iAtkos 10.6.3 (s3 v2) to 10.6.7 upgrade

atno

21 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've recently installed iAtkos 10.6.3 (s3 v2) and i was wondering what are the upgrade steps to 10.6.7. Do i need to install every upgrade in till i reach the latest or i can just install the latest one?

Is it safe to do it from Apple's updater or i must find the upgrades from the web?

Cheers

Yes on Advent 4211B (Clone fo MSI WInd U100). In a few days I upload a tutorial in Spanish. Be sure uptade with Combo Update and replace the kernel, before restart with 10.6.6 legacy kernel. Finally with a few Kext repair the Video Resolution, SleepEnabler, and Ethernet ...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, get the Combo version of the update you need, I can give you Step-by-Step for 10.6.8 Combo Update:

1. Download the update from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399

2. Install the update, but DO NOT REBOOT.

3. DO NOT REBOOT and put these http://www.multiupload.com/RYXBI0O2BZ in your System/Library/Extensions folder, use Disk Utility to Repair Permissions, then, finally, Reboot. If you get errors, post here.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I wanted to know if this method is good for the upgrade from 10.6.3 to 10.6.7 on acer aspire one d150

(iATKOS S3 v2 - everything works except the sleep).

Thanks for your attention.

p.s.

If someone is interested I can post the installation settings.

I have already created a restore disk with Carbon Copy Cloner (free and easy disk cloning utility very popular in MacOS).

I will make surely this test and will post the result on the forum

Thank you for your attention and I apologize for my english made in google traslator (I understand almost everything when I read but it is difficult to understand me when I write.

• 1 month later...
Yes, get the Combo version of the update you need, I can give you Step-by-Step for 10.6.8 Combo Update

M9 hey so that worked almost flawlessly with exception of I have seem to have kinda lost my usb's/mouse/keyboards don't work... I've tried boot flags of all sort but it loads even without any flags(just no mouse and keyboard and also my iphone charges only if it was connected when system first loads up)... Previously with iAtkos s3 10.6.3 (right before upgrade to 10.6.8) I just started computer and loaded perfectly without flags, and had use of all peripherals including usb's

any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, get the Combo version of the update you need, I can give you Step-by-Step for 10.6.8 Combo Update:

3. DO NOT REBOOT and put these http://www.multiupload.com/RYXBI0O2BZ in your System/Library/Extensions folder, use Disk Utility to Repair Permissions, then, finally, Reboot. If you get errors, post here.

Anyone Know of another mirror for the above files?

• 4 weeks later...

one0nline - any success fixing this one? I just finished my first stable hackintosh build using iATKOS on an intel D945GCLF2. Have tried installing the combo update and it freezes up for me also - no USB so I can't then copy kexts into extensions. Snow Leopard won't then boot afterward and can't work out how to do the necessary from the install disc. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

What I would do before I even began the whole process is download all needed files (comboupdate and kexts). I would then create a folder on my desktop or somewhere that has all the necessary files needed for the upgrade. Then start the procedure.

If after installing the update and the machine freezes then restart and boot off of the install cd you used before the update.

I would then open terminal and cd to the directory that you saved all of your kexts to

cd /Volumes/osxinstall/Users/username/Desktop/foldername

Your next goal is going to be copying the kexts from that folder to their