Osx Lion iCloud

PippoX0

16 posts in this topic

I installed Osx Lion on my Hackintosh ... it works fine ...

I patched it to make working Mac App Store . (EthernetBuiltIn=Yes)

I installed iCloud for Mac Osx Lion beta3

Now i'm trying to use iCloud ... , but with no success

When i try to sign in with my Apple ID i get "Unable to sign in because of a server error."

I also tried to create a new Apple ID ... , same result ....

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks you

PippoX0

• 3 weeks later...

I've been having these errors with the app store and I figured I would have problems with the iCloud Beta as well. I was right. The only thing that I can think of is that my ethernet card was killed with the Lion upgrade. I think that all of Apple's services rely on the mac address from your ethernet card regardless of how you actually connect to the Internet. No mac address from your ethernet card, no Apple services... I think. Does your ethernet adaptor show up on your system info?

• 4 weeks later...

iCloud Beta9 on 11C43 says : "Can't use this machine to register with iCloud. Use iPhone/iPod touch". My Ethernet is in sys profiler, in DSDT, I can shop at AppStore .. hm, tho is sick if they make it only available to advices owners. maybe that's also the FaceTime problem ? ( I can't login to FT too ).

post-156995-1314737622_thumb.png

I got FaceTime to work by booting with Chameleon RC2.0 r755 and then logging in. That did not work for me with iCloud. I have been unable to log in to iCloud in any of its beta versions.

in one of the early 10.7.2 ( c35 or c37 ) I could login into iCloud on the Mac OS. In this build they locked us out and require a ipod or iPhone just like the screenshot says. Surely they think of iOS5 devices.

Maybe Apple wants to test this feature on iOS ( remember : OSX betas are distributed each time together when iOS beta comes out to match them both ) or they do this to limit the users that are no developers.. Of course Apple is aware of the fact that their betas are stolen and misused.. they are no idiots.

• 1 month later...

When i try to sign in with my Apple ID i get "Unable to sign in because of a server error."

Thanks you

PippoX0

I just fixed mine: you need correct serial in smbios (use champlist).

Add ethernet buit in in extra\org.chameleon.boot.plist

delete network adapters and library>preferences>system configuration> NetworkInterfaces.plist file

reboot

open network preference and add first you ethernet card.

and disable momentarily little snitch! before you login to icloud

Little snitch drove me crasy before I found out :)

Thanks you

PippoX0

Works fine here! :)

I had the same problems and here how I was fix that.

First I was fix App Store login error…

My Realtek 8169 is working Oob, and I also had Ethernet built-in string enabled, however that wasn’t been enough. I couldn’t login in to App Store.

I was fix that by making Ethernet string with EFIStudio tool, which I was eventually add in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

For iCloud you need first to install some Chameleon with face time fix.

In my case I’m using Chameleon v2.1 r1618. I presume that you need to have proper SMBios.plist file, which was in my case already done. Eventually you will need to verify your apple id account then to login. When I was done that iCloud was started to work immediately.

So these are the steps which you need to make

I had the same problems and here how I was fix that.

First I was fix App Store login error…

My Realtek 8169 is working Oob, and I also had Ethernet built-in string enabled, however that wasn’t been enough. I couldn’t login in to App Store.

I was fix that by making Ethernet string with EFIStudio tool, which I was eventually add in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

For iCloud you need first to install some Chameleon with face time fix.

In my case I’m using Chameleon v2.1 r1618. I presume that you need to have proper SMBios.plist file, which was in my case already done. Eventually you will need to verify your apple id account then to login. When I was done that iCloud was started to work immediately.

So these are the steps which you need to make

I've got AppStore to work. Installed 1618, still doesn't work.