• Audio : onboard Full working
  • Network: Intel WG82567LM Full working
  • Graphic: working with NO QE/CI
  • Monitor : Dell 22" DVI Cable
  • Hard Disk : Seagate SATA II 320Gb
  • DVD : TSSTCorp Sata TL-463A
  • USB, eSata: all work

What we need:

a) an Intel Core2 Duo computer ( mine Optiplex 760)

:( an USB pen (8 Gb is fine )

c) an Hackintosh running Mac Os X to create Lion.dmg and USB Pen.

Start Mac Os X Leo /Snow Leo

0. Create OSX Lion for Hackintosh

------------------------

a. Download Lion GM/Retail (11A511 )

b. find InstallESD.dmg -> "Install Mac Os X Lion.app/Contents/ShareSupport"

Open and mount InstallESD.dmg

Show HiddenFiles -> here http://gotoes.org/sales/ShowHiddenFilesMacOSX/

Find BaseSystem.dmg inside InstallESD.dmg

Mount BaseSystem.dmg

c. Using Disk utility create an new immage.dmg DVD 4,6 Gb read and write , rename like Lion.dmg

d. Using Disk utility restore BaseSystem.dmg on new image Lion.dmg

e. mount Lion.dmg and rename volume like OSX LION

Delete packages link inside /System/installation

Copy Packages folder from InstallESD.dmg to Lion.dmg inside /System/Installation/ folder

f. Copy needed Kexts on Lion.dmg inside /System/Library/Extentions

*fakesmc.kext

* nullCPUPowermanagenent.kext

* ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext -> this only if you experience Bios reset

Copy Mach_Kernel from InstallESD.dmg to Lion.dmg

Copy OSinstall.mpkg patched for MBR inside /System/Installation/Packages

Copy OSinstall. patched for MBR inside /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSinstall.framwork/Versions/A folder

g. Install Extra_Lion.pkg on Lion.dmg -> here http://www.mediafire.com/?09zjtvcpqqpi9cg

h. Install Chameleon 2.0 RC5 -755.pkg on Lion.dmg -> here http://www.mediafire.com/?67ixrw6tjl55949

Create a folder Postinstallation on Lion.dmg and copy the two pkg and the three kexts

i. With Disk Utility repair permission on Lion.dmg

1. Create Bootable USB pen with OSX Lion

--------------------------------------------------------------

a. With Disk Utility erase USB pen

GUID + HFS+ journaled

rename it "OSX Lion Boot"

b. With Disk Utility restore Lion.dmg to USB Pen

c. Install Extra_Lion.pkg to USB Pen

Install PC-EFI 10.6.pkg to USB Pen -> here http://www.mediafire.com/?vec09o8nifdgq7n

Install Chameleon 2.0 RC5 -755.pkg to USB Pen

2. Boot USB pen with OSX Lion and install

switch off PC

a) Boot newly created USB Pen

With Disk Utility Create a HFS+ journaled partition, rename it "OSX Lion"

( You can Install Lion on MBR or GUID partition)

(if you install over SL 10.6.6-10.6.8 , don't create a new partition and you will be able to upgrade your S.O. without loosing anything)

:) Boot again with USB pen and choose to boot HD

Install Kexts on S/L/E on HD with KextHelper -> here http://cheetha.net/

Install Extra_Lion.pkg to HD

Install Chameleon 2.0 RC5 -755.pkg to HD

c) Done.

Enjoy your Lion wink.png

PippoX0

----------------

fakesmc.kext

fakesmc.zip

NullCPUPowerMagamenent.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.zip

EliottForceLegacyRTC.kext

ElliottForceLegacyRTC.zip

OsInstall patched MBR

OSInstall.zip

OSinstall.mpkg patched MBR

OSInstall.mpkg1024.zip

IntelE1000.kext

AppleIntelE1000e.zip

VoodooHDA.kext

VoodooHDA.zip

• Like 1

Hi, Thx so much for the guide, I have Optiplex 780 Desktop

I`m not sure i understand "C " under 1. Create Bootable USB pen with OSX Lion: i need 2 different bootloaders pci efi and chameleon on usb drive?

