[guide] ASUS rampage II gene

xevil

4 posts in this topic

Hi there,i have this motherboard(bios 1401) and im wondering about installing gm osx 10.7 on it.

The rilevant specs:

socket 1366

Realtek® 8111C PCIe Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET2

SupremeFX X-Fi onboard 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC

My personal specs

1x sata 2 western digital caviar black

1x hd ati 4890

The question:

1)assuming i have to use mald0n guide, i don't understand the part 3

2)how about kext/driver? i have to install them after i finish with a kext helper?and how?

3)where i can find them??

i try to search somewhere usefull kext,and i find this things,tell me if are usefull

realtek 8111c

dsdt asus essentio

now i need to find out the graphics enabler for my personal video-card and audio kext...

If someone can help me in a good way and i will successfull, i will try to make a how-to for this very good motherboard.

P.s.: In bios i will have to make ahci option for sata?

edit1:

thx to Macwolf i have now this kext:

voodooHDA kext (he says audio frontal don't work)

for ati i have to search graphic enabler

• 2 weeks later...

READ HERE

update 10/09/2011

I find a easier solution, so just follow ermac guide

update 04/08/2011

ok, all work.

Just follow this steps:

1)in bios, choose ahci in sata option for the hardisk

2)mald0n guide

3)i used this package for the net-card

4)i used kext helper to install the audio (thx to copil)(direct link) (for the adi2000B chipset) and the exotic patch for my graphic card (just search it @ kext download)

5)for the graphic, i had a problem with acceleration..so:

Chameleon's GraphicsEnabler=Yes

This is the simplest method to enable your graphics card. It was introduced in Chameleon 2.0, and is probably the most widely used method right now. Edit your com.apple.Boot.plist which is located in /Extra to add the below text. Sometimes it doesn't identify all of the ports on the card, but if you're looking for full acceleration for 1 monitor only, this could be the way to go. It's automatically enabled in the tonymacx86-snowleopard.zip and tonymacx86-P55BootCD.

Screen%20shot%202009-12-13%20at%202.28.25%20PM.png

READ HERE

ok, all work.

Just follow this steps:

1)in bios, choose ahci in sata option for the hardisk

2)mald0n guide

3)i used this package for the net-card

4)i used kext helper to install the audio (adi2000B) and the exotic patch for my graphic card (just search it @ kext download)

all works expect front audio; only 1 kernel panic when i open the macos, i think was an error related to audio kext.

If someone have suggestion, pls post it!

Is this a legitimate Rampage II Gene or the one included in the CG5290 BP007 Desktop from Asus? The desktop version lacks features (SLi, X-Fi, etc) but is labeled the same.

I just got my CG5290 version working, so I thought I would ask.

Is this a legitimate Rampage II Gene or the one included in the CG5290 BP007 Desktop from Asus? The desktop version lacks features (SLi, X-Fi, etc) but is labeled the same.

I just got my CG5290 version working, so I thought I would ask.

it's a motherboard i buy as "alone" for my pc, isnt a fulldesktop you bought in a market/shop..