Need help with AMD installation

9 posts in this topic

Now, I have it installed to my partition. I had to enable show hidden files under Transmac, replaced the files inside so I could install to MBR.

Booted with nawcoms CD with NO boot flags and installed perfect. Now I'm having problems updating to 10.6.5 while following this guide because at first it disabled USB, reinstalled and used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to rollback USB before rebooting. Wouldn't boot, forget why.

Then i tried again with different options and kexts and it would hang on 'PCI Configuration Begin' *I think that was it* and wouldn't go past.

So, how do I update to 10.6.8, with working sound, usb, vga, and ethernet.

EDIT: Is there anyway to get my ethernet working on 10.6.0 so I can follow guides and download stuff easier from OSX?

Thanks to ma0 I got it installed on VMWare, and it's now booting with the flags -v -x platform=X86PC . Now, how can I actually install this on my machine, along with Windows 7 64-bit? I want to install it on a separate partition, how do I do this?

Hey guys, I hope you can help me. I'm using this guide to install Snow Leopard on my AMD pc. I need to use Disk Utility to prepare the flashdrive, so I decided I would do that through VMWare. So most everything works fine in VMWare, boots up and everything but then once I get to the language screen, the moust is stuck in the top left corner and I can't move it, and the keyboard won't work.

I'm using a retail SL dvd, ripped the DMG from it and converted to an ISO.

My specs:

AMD Phenom II x4 955

ASUS M5A88-V EVO AM3+

PNY GTX470 (Flashed 465)

G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600

200GB HDD SATA

Use the nawcomMod Cd (google). Once their replace the disk with the retail dvd and press F5. After a little bit a Mac osx Dvd will popup. Click Enter and the mouse will work.

Your Welcome

Sorry for the late response. Busy.. anyway. Make the new partition in windows 7, at least 20 GB. Boot with nawcomMod cd and if needed use those same parameters and steps as last time. Once at the install format the partition as a mac os journaled extended, and go ahead and install. (even if it throws a error, it'll still work.) boot into the mac using the nawcomMod cd then when everything's setup insert darwin_snow_legacy2.iso into your "mac". In the folder extra you'll find some pkgs to finalize things and install the chameleon boot loader. you should be good to go on the mac.

You'll probably notice that you can't boot into windows, you need the windows 7 disk and click repair. It will fix the issues and then use tboot(google) to add an entry in windows to boot to mac.

Your Welcome

Well, it told me it had to format it to a GUID partition, and it would delete everything on the HDD. So I restart to boot back into Windows, it decided to get rid of my main windows partition :(

I'm trying to repair it right now, but it didn't find the OS. Ok, it's booting into windows now.

So how do I install it without losing everything on my hdd?

Thanks, but I figured it out earlier this morning. I just had to use Transmac and clikc the show hidden files option, then just replaced to the files to make it MBR. It installed fine alongside Windows but I'm having problems with it. Ethernet doesn't work, nor does sound or anything. I know how to fix that, but this guide tells me to update to 10.6.5. At first I didn't know it would disable USB, so I had to re-install. Then I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to try and rollback the USB drivers after installing 10.6.5, but before re-booting. It wouldn't boot, I just can't seem to update and roll-back the drivers. Anything to do with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] makes it not boot.

I will update the OP with more info.

update to 10.6.8 instead, before restarting install legacy kernel 10.6.8, before RESTARTING!!! Reboot then insert darwin_snow_legacy2. On the disk there will be an extra folder. look in there and there should be a folder called extra. open there and there will be a bunch of after install goodies for sound and other drivers to install.

Please pm for further q's, cant keep going back to this thread. will be availbale around this time everyday.

But not the weekends.;)