Do I need "NullCPUPowerMagamenent.kext" because under snow I didn`t need it at all, is it different on Lion?

you mentioned sound working full: does your microphone work? front speaker?

Thx!

Hi, Thx so much for the guide, I have Optiplex 780 Desktop

I`m not sure i understand "C " under 1. Create Bootable USB pen with OSX Lion: i need 2 different bootloaders pci efi and chameleon on usb drive?

Do I need "NullCPUPowerMagamenent.kext" because under snow I didn`t need it at all, is it different on Lion?

you mentioned sound working full: does your microphone work? front speaker?

Thx!

Hi Lukin,

You can install directly chameleon. If usb pen doesn't boot then try, as i have done, to

Install first pc-efi and then chameleon.

For NullCpuPowerManagement.kext you can try without it.

For sound card i can make some tests ( i have just used rear output )

I will post my results

TESTED: Rear and Front Speaker Work OK :P

Rear and Front Mic Work OK :P

PippoX0

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't work for me i get "Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer". Then it gives me the option to restore from back up or restart.

IMG_0112.JPG

Also I have MacPro3,1 in my smbios.plist but system information shows it as an iMac. Seems my smbios.plist is being ignored by one of the packages.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello and great to see it works on a 760

I have try it on my 760 but i cant install it it gives me the message after booting of USB drive can't install on this machine.

I cant either change my disk permissions

My question is what type of image do you create i know DVD but with what settings and how can i change my disk permissions on my lion.dmg wich i have created and how do i get rid of the message can't install on this machine or something. I hope you can answer my questions.

Thanks in advance

Hello and great to see it works on a 760

I have try it on my 760 but i cant install it it gives me the message after booting of USB drive can't install on this machine.

I cant either change my disk permissions

My question is what type of image do you create i know DVD but with what settings and how can i change my disk permissions on my lion.dmg wich i have created and how do i get rid of the message can't install on this machine or something. I hope you can answer my questions.

Thanks in advance

There are a lot of solutions for the error "can't install on this machine." you can search online.

They only one that worked for me was repairing permissions on the USB itself, using the mac you created the usb on.

• 2 weeks later...
How Install OSX Lion on PC [EASY INSTALL]

First of All this is my Hardware:

Dell OPTIPLEX 760

• Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0Ghz
  • RAM: 2GB 1333 Mhz DDR3

• VGA : Integrad IntelGMA4500 64Mb
  • Audio : onboard Full working
  • Network: Intel WG82567LM Full working
  • Graphic: working with NO QE/CI
  • Monitor : Dell 22" DVI Cable
  • Hard Disk : Seagate SATA II 320Gb
  • DVD : TSSTCorp Sata TL-463A
  • USB, eSata: all work

What we need:

a) an Intel Core2 Duo computer ( mine Optiplex 760)

:) an USB pen (8 Gb is fine )

c) an Hackintosh running Mac Os X to create Lion.dmg and USB Pen.

Start Mac Os X Leo /Snow Leo

0. Create OSX Lion for Hackintosh

------------------------

a. Download Lion GM/Retail (11A511 )

b. find InstallESD.dmg -> "Install Mac Os X Lion.app/Contents/ShareSupport"

Open and mount InstallESD.dmg

Show HiddenFiles -> here http://gotoes.org/sales/ShowHiddenFilesMacOSX/

Find BaseSystem.dmg inside InstallESD.dmg

Mount BaseSystem.dmg

c. Using Disk utility create an new immage.dmg DVD 4,6 Gb read and write , rename like Lion.dmg

Copy Packages folder from InstallESD.dmg to Lion.dmg inside /System/Installation/ folder

*fakesmc.kext

* ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext -> this only if you experience Bios reset

