legacy_kernel 10.8.0 from nawcom

siwa

8 posts in this topic

Works well. Thank You.

I update with combo update 10.6.8 and after

that install legacy_kernel 10.8 by installer.

In next start machine only think a little bit more

before it was ready.

Chameleon is version 1091, and I have nvidia

9800. Video works well too.

Everything is 64 -bit.

Tuure

-.-

I just installed nawcoms latest 10.8.0 kernel on my AMD system and I get the same exact problem I was having with the 10.7.0 kernel. It works for a random amount of time and then the graphics scrambles and MAC OSX freezes so you have to reset and reboot. Also XBench and Geekbench scores are about 5% slower than with 10.6.0 which is odd because they are about 5% faster using 10.7.0. For now I have to yet again drop back down to 10.6.0 kernel with 10.6.8.

Would really be nice to know whats causing this as I know other AMD users have had this problem also. The common denominator seems to be Phenoms....

I just installed nawcoms latest 10.8.0 kernel on my AMD system and I get the same exact problem I was having with the 10.7.0 kernel. It works for a random amount of time and then the graphics scrambles and MAC OSX freezes so you have to reset and reboot. Also XBench and Geekbench scores are about 5% slower than with 10.6.0 which is odd because they are about 5% faster using 10.7.0. For now I have to yet again drop back down to 10.6.0 kernel with 10.6.8.

Would really be nice to know whats causing this as I know other AMD users have had this problem also. The common denominator seems to be Phenoms....

what VGA card do you have?? if you have nvidia try to replace IOPCIFamily.kext and IOACPIPlatform.kext 10.6.7 into / Extra / Extensions, don't forget use kext wizard or kext utility to repair permissions/rebuilt kext to fix your problem...

Its an Nvidia 8400GS. I already replaced those kext to get past the PCI hang. I also had this exact same problem using 10.6.7. with the 10.7.0 kernel so even with 10.6.7 I had to use the 10.6.0 kernel. This is a problem others have had also and so far no fix has been discovered. This problem existed before 10.6.8 and started with 10.6.7 and the 10.7.0 kernel. The 10.8.0 kernel causes the same exact problem. It does the same thing with an older Nvidia 7300. Most (if not all) people reporting this problem were using AMD Phenom cpu's.

• 2 months later...