10.6, it comes with 10.6.1 and 10.6.2 updates but dont worked for me so i just installed it with the bootloader :)

any other thing.... feel free to ask me ! :)

Yeah I have been patiently awaiting a reply lol.

What bootloader are you using? Is it chameleon?

One last thing, isn't biohazards snow leopard fragmented and everything is in spanish?

Yeah I have been patiently awaiting a reply lol.

What bootloader are you using? Is it chameleon?

One last thing, isn't biohazards snow leopard fragmented and everything is in spanish?

Im using chameleon 2.0 rc4 i think

About biohazard's, i dont know what do you mean for "fragmented" , and no, its not only in spanish its also in other languages

Im using chameleon 2.0 rc4 i think

About biohazard's, i dont know what do you mean for "fragmented" , and no, its not only in spanish its also in other languages

Sorry for the non specifics.

What happened was that the hazard distro that I found before was in spanish and they broke the .dmg file into 200 mb chunks. It was really annoying.

I found a good hazard distro and I got it running about 30 minutes ago on 10.6.0

No USB yet. I am hoping to get this to work first so that I may get a wlan adapter working (hopefully).

I haven't really gotten into putting kexts in yet. I will repost after a little playing around.

ps. So far I have only been able to succesfully boot through a "safeboot". Are you able to boot normally?

I got the usb to work using the usb fix. So nevermind that problem. My next step is going to be to install some kexts and edit the boot.pllist.

The problem is I have no idea how to mess with kexts and the boot list. Do you have a good tutorial on how to do this?

Sorry I am so n00by when it comes to mac. This is my first one and I bought a retail dvd a while back (30 dollar upgrade) to try to get this thing going. I really appreciate the help so far I just want to get things going and then maybe after I am a little more acclimated we can figure out some things that aren't quite working.

Lastly, did you ever have any problems with networking?

I am at a point where I am able to connect to my router via ethernet, but in the network diagnostics tab it is coming up as able to connect to isp but no internet. I tried the connection on my xbox and computer and both are good (using the same cable/port on router).

I also successfully installed one set of drivers for a wireless usb connector and I am able to connect to my network but I run into the same "no interwebs" problem.

I tried connecting to an ad-hoc network as well but I had the same issue. Snow leopard is sending packets but it seems like it can't receive them properly.

BTW

The os itself is pretty stable

post-885347-1317688540_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the non specifics.

What happened was that the hazard distro that I found before was in spanish and they broke the .dmg file into 200 mb chunks. It was really annoying.

I found a good hazard distro and I got it running about 30 minutes ago on 10.6.0

No USB yet. I am hoping to get this to work first so that I may get a wlan adapter working (hopefully).

I haven't really gotten into putting kexts in yet. I will repost after a little playing around.

ps. So far I have only been able to succesfully boot through a "safeboot". Are you able to boot normally?

I got the usb to work using the usb fix. So nevermind that problem. My next step is going to be to install some kexts and edit the boot.pllist.

The problem is I have no idea how to mess with kexts and the boot list. Do you have a good tutorial on how to do this?

Sorry I am so n00by when it comes to mac. This is my first one and I bought a retail dvd a while back (30 dollar upgrade) to try to get this thing going. I really appreciate the help so far I just want to get things going and then maybe after I am a little more acclimated we can figure out some things that aren't quite working.

Lastly, did you ever have any problems with networking?

I am at a point where I am able to connect to my router via ethernet, but in the network diagnostics tab it is coming up as able to connect to isp but no internet. I tried the connection on my xbox and computer and both are good (using the same cable/port on router).

I also successfully installed one set of drivers for a wireless usb connector and I am able to connect to my network but I run into the same "no interwebs" problem.

I tried connecting to an ad-hoc network as well but I had the same issue. Snow leopard is sending packets but it seems like it can't receive them properly.

BTW

The os itself is pretty stable

Lol, too large reply... ok

First things first...

If you can boot normally, go to system/library/extensions and delete all the ati related kext and the AppleTYMCE.kext and now you could enter without -x

For the boot stuff read this (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5513), im gonna upload a pic of my boot.plist config so you can guide for editing it :(

For the ethernet problem, mine is working perfect.. maybe its cause you are in safe mode...

For your wlan adapter search for solutions in google, this thread is only for the laptop hardware :D i use a trendnet tew-644ub and works perfect.

post-586158-1318454033_thumb.jpg