Copy Mach_Kernel from InstallESD.dmg to Lion.dmg

Copy OSinstall.mpkg patched for MBR inside /System/Installation/Packages

Copy OSinstall. patched for MBR inside /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSinstall.framwork/Versions/A folder

g. Install Extra_Lion.pkg on Lion.dmg -> here http://www.mediafire.com/?09zjtvcpqqpi9cg

h. Install Chameleon 2.0 RC5 -755.pkg on Lion.dmg -> here http://www.mediafire.com/?67ixrw6tjl55949

Create a folder Postinstallation on Lion.dmg and copy the two pkg and the three kexts

i. With Disk Utility repair permission on Lion.dmg

GUID + HFS+ journaled

Install PC-EFI 10.6.pkg to USB Pen -> here http://www.mediafire.com/?vec09o8nifdgq7n

2. Boot USB pen with OSX Lion and install

switch off PC

a) Boot newly created USB Pen

(if you install over SL 10.6.6-10.6.8 , don't create a new partition and you will be able to upgrade your S.O. without loosing anything)

Install Kexts on S/L/E on HD with KextHelper -> here http://cheetha.net/

Install Extra_Lion.pkg to HD

Install Chameleon 2.0 RC5 -755.pkg to HD

c) Done.

Enjoy your Lion wink.png

PippoX0

----------------

fakesmc.kext

fakesmc.zip

NullCPUPowerMagamenent.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.zip

EliottForceLegacyRTC.kext

ElliottForceLegacyRTC.zip

OsInstall patched MBR

OSInstall.zip

OSinstall.mpkg patched MBR

OSInstall.mpkg1024.zip

IntelE1000.kext

AppleIntelE1000e.zip

VoodooHDA.kext

VoodooHDA.zip

thanks alot.. i got all of this stuff on my own..up untill getting the resolution higher than 1024x768 if u can help with that..it would b awesome!!!! thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Pippo,

I am hoping you can help clarify some things from your post.  I have a Dell Optiplex 760 with an added GeForce GT430 card added (has Nvidia chipset) - unless you think the embded Intel GM9500 chipset can be used.  So that you know, I am using a 10.5.8 on a PowerPC (G4) Mac to do all this, as it is the only Mac I have access to - so far I everything is working.  It will not connect to the Internet - bad NIC, which is why I am trying to build a Hackintosh.

I bought the LION installation, and I was able to get up to this point:

c. Using Disk utility create an new immage.dmg DVD 4,6 Gb read and write , rename like Lion.dmg    <<< Completed I have a Lion.dmg  file on my desktop (along with the BaseSystem.dmg)

Here is where I get lost.  I drag the Lion.dmg file to the RESTORE (lower box) and the BaseSystem.dmg to the TOP box - the RESTORE button enables - but when I click RESTORE, I get an error that it cannot be restored.

Once I get past STEP D  -  I think I will be okay, but can you elaborate a little more on this step?

Much Appreciated for this wonderful article, I think the only thing which would make it better are screen shots  ;-)

OK....I made it through the steps....I think.

I built the USB drive.  I did the re-write permissions option too.

I put the drive in the OP760, and choose USB as boot option.  It boots a black screen with flashing cursor.

I then tried [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] ver 3.3.0 and chose the USB drive....and added -v to see what it is doing.  

Hundreds of lines of code scroll across, all of them showing as good/loaded.

After bout 2 mins and more screen refreshes than I can remember, the device simply reboots.

I kinda worked through these steps in the instructions - but guessing I need more instruction here:

g. Install Extra_Lion.pkg on Lion.dmg -> here http://www.mediafire.com/?09zjtvcpqqpi9cg   <<< LINK IS BROKEN, but was able to find it by google search.  Does not state where to put it in the .DMG.

h. Install Chameleon 2.0 RC5 -755.pkg on Lion.dmg -> here http://www.mediafire.com/?67ixrw6tjl55949   <<< LINK IS BROKEN, but was able to find it by google search.  Does not state where to put it in the .DMG.

