10.6.8 Supplemental Update - post update issue

scalar

2 posts in this topic

Had 10.6.8 working fine with just updates to fakesmc, chameleon new version & some edits to com.apple.Boot.plist aka org.cham.Boot.plist...did not need npci=0x2000 (only had to fix en0 issue for app store) and did not need to remove/replace AppleHDA, AppleACPIPlatform.kext or IOPCIFamily.kext...(just did dsdt/pinconf for AppleHDA again).

So after 10.6.8 supplemental update I've got no ability to boot. Tried replacing AppleHDA, IOPCIFamily.kext & AppleACPIPlatform.kext to no avail...

I did notice that NV kexts have changed, but aside from removing some fakesmc plugins (which you can see missing in the shot below) I'm not sure how else to proceeed.

Anyone have any idea? It's just hanging at start, left it sitting for hours without change. Kernel is still responsive, it will register usb devices that are connected & disconnected (those last 2 msgs are NOT errors, just reporting a device is present).

Really at a loss here as to how to proceed. My GUESS is either the nvidia drivers are causing problems or some boot cache I had somehow missed previously has changed and caused something to no longer register (unlikely though I use several utilities to clean boot caches besides just the typical command line methods on a regular basis).

post-136784-1312121747_thumb.jpg

Well it turns out that 10.6.8 supplemental update is just unstable for me, as is the 1.1 combo update. Something has changed that affects disk activity, I managed to use my 10.6.7 backup partition to restore over 10.6.8 (using CCC/SD) and then updated it again and started seeing all KINDS of issues...now the thing is to figure out why. 10.6.7 is stable & fine...