(Solved]stuck on There is no keyboard connected....[old] reboot after successful installation

rakusson

8 posts in this topic

hi,

I successfully installed Lion. I rebooted to Chameleon 2.0 rc5 and selected the installed drive (lion installed) to boot. It started to boot and got stuck on

87.482618:setWOW_PARAMETERS: wowevents = 2(1)

After that I tried to reboot with PCIRootUID=1 -v

then I was stuck on white screen with mouse cursor.

again, I tried to boot with

PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler = no -v

This time, I was stuck on ACPI_SMC_Platformplugin:registerLPCD Driver - failed to located smc driver.

I've attached a pic of error.

Solved

I edited system/CoreService/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist

removed these two lines

<string>DeviceSection</string>
<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

from there and yes, didn't need any extra keyboard. now my trackpad, keyboard as well as external usb mouse all working including wifi. but Lan is not working as well as Graphics card. i'm getting 1024 * 768 resolution. Will install [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] now. let see.

post-819882-1314292917_thumb.jpg

hi,

I successfully installed Lion. I rebooted to Chameleon 2.0 rc5 and selected the installed drive (lion installed) to boot. It started to boot and got stuck on

87.482618:setWOW_PARAMETERS: wowevents = 2(1)

After that I tried to reboot with PCIRootUID=1 -v

then I was stuck on white screen with mouse cursor.

again, I tried to boot with

PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler = no -v

This time, I was stuck on ACPI_SMC_Platformplugin:registerLPCD Driver - failed to located smc driver.

I've attached a pic of error.

I copied MacBookPro8,1 / Sandy Bridge extra folder to my bootable chameleon and started again. I just boot on -v and suddenly I went to next step but again stuck there. actually, after SetWOW error, the boot didn't stuck but went to "connect your keyboard" screen!!

This is irony that while installing, my keyboard was working perfectly that's why I bough usb mouse and now, keyboard aint working???? what should I do? I used voodoops2 controller kext during installation. I will try to to use apple native keyboard kext and try again. let see what happens. btw, if you have any idea, please do share. I dont wanna buy a keyboard now.

most of us get into the ps2 keyboard prob 'bitchy lion' ,use this

*if u have a ps2 keyboard and got stuck at the searching for keyboard screen ,then restart and boot into ur SL.

>open ur Lion diver and search for

/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist

>open it and delete these lines

*if u have a ps2 keyboard and got stuck at the searching for keyboard screen ,then restart and boot into ur SL.

Thanks for reply, I will try and let u know. btw, I don't have SL. I've a win7 partition and only one Lion partition. I'll boot from Installer USB and will use Terminal to located that file.

What if that file is not present in my Lion installed partition? coz, I could not find that file in my Lion installer USB drive.

Thanks aura333 for your suggestion, this solved my problem!

I booted in my Lion partition with -s -v -x flag and hit some keys when the boot was handed over to Lion boot. then I got into the terminal in a read-only mode. I did following to be able to modify Info.plist

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

Thanks again for suggestion. actually, typing from Lion now. Wifi worked after a reboot. But ATI card aint working. Will install [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. haven't checked sound yet.

Thanks again for suggestion. actually, typing from Lion now. Wifi worked after a reboot. But ATI card aint working. Will install [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. haven't checked sound yet.

glad it helps.

Any similar fix for undetected PS2 mouse ?

u have to use usb ,sorry :D.

glad it helps.

u have to use usb ,sorry :D .

hi,k

This is irony. It worked the way you told me. then I installed some kexts to fix my Graphics Card (ATI 5470) and ran into problem of scrambled screen, couldnt login, so had to re-install Lion. Now, I did exactly same thing but even in Terminal, I couldnt use my ps2 keyboard (which worked perfectly fine previously) that's why I bought usb mouse.

Then I boot from usb installer drive, did the same to remove those two lines and boot from Lion installed drive. ok, I dont get that message of 'keyboard not connected' but my keyboard doesnot work!!!! what do I do now? I tried to boot with different kexts but no success :D

• Like 1