Create a folder Postinstallation on Lion.dmg and copy the two pkg and the three kexts   <<<  Which 2 pkg files, and which three .kexts?  

i. With Disk Utility repair permission on Lion.dmg   <<<  This was done with NO ERRRORS.

=====================================
a) Boot newly created USB Pen  <<  System does not boot from the drive.  

Install Kexts on S/L/E on HD with KextHelper -> here http://cheetha.net/   <<<  LINK APPEARS TO BE BROKEN

Install Extra_Lion.pkg to HD     <<<  Once I get to this point - helpful to know where to put this.

Install Chameleon 2.0 RC5 -755.pkg to HD    <<<  Once I get to this point - helpful to know where to put this.

Any advice as how to get this working, is greatly appreciate.  

*bh*

Hi ,

this an old OSx tutorial ( some time ago - 7 years ago).

I don't have an optiplex anymore.

However,

1)  Chameleon 2.0 RC5 -755.pkg is a program you have to run to install. you can use a more new version or  Enoch-rev.2725.pkg (search with Google).

2) The needed kexts are in my first post ( unzip them) ( FakeSMC.Kext, nullCPUPowermanagenent.kext, ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext)

Install them in \Extra folder and in \System\Libray\Extentions\ folder using Kext Wizard  (search with Google). Kext Helper is too old , but you can find it in internet if you want.

3) Extra_Lion.pkg is a program you have to run to install. it installs an  \Extra folder with the needed  files inside it. http://www.mediafire.com/?09zjtvcpqqpi9cg    ( the link is working)
  If you install the 3 Kexts with Kext Wizard ( step 2, you can avoid step 3)

4) Read some other tutorials inside OSX Lion Installation Forum to get all the info you need to create an USB pen to install Lion.

Have fun

Cheers

ps. Dell Optiplex 760 with an added GeForce GT430 card is ok and you should get QE/CI working too

Edited by PippoX0

3 hours ago, PippoX0 said:

Hi ,

this an old OSx tutorial ( some time ago - 7 years ago).

I don't have an optiplex anymore.

However,

1)  Chameleon 2.0 RC5 -755.pkg is a program you have to run to install. you can use a more new version or  Enoch-rev.2725.pkg (search with Google).

2) The needed kexts are in my first post ( unzip them) ( FakeSMC.Kext, nullCPUPowermanagenent.kext, ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext)

Install them in \Extra folder and in \System\Libray\Extentions\ folder using Kext Wizard  (search with Google). Kext Helper is too old , but you can find it in internet if you want.

3) Extra_Lion.pkg is a program you have to run to install. it installs an  \Extra folder with the needed  files inside it. http://www.mediafire.com/?09zjtvcpqqpi9cg    ( the link is working)
  If you install the 3 Kexts with Kext Wizard ( step 2, you can avoid step 3)

4) Read some other tutorials inside OSX Lion Installation Forum to get all the info you need to create an USB pen to install Lion.

Have fun

Cheers

ps. Dell Optiplex 760 with an added GeForce GT430 card is ok and you should get QE/CI working too

Pippo,

Thanks for replying.  I gave trying to do it from my ancient PowerPC MAC running 10.5.6 - seemed that none of the tools would run there.

I b browsed the many - many - many forums, and seems that everyone has their own way of doing it.  Not a lot of screen shots, lots of abbreviations (which us Winpeepz do not understand....lol )

So I bought a copy of Snow Leopard from Apple - was delivered on Tues.  I have followed the many many messages on how to build a 10.6.0 (then upgrade to 10.6.8) guides, and finally using a non-machine specific guide from TonyMac - I got it to install, and boot from HDD - took about 20 tries (finally had to install a 160GB HDD to get it to work, it did not like 500GB or the 1TB HDD I originally had in it -- even partitioned as 100GB and 900GB partitions).  Something about the block sizes - well the 160GB did the trick.  Everything would install and it would boot with the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] CD in the drive but never from the HDD (would stop with an error Boot:0 message.

