need help with my DSDT (Lenovo G470)..

archintosh

24 posts in this topic

Guys, please help me..

I tried to edit DSDT for my Lenovo G470 (i5-2410M w/ intelHD 3000). I have successfully installed SL on my notebook, and updated to SL 10.6.7.

Works: camera (OOB), keyboard+Fn and touchpad (voodoo), sound (voodooHDA), Bluetooth (OOB), Atheros LAN (atheros kext).

Does not work: Realtek Card Reader, Sleep, Atheros AR9285 wireless and of course VGA (intel HD 3000) :D .

Kexts in my extra folder: Fakesmc and NullCPUPowermanagement. Here I attached the DSDT.

Thank you guys..you rock!! :P

DSDT.aml.zip

I am using dsdt from you now, but got KP if I boot w/o nullcpupowermanagement.kext :) ..put back that kext n' my SL boot normally. I have sandybridge's updates and kernel installed. Still can't sleep, I'm gonna update it to SL 10.6.8 DP n' will post the result. Thanx anyway.. :D

I am using dsdt from you now, but got KP if I boot w/o nullcpupowermanagement.kext :) ..put back that kext n' my SL boot normally. I have sandybridge's updates and kernel installed. Still can't sleep, I'm gonna update it to SL 10.6.8 DP n' will post the result. Thanx anyway.. :D

no support for power management by Chameleon RC5(Sandy Bridge)

Wait for This

Use Null

Sleep

NativePM + USB fix(if you need)

Yes!! I did it!!..I finally got QE/CI working n' able to change resolution, Intel HD 3000 is shown properly in system profiler.

Few problems remain, display can go into sleep but cannot wake up, system still cannot sleep yet, Fn key brightness control is not working yet and Airport cannot connect to wireless network.

What I did was: Installed AHCI, LPC n' SMBus kext from MBP early 2011, 8 IntelHD kexts also from SL 10.6.7 MBP early 2011, EFI injection. Here I attached the 'dump', maybe u can help me to fix display 'wake up' problem. Thanx..

edit: Airport problem has been fixed, it had something to do with router settings.

send_me.zip

Few problems remain, display can go into sleep but cannot wake up, system still cannot sleep yet, Fn key brightness control is not working yet

SLEEP/WAKE Without kext

you need a Power Managemente + USB fix(in many cases)

but

no Native power management in Sandy Bridge at moment

wait for this

FN

Use the search forum

Yes, I am still waiting for chameleon to support NativePM. I know that my laptop cannot go into sleep yet. At first time I got my VGA run properly I tried to put my laptop to sleep just for testing purpose. My display went black n' just can't wake up. I think it has something to do with display brightness setting. Is there any dsdt fix for this? Thanx..

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I am still waiting for chameleon to support NativePM. I know that my laptop cannot go into sleep yet. At first time I got my VGA run properly I tried to put my laptop to sleep just for testing purpose. My display went black n' just can't wake up. I think it has something to do with display brightness setting. Is there any dsdt fix for this? Thanx..

There is a special thread for Sandy Bridge native PM on ASUS m/b:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...00#entry1663125

The current workaround is a binary patch for AICPUPM.kext. It appeared, that the same "ASUS m/b issue" concerns lenovo m/b as well. Here is the guide, it worked for my lenovo L520 (i3-2310m / HM65):

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=21698

Don't use iMac update as proposed there, since you have laptop, grab the lastest MBP1.4 update (downloadable at apple.com)

Unfortunately, a bug in Chameleon / Chimera loader does not allow me to wake up after hibernate.

I also get black screen after "light sleep (w/o hibernate)" with LPNF device added. With LCD1234 the panel is backlighted, but no signal. Aside from this wake up is successful, I connected remotely to Desktop and checked the logs as well.

