[Help]grey apple screen with cursor

Laxmann19

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys everytime I boot into my lion install without any bootflags I get a grey screen with the apple logo in the middle. The screen has the correct resolution because nothing is distorted and I can move the mouse around too but there is no option to log in or anything, the only way to bypass this and log in is using the -x flag. Anyone know what is wrong here? When I do log in the system seems to work fine except some devices I have to get kexts for such as audio and ethernet.

specs are

intel i3 2100

Asus P8H61-M (I use intel HD graphics 2000)

th_996df3b7.jpg

I had same problem, what I did was copy all the single files in the root of InstallESD.dmg to the compiled Lion Partition. Files like mach_kernel. Not any of the folders, just the single files, try that and let me know if that fixes it for you.

Now if you already went through the installation and are having a grey screen after the reboot. If you had 10.6.8 functioning, alot of the same drivers (kexts, dsdt, /Extra folder) still apply to Lion. You might have to boot into another mac partition or get on a friends mac or something to get your correct drivers and whatnot to get it running right.

by compiled lion partition you mean post installation lion system right(not bootable lion installer)? thank you for the reply!

everything seems to be functioning but not without the -x flag. my graphics seem good but when I open up folders I kinda see the screen refresh very slowly, like a line is moving down the screen

is your graphics Intel X3100 by chance? I will do some hunting for you if it is. also you want to do a verbose boot (-v) because you need to see what the panic or holdup is. Usually a panic will say backtrace and say a kext file within a line or two after it, which you would have to manually delete it.

If it hangs because of intelcpupowermanagement, then I would try Nullcpupowermanagement kext or voodoo p-state kext. just to see what works for you.

http://www.kexts.com/view/1429-chameleon-2.0-rc5-r1096.html

I installed that chameleon on my Lion Post install, and it seems to work very well.

Also I saw you have Core i3 which I think is sandy bridge chip. Look up to see if theres a patch for sandy bridge chips.

Good Luck

I actually believe my graphics are intel hd 2000 according to newegg specs, I will. I resolved the panic issue, it just hangs at the screen in my first post. I think this is the screen right before the login screen because when I boot with -x it shows this screen for a second or two and changes to the login screen. Yes I have a sandybridge chip. Thank you for the help so far, glad someone is helping a newb like me

I think the intel hd 2000 graphics are just unsupported.I get the correct resolution(1080p) but the graphics are off. hard to explain how but they are, I think the system is using the intel 3000 graphics which may work but it doesn't work correctly for my chip