So now that I have the SL installation working, and fully updated and booting from the HDD, I am faced with other issues.  The screen saver (flurry) will come on at 15 mins - but does not move.  and at the 30 min mark the screen goes black, but at the 1 hour mark it never sleeps.   :-(

At first it was only seeing 4GB of the 8GB of RAM install - after installing one of the kexts - not sure which one fixed it, not the ABOUT THIS MAC shows Core 2 Quad 2.83 GHz and 8GB RAM.  Internal Ethernet has always worked from the get go,  and even a USB Kensington BT Adapter is recognized and works as well.  

I cannot get the APP STORE to work.  I launches but is only a white screen.  No login prompt or anything.  Also when I attempt to login to the Apple Site - I am told me COMPUTER IS NOT RECOGNIZED and will not login.  

I hate to waste this machine - and I have about 6 Windows machines at various installs.  I had thought this would make an AWESOME Hacintosh.  

I should be able to follow your guide if I can get the App store to work, as I want to buy a new LION or MOUNTAIN LION install.  Albeit, I should be able to run (according to buddies) all but the last 2 versions of MAC OS X (something about UEFI compatibility).  

I even dropped the BIOS on the machine from A16 to A07 and made no difference.

Any guidance you can provide on getting it all working....greatly appreciated.  

BTW - what is QE/CI  ??

*bh*

If you have just bought osx Lion, you don't need to buy a new one.

Use Snow Leopard to create osx lion usb install media.

Qe/ci means graphic acceleration = good working video card.

Try to re-create usb pen and install over snow leopard.

On bios enable ahci sata option.

sent from my iPhone

18 hours ago, PippoX0 said:

If you have just bought osx Lion, you don't need to buy a new one.

Use Snow Leopard to create osx lion usb install media.

Qe/ci means graphic acceleration = good working video card.

Try to re-create usb pen and install over snow leopard.

On bios enable ahci sata option.

sent from my iPhone

Pippo,

I am not sure that my LION download has not been corrupted.  I want to download it again (or maybe another version).  Still seeking from many sources/forums - the best (latest OS X) recommended for this hardware.  I have matched all the BIOS settings you mention (except the S3 setting - this does not exist on this machine, only LOW POWER MODE - but according to DELL Support; that is their name for it -- Enabling it is S1, Disable it and it is S3).  I have disabled the Virtual Machine support, and almost everything else in the BIOS.  

My Optiplex was given to me with a Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz CPU, 8GB RAM and a 1TB HDD and DVD drive.  I never could get it to work with the 1TB HDD - and thinking that I would probably never need that must space on the Hackintosh - I put in an older 160GB HDD from a machine which died last year.  It is a pretty fast HDD, 7200 rpm with 32MB of cache, but have considered putting in a spare 120GB SSD.  I added the NVIDIA video card (GeForce GT430) from my stash of old cards.  Nothing I have tried has allowed me to change the resolution.  Also the screen saver starts (Flurry), but is moves like one pixel and freezes and stays that way.  

I wish I knew more (understood) the DSDT thing, as I am sure that has to be part of my problem as to the VIDEO and AUDIO - as the USB Bluetooth adapter is immediately recognized when I install it and I have Bluetooth..was even able to connect to my bluetooth speakers and get sound.  :-)   I was soooooo proud of myself, but I use them with my soundbar on the TV to get surround sound - as that is what I bought them for - and they work great.  

I do appreciate all your input.  

I find it strange that the install identifies the Hackintosh as a MacPro 3,1 and thinks the CPU is a Quad Core Xeon  --  which it is not.  

I ideally, I think once I get the SNOW LEOPARD install at 100% working - I will simply be able to upgrade it.  

Many thanks again for all your input.