There is a special thread for Sandy Bridge native PM on ASUS m/b:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...00#entry1663125

The current workaround is a binary patch for AICPUPM.kext. It appeared, that the same "ASUS m/b issue" concerns lenovo m/b as well. Here is the guide, it worked for my lenovo L520 (i3-2310m / HM65):

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=21698

Don't use iMac update as proposed there, since you have laptop, grab the lastest MBP1.4 update (downloadable at apple.com)

Unfortunately, a bug in Chameleon / Chimera loader does not allow me to wake up after hibernate.

I also get black screen after "light sleep (w/o hibernate)" with LPNF device added. With LCD1234 the panel is backlighted, but no signal. Aside from this wake up is successful, I connected remotely to Desktop and checked the logs as well.

I just fresh installed my notebook using usb method with 'MBP early 2011 SL 10.6.6 restore disk' image, updated to MBP early 2011 SL 10.6.7, followed by latest MBP 1.4 update. Injected GFX EFI string via boot.plist, have set pmset hibernate mode to '0' as well.

I am using DSDT that was patched by Mald0n. I got a smooth and nice vanilla Install, QE/CI working, but still cannot wake from sleep yet. I will check the link you sent me, to see whether that method can be applied to G470 or not. Thanx a lot lenovo3000! -_-

Yayy!!..It is working!!..NullCpuPower is no longer needed in my extra folder. ;)

I just ran speedstepper from terminal, deleted NullCpuPower from extra, rebuilt caches n' my G470 booted just fine!! I will check my CPU speedstep later.

I left AppleLPC n' IOPlatformPluginFamily untouched because everything are already in those kexts. Thank you guys!! :D

not working yet:

USB2.0-CRW Realtek SDHC card reader

Thank you guys!! :)

not working yet:

USB2.0-CRW Realtek SDHC card reader

Congratulations!

Concerning your reader, I would say -- lucky you are! In fact any USB-CRW should be compartible, it might be just a matter of white (or black) listing inside Info.plist.

It seems that Realtek chip is inside most dongles, whatever brandname/logo is printed on the package. My reader is also Realtek, but PCI-E, thus useless under Mac OS.

Follow a link at the bottom of the page -- "USB SmartCard reader patch for Mac OS X":

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...p;GetDown=false

Yes, I have tried that one. I looked inside that package using pacifist, couldn't find my productId in the info.plist. Thanx anyway man.. ;)

Since your product is built-in (am I correct, or did you buy an external one?), while those listed are retail, it's OK not to find your id in the info.plist. But you may try to determine how/where does the patch add product-ids, and inject your own id in the same may.

Good luck.

Since your product is built-in (am I correct, or did you buy an external one?),

Yes it's built-in.

while those listed are retail, it's OK not to find your id in the info.plist. But you may try to determine how/where does the patch add product-ids, and inject your own id in the same may.

Good luck.

Yes, I have tried that also. By using Pacifist I was able to spot the install location, ran the pkg, browsed to install location then injected my ProdId. Nope..it did not work. :(

I've tried AnyCardReader.kext, patched AppleUSBCardReader, legacy kext, VooDooSDHC. It seems my card reader is not supported yet.

It seems my card reader is not supported yet.

Hm, sorry for that. Was almost sure it's supported. Hope it's one of the newest chips and drivers are coming soon.

May I ask you about sleep/wake up -- did you have the following issue: after "light sleep" (pmset -a hibernatemode=0) -- internal LCD does not wake up. Same problem occurs when LCD is switched off by powersaving timer. I can fully control brightness, but see nothing -- the LCD remains blank until restart. And the rest of hardware wakes successfully -- tested with Remote Desktop connection.

"Deep sleep" (pmset -a hibernatemode=1) is OK, it was enough to comment out a single line in resume.c and rebuild Chimera (only boot file to be replaced) to avoid "Not enough space to restore image. Press any key to proceed with normal boot". Nevertheless I it would be nice to fix quick speel and not to waste 8GiB of root partition for /var/vm/sleepimage.

