• IDT Audio with all in(out)puts
  • WiFi (Atheros only)
  • USB 2.0 / 3.0
  • Keyboard and touchpad (no 2-finger)

Things to test:

• WiFi in both g and n with all security possible

Please send feedback if tested.

Part II - Installation

To install Lion I use two USB sticks - 8Gb and 2Gb. After install I clean 8Gb and left 2Gb for boot.

For the first time, you need to have USB stick, with Lion GM on it. Also place kernel and dsdt.aml in root directory.

Follow one of the guides on forum to do this. I recommend this one

On second USB stick you need to have:

• Chameleon 2 RC5
  • boot.plist and smbios.plist from MacBook Pro 8,3
  • Kexts: FakeSMC, NullCPUPM, USB 3.0, PS2

This is all you need to install.

Part III - DSDT

A great man with name MaLd0n edited DSDT for us here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=262128

As soon as I test it I will post feedback and reupload it here.

Part IV - Getting things work

WiFi

There is two models of our notebook with different WiFi cards. One is Atheros and another is Intel. Check if yours is Atheros in Windows. Atheros works fine with Apple driver. Intel is not. I suggest you to replace it.

post-752786-1310712642_thumb.png

/ instructions to be here /

Audio

All of 15R have an IDT audio codec. It has no support from Apple. But, everything works fine with VoodooHDA and sound is pretty nice. This driver brings things like: auto output change, volume control, microphone working.

/ instructions to be here /

But, some people with HP notebooks report that they have IDT sound work without voodoo. Post information you have.

I reserved this page for lion guide and will complete it in next few days, please be patient!

• Like 1

Guest lemoon

WOW, cool tips, nice sharing. Have read many news and tips about the Lion from iFunia news blog, but I don't update to it yet, thank you for the good experience!

How did u get your HD 3000 working with QE/CI on your internal screen?! In Tonymacs forum guys get crazy because they get Inte Graphics HD 3000 working but it messes up the screen, all in rainbow colours, far to wide so u cant see whole desktop etc.

Dell 15R N5110 | Mac OS X Lion

Part I - Introduction

Config:

Intel Core i7 2630QM 2000Mhz

4096Mb DDR3 1333Mhz

640 Gb (5400 rpm), SATA

DVD-Super Multi Double Layer

15,6 ” LED 1366x768

NVIDIA GeForce GT525 1024Mb

Cannot find this laptop in the US with i7 Core CPU nor with Atheros WiFi card. i5 and Centrino only. Would you please advise where you had purchased? Online vendor?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

I am facing a very critical issue. everything was working fine until i have upgraded the bios of my dell to A08. Now whenever I boot OSX Lion, after showing the login screen it just shuts off the display due to 'X' mark on battery icon. To explain it further OSX is unable to detect the battery anymore.

Please help me to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Any help on above mentinoed issue would be really appreciated.

I have the same problem after install the A8 bios. I think this create a problem in dsdt file. So i delete this file and now its work again. Tell me if work to you.

I have the same problem after install the A8 bios. I think this create a problem in dsdt file. So i delete this file and now its work again. Tell me if work to you.

Thank you Sooooooooooooooo much. Your tip really worked and now i am finally able to boot in OSX lion again.

Any suggestion to make RTL-8167 to make workable? as it's not working on my system.

Try put this kexts in S/L/E

Repair permissions an reboot

Thanks for the Kexts. I'll try these shortly and post the result. One more thing, after deleting the DSDT.aml i have lost the Brightness control slider somehow. If you know how to recover that as well then help would be really appreciated.

Cheers.

Use this new dsdt file

Once again I am very grateful to you. Your provided DSDT.aml is working great and i have got my brightness control back. However, I am still unable to get RTL-8167 working. Last thing, is there any way to permanently check the USE SSE2 and Enhance Stereo options in VoodooHDA pref. so that crackling sound can be avoided.

Thanks in advance.

Once again I am very grateful to you. Your provided DSDT.aml is working great and i have got my brightness control back. However, I am still unable to get RTL-8167 working. Last thing, is there any way to permanently check the USE SSE2 and Enhance Stereo options in VoodooHDA pref. so that crackling sound can be avoided.

Thanks in advance.

Is there any way to improve the battery life on this laptop (Dell N5110) using lion? I am getting around 2 hours on max battery.

• Like 1