CNorris

Hi,
You can install also MLion or Maverics or Yosemite or El Capitan, if you like.
Your hardware can use these osx version.
You can use 1 Tb harddisk. There is no issue to use a larger disk.
I have a multibooting pc with OS from Lion to Mojave partitions .

MacPro3.1 profile was usually used to install on hackintosh, but you can use a more approprite profile based on your HW.
Smbios.plist is the file to change.
Read tutorial on how to change/create smbios.plist and how to compile DSDT.aml for your HW

sent from my iPhone

20 hours ago, PippoX0 said:

Hi,
You can install also MLion or Maverics or Yosemite or El Capitan, if you like.
Your hardware can use these osx version.
You can use 1 Tb harddisk. There is no issue to use a larger disk.
I have a multibooting pc with OS from Lion to Mojave partitions .

MacPro3.1 profile was usually used to install on hackintosh, but you can use a more approprite profile based on your HW.
Smbios.plist is the file to change.
Read tutorial on how to change/create smbios.plist and how to compile DSDT.aml for the HW

sent from my iPhone

Pippo,

I do appreciate your time and replies.  I truly do - Santa better be good to you this year.  :-)

Well I played with the OP760 all day yesterday.  Nothing I do will get the display to anything other than 1024x768.  Frustrating... :-)

I also cannot get the sound to work at all.  If you remember, did you ever get the INTERNAL SPEAKER to work with the OP760, or only through attached speakers?

I put 10.6.7 Combo Update on there after a reload of 10.6.3 (the DVD that I bought).  The APP Store will at least LAUNCH on that - but then freezes up and there are no pictures.  If I put 10.6.8 Combo update on there - the APP STORE opens to a white page with nothing at all on there.  Also I can LOGIN under 10.6.7, but not 10.6.8 (tells me my hardware is not recognized).  

I wonder if anyone has ever gotten the Built-In Video to work on these puppies.  Shame that searching for DSDT.aml files is so hard 

I am gonna try your steps and see if I can get Lion to install (or Mountain Lion).  I was able to find the downloads from the APPLE STORE I purchased years ago (being a SW pack-rat, just had to go through 4 external drives.  lol

I take it that the Mountain Lion process would be the same using your instructions as are the Lion (using the BASE IMAGE file, etc)...or do you think I would be better served using these installers from TONYMACX86?  [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] I think they call them?

Again...A MILLION THANKS.

CNorris

On 7/28/2011 at 10:44 AM, PippoX0 said:

* fakesmc.kext

* ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext -> this only if you experience Bios reset    KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE WITH THE 10.6.3 INSTALL - NEEDED TO SEE ALL 8GB RAM IN THE MACHINE

Copy Mach_Kernel from InstallESD.dmg to Lion.dmg     I TAKE IT YOU MEAN THE ONE IN THE ROOT FOLDER IN THE ORIGINAL "INSTALLESD.DMG" FILE?  

Copy OSinstall.mpkg patched for MBR inside /System/Installation/Packages     ALL THE OTHER FILES IN HERE HAVE .PKG, NOT .MPKG  IS THIS CORRECT??

Copy OSinstall. patched for MBR inside /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSinstall.framwork/Versions/A folder     I HOPE I HAVE THE RIGHT FILE, LOOKS TO BE A TERMINAL FILE?

h. Install Chameleon 2.0 RC5 -755.pkg on Lion.dmg -> here http://www.mediafire.com/?67ixrw6tjl55949     I STILL CANNOT FIND THIS FILE.  I HAVE FINDING OTHERS WITH DIFFERENT 'R' NUMBER - BUT NO R755  --  DOES IT HAVE TO BE THIS ONE?