Hm, sorry for that. Was almost sure it's supported. Hope it's one of the newest chips and drivers are coming soon.

I'm afraid it's all because of using MBP early 2011 restore disk as my installation image. It seems it's so different than SL 10.6.3 retail disk that I used before.

May I ask you about sleep/wake up -- did you have the following issue: after "light sleep" (pmset -a hibernatemode=0) -- internal LCD does not wake up. Same problem occurs when LCD is switched off by powersaving timer. I can fully control brightness, but see nothing -- the LCD remains blank until restart. And the rest of hardware wakes successfully -- tested with Remote Desktop connection.

After I applied that speedstepper patch, I don't have any sleep/wake problems. Everything runs normal. I used to have random KPs and scrambled screen, but it's all gone after I boot in 32-bit mode. Does it have anything to do with my 'installation image' or maybe I am just lucky??.. :)

"Deep sleep" (pmset -a hibernatemode=1) is OK, it was enough to comment out a single line in resume.c and rebuild Chimera (only boot file to be replaced) to avoid "Not enough space to restore image. Press any key to proceed with normal boot". Nevertheless I it would be nice to fix quick speel and not to waste 8GiB of root partition for /var/vm/sleepimage.

I don't know why and how but now I can set my laptop to do hibernatemode=3..weird isn't it? :wacko:

I'm afraid it's all because of using MBP early 2011 restore disk as my installation image. It seems it's so different than SL 10.6.3 retail disk that I used before.

It may be the reason.

There is a SDXC section in MBP8,1 DSDT, it may be worth to inject into the appropriate RPxx section, may enable card reader support.

BTW, are you sure that you CRW was enabled while dumping DSDT snapshot? It seems that lenovo BIOS amends DSDT when you enable/disable USB-connected internal devices like BT, camera, CRW, etc. Probably it was switched off in BIOS and thus is not included into your modified DSDT.

I am going to make 2 dumps and compare the device trees with "cat dsdt1.dsl | grep Device", suppose to see enabled USB-devices at the bottom of the list.

UPDATE: OK, I was wrong. DSDT dump should not be the reason of you USB-CRW issue. Did not bother to check all ACPI tables, but DSDT definitely remains the same, whatever devices are enabled or disabled (BT, USB, CRW tested). Since this security feature was advertised as HM65 specific by Intel, it's safe to assume that I/O access is handled by BIOS directly.

After I applied that speedstepper patch, I don't have any sleep/wake problems. Everything runs normal. I used to have random KPs and scrambled screen, but it's all gone after I boot in 32-bit mode. Does it have anything to do with my 'installation image' or maybe I am just lucky??.. :)

The same equipement as in MBP might be stable with MBP specific installation. The rest of hw simply does not work at all. In fact, even a partial MBP update may lead to unsupported DVD-RW, etc.

Concerning my video/sleep issues I suppose it is ThindPad specific, it has 5 ports: CRT, LCD, DP01, DP02, DP3 and the first one is CRT, not LCD, while the latest pair is available through dock station.

Thus my video section looks really different from yours and I can't get internal LCD working with 10.6.x drivers, only Lion DP3 switches to internal LCD at boot, but it does not at wake up.

I don't know why and how but now I can set my laptop to do hibernatemode=3..weird isn't it? :D

AFAIK mode 3 is the default one -- Mac OS to decide whice mode to use 0 or 1 -- I guess deep sleep on battery and light sleep when AC adapter connected. But this policy might be supported with DSDT as well -- probably it is better to select 0 or 1 manually.

• 3 years later...

Guys... my external mic (right pink) doesn´t works!

VOODOO HDA list it, but the "sound" don´t gives me option to use this input!

What should I DO?

I´m using Yosemite, I try install voodoo 2.8.7, 2.8.4 and 2.8.6_MV...

Everything is working nice, but Right Mic Pink doesn't, and the internal mic is very bad quality... (for me)

Please can some one give some tips?

Thanks