Sapphire HD 4830 on Lion_GM

fantomas

13 posts in this topic

hi everyone :(

among those who were able to purchase Lion_GM ( don't ask me where ), and have a HD 4830 (or any other from the HD 48xx series), know that it's now possible to have QE / CI under Lion_GM !

all credits go to Netkas ! :P

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TLI7NMN2

proof :

post-193719-1309633666_thumb.png

Please, post here your each step: one-by-one!

Do you use any keys and string (related to video) in com.apple.boot.plist?

Do you use DSDT with videosection in it or not?

Tnx a lot for your answers! It can help me to make full video in Lion.

P.S. I have Sapphire 4830 dual dvi too

none of this ! :pirate2:

to start, be aware that the ATI drivers from Lion are no longer the same as in Snow ! Maybe a little as in 10.6.8 ! :censored2:

but Netkas did a good job ! :thumbsup_anim:

Now in my case, the ATI4800Controller.kext from Netkas's qe_ci_exotic patch 10.7.0 didn't work properly !

So i had to take the original ATI4800Controller.kext from Lion and copy/paste the Info.plist from ATI4800Controller.kext patched by Netkas in !

Then i used ATIRadeonX2000.kext from Netkas's patch et install them with kext helper and after reboot , ta-da , QE/CI activated ! :D

So what you have to do is download the kexts that I put in the link above and install them ! :construction:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi to all,

in my sistem profiler on the pci card i have no information about vga card and ethernet.

I think that my card has QE/CI because i can run dvd and with cinebench i have 24 fps ( with gtx 275 i have 21 fps ). Only with dashboard the waves effect are not always fluid.

Another thing is that in video card of sistem profiler the card is recognized as 4800 and not 4850.

Could you pls help ?

Tks

Giuseppe

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...