Create a folder Postinstallation on Lion.dmg and copy the two pkg and the three kexts    CAN YOU SPECIFICALLY STATE WHICH FILES GO IN HERE?  

i. With Disk Utility repair permission on Lion.dmg     DOES NOT ENABLE THIS BUTTON IN DISK UTILITY - ONLY VERIFY AND REPAIR (ON RIGHT SIDE) 

Pippo,

OK.  I think I just about have it.  :moil:       I am confused a little here (see NOTES IN BLUE above)  -  Now I am here (ORANGE below) 

GUID + HFS+ journaled

I followed all the steps as best I could - and created the USB - but when I try and BOOT it, the system says NO BOOTABLE MEDIA FOUND when I choose it on boot up.  I disabled the CD and the HDD as BOOT options in the BIOS (just to make sure) - will not boot.  I am thinking that it has to be something here (see attached images)  Red Boxes -  Do I need to do anything with these?   One of them mentions CD MASTER BOOT RECORD.  

I am doing this from the 10.6.7 Installation on this OP760 - so that I can get your LION installation on it.  

I know I am almost there - I am learning lots from doing this....and you are an very big help.  :thumbsup_anim:

CNorris

20181201_173603.jpg

20181201_185407[1].jpg

Edited by bearhntr28
Adding 2nd image

Hi,

Don't worry. The first installation on hackintosh could be a mess.

BTW

1) your graphic card on snow leopard couldn't run well... No right kext, no graphic accelerati on and no resolution change -> you could fix later

2) audio you can try to install voodooHDA.kext -> however you could fix it later

The most important thing is understand how it works the process to get hackintosh working.

A) create an install media

default_cool.png make it bootable -> install chameleon bootloader

C) make Os to belive it starting from apple HW (fakesmc.kext)

Once installed , make your hdd to boot alone without USB pen

That said, i will try to help you

Don't use tony*** tool, are bad and not used here.

Cheers

sent from my iPhone

Hint: When you create lion.dmg choose single partition - apple map partition

You can use a newer version of Chameleon boot loader

Another hint: because you have installed snow leopard , it is better you create another partition for lion, so you can boot either one on the other until all run smooth.

Copy Mach_Kernel from InstallESD.dmg to Lion.dmg     I TAKE IT YOU MEAN THE ONE IN THE ROOT FOLDER IN THE ORIGINAL "INSTALLESD.DMG" FILE?   ->  YES

These patch are only needed if you install on MBR Hdd if  you use GUID GPT partition scheme, don't use it

Copy OSinstall.mpkg patched for MBR inside /System/Installation/Packages     ALL THE OTHER FILES IN HERE HAVE .PKG, NOT .MPKG  IS THIS CORRECT?? ->  YES

sent from my iPhone

Use this iMac9,1 profile -> put in \Extra folder

smbios.plist

Unzip and Run DPCIManager , and post Status and PCI list screenshots

DPCIManager.zip

Edited by PippoX0

I have perfectly Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 on my spare Dell Optiplex 790 / GeForce 210 / i5 2500 / 8 gig Ram ddr3

Clover Mode ESP 

Great OS I love it :D

1692500973_Sanstitre.thumb.png.8a673f0d9a8470843feed8560120ba9f.png

I send this image from Air Drop in lion to my other Dell Optiplex macOS Mojave:lol:

874134268_Sanstitre1.png.b2b88cf30e09d26300b6056c5afbdc75.png

• Like 1

PippoX0 and chris1111,

I truly appreciate all of the help I am getting.  I hope that messages are no TOO LONG, but feel best to tell everything.  :-)   (the IT Support person in me)

I started over from scratch last night.  Reloaded the OP760 with Snow Leopard from the 10.6.3 DVD I bought (again from Apple).  I kept it at 10.6.7 (as when I go to 10.6.8 (even using the SOFTWARE UPDATER in Apple) - nothing works.  The APP STORE stops working, as does SAFARI.   This I do not understand, they launch in 10.6.7 - granted there are missing pictures and APP STORE locks up after a bit - and I can login there as well.  Once I go to 10.6.8 - the whole machine is a mess.   

So right now it is at 10.6.7 with all the other updates installed.  

