ATI4650mobility brandnew kexts from OSX 10.7.2 beta

smartie77

10 posts in this topic

OSX LION combo update 10.7.2 beta has leaked ( see google for imzdl ) . A second seed this last days came up, mainly for the newer iCloud b6. These kexts can still be used ( in any Lion version from 10.7 thru 10.7.2)

post-156995-1311517011_thumb.png

It contains newer graphic kexts then in the GM/Appstore build. -- you can SAFELY use these in LION GM/AppStore 5A11 if you are only interested in the better graphics but want to keep the rest of Lion original until Apple has 10.7.1(2) ready for public.

GM/Appstore 5A11 contains ATI drivers v. 7.2.9

These kexts here are v. 7.4.9 from the leaked "ComboUpdate 10.7.2"

modded for Laptops that have 4650mobility with DeviceID 9480 and use the Shrike Framebuffer.

QE/CI can be achieved with ATY_init in /S/L/E

32 and 64bit mode.

SMBIOS + AppleGraphicsPowermanagement modded to make Laptop appear as a MacBookPro with ATI speedstep ( "powerplay" = silent fan ) working . SMBIOS.plist in /Extra, KEXT in S/L/E

running perfectly in my Toshiba Satellite L500. Either 32 or 64. All have QE/CI and 1366x768 :huh:

post-156995-1311516898_thumb.png

post-156995-1311516926_thumb.png

LVDS SHRIKE 1366x768 MODDED (!) ATI LION 10.7.2 KEXTS : ATI4650mobility.shrike.32_64_v7.4.9_osx10.7.4_lion.beta.zip

DEVICE ID 9480 + MODDED MACBOOKPRO ENTRY // uses iMac10,1 ati speed stepping (!) 10.7.2 GraphicsPowerManager for ATI 4650 only + compatible SMBIOS : MacBookPro_ATI4650mobility.OSX.Lion.10.7.2beta.ATIv10.7.4.zip

compatible ATY_init for Shrike ( dont boot with GraphicsEnabler if you use this Kext ! ) : ATY_Init.kext.zip

thanks for update

i will try them with my device 95531002

asking you for the best boot loader to work with yours? link please

and what about enabling the 2 cores of cpu? i can't boot without cpus=1

for the old kexts it gives me card posted 9553 but not loading atifb, any solutions?

thank you

thanks for update

i will try them with my device 95531002

asking you for the best boot loader to work with yours? link please

and what about enabling the 2 cores of cpu? i can't boot without cpus=1

for the old kexts it gives me card posted 9553 but not loading atifb, any solutions?

thank you

boot loader can be any with this ATY_init .. I use chimera from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] package, its fast and works good with my hardware. Maybe you need a DSDT.aml. I have a generic one, made with auto patcher.

you need to change your device ids. I have only 9480 in the kexts here.

If these or other of my gpu kexts are not helpful to you , then sorry. They are made for the 9480 ( M96) ATI4650mobility with 1366x768 and LVDS internal screen only.

i have now working with QE/CE but interrupted colors on internal LCD, i did EDID edit and it shows HP LCD i can change resolution by Xres, when try to capture the screen i only see the fuzzy color but i opened the file on windows i saw normal colors !!!!

i toke photo with phone to asks you where is my mistake , please help me :(

post-639302-1311605085_thumb.jpg

hi smartie77 i have problem that after putting my pc to sleep our my screen goes dim(turn of)when get back my display by mouse click or keyboard my display goes scrambled .can you post your dsdt than i compare it with my dsdt may something is wrong on my dsdt .

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
hi smartie77 i have problem that after putting my pc to sleep our my screen goes dim(turn of)when get back my display by mouse click or keyboard my display goes scrambled .can you post your dsdt than i compare it with my dsdt may something is wrong on my dsdt .

thanks

yes, but it is a pretty generic one made with autopatcher and just a few manual tweaks ( HPET, LPC ):

this I use in Lion with "chimera" latest ( from tonymacx86.com [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] packagae ) as bootloader.

I use NullCPU ( but AppleIntelCPU works also if I would set it to ).

Sleep never worked for me. No SleepEnabler, no pmSet .. regardless if AppleIntel or Nullcpu, so to avoid OSX going to sleep I have set in Energy everything to "never", only the screensaver to activate after 5 minutes.

dsdt.aml.zip

to patch LION Apple RTC ( fixes CMOS resets and *might* be good for other issues ) :

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

• 3 months later...
yes, but it is a pretty generic one made with autopatcher and just a few manual tweaks ( HPET, LPC ):

this I use in Lion with "chimera" latest ( from tonymacx86.com [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] packagae ) as bootloader.

I use NullCPU ( but AppleIntelCPU works also if I would set it to ).

Sleep never worked for me. No SleepEnabler, no pmSet .. regardless if AppleIntel or Nullcpu, so to avoid OSX going to sleep I have set in Energy everything to "never", only the screensaver to activate after 5 minutes.

dsdt.aml.zip

to patch LION Apple RTC ( fixes CMOS resets and *might* be good for other issues ) :

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

any help for me_? ATI READON HD 4650 LION , ich brauche deine hilfe...........