It shows as a MacPro3,1 with Quad Core Xeon and 8GB RAM.  Everything appears to work, except sound and video locked in at VESA 1024x768.  It boots fine from the HDD (160GB in two partitions OSX and STORAGE).  I keep all the tools I am using in STORAGE so that I do not have to keep transferring from EXT HDD.  

Last night I went back through Pippo's steps - build a new .dmg - and this time got a completely different error message.  Stated the image could not be use and had to be VERIFIED/CHECKED FOR RESTORE ?????   Never seen this one.   So I used DISK UTIL and ran VERIFY - told me there was no CRC data.  So I ran that, and then VERIFY worked.  I used the CHECK FOR RESTORE and it fails  INVALID ARGUMENT.  If I use the same tool to check the LION DOWNLOAD I have -it works up until the very end and states NOT ENOUGH MEMORY TO COMPLETE CHECK  (WHAT?!?!  There is 8GB RAM).  If I then check the BASESYSTEM.DMG file (it is about 469MB in size - it fails as well (INVALID ARGUMENT).

I get absolutely NO ERRORS when I am building the Lion.dmg (using names from Pippo's instructions).  The Chameleon installs to .DMG with no errors - I see it create the BOOT folder, and the EXTRA LION.pkg file builds the EXTRA FOLDER.  

g. Install Extra_Lion.pkg on Lion.dmg -> here http://www.mediafire.com/?09zjtvcpqqpi9cg          <<  WORKS - No errors

h. Install Chameleon 2.0 RC5 -755.pkg on Lion.dmg -> here http://www.mediafire.com/?67ixrw6tjl55949          <<  WORKS - No errors

Create a folder Postinstallation on Lion.dmg and copy the two pkg and the three kexts      <<  Please confirm which files I am placing here.  Does the INSTALLATION Use this folder specifically?  I know Linux (err  MAC OS - same thing  lol)   is funny about Case and Spaces...does not like them.

i. With Disk Utility repair permission on Lion.dmg          <<  GREYED OUT - cannot use the left-hand option REPAIR PERMISSIONS, only available VERIFY DISK and REPAIRE DISK (right-hand)

GUID + HFS+ journaled

b. With Disk Utility restore Lion.dmg to USB Pen               <<  I take is UNCHECK ERASE DESTINATION, since I just formatted it in step a.  ??     This is the step I got ERROR last night about UNABLE TO RESTORE FROM IMAGE.  

Install PC-EFI 10.6.pkg to USB Pen -> here http://www.mediafire.com/?vec09o8nifdgq7n

<<  NOT Gotten this far but once, but even when I did - the System WILL NOT BOOT from USB.   BTW - it is a 16GB USB 2.0 drive (should I use a smaller one)?  

Again, both of you --  thanks for your input.  

I am gonna be a MASTER AT THIS ( roflmao ) when all is said an done.   I have an old Thinkpad T61 - I have considered turning in to a Hackintosh as well....from all the reading on here and other forums...that is a joy (I am being sarcastic here) too.  

CNorris

8 hours ago, PippoX0 said:

Hi,

Don't worry. The first installation on hackintosh could be a mess.

BTW

1) your graphic card on snow leopard couldn't run well... No right kext, no graphic accelerati on and no resolution change -> you could fix later   <<  Willing to get another VIDEO CARD if there are better ones - Not possible to use the BUILT IN INTEL Video???

2) audio you can try to install voodooHDA.kext -> however you could fix it later     <<  There are so many of these - do you know which version I should choose?  

Don't use tony*** tool, are bad and not used here.   You got it...  I tried to use the UNIB____ for LION last night - kept telling me the LION INSTALLATION APP I downloaded was not valid.  LOL  - I had just gotten it 2 days ago.  If I could just get the 10.6.7 OP760 I have already to WORK PROPERLY -- I would download it again.  

Would your same steps work for a MOUNTAIN LION installation?  

Thanks Again...

CNorris

Edited by bearhntr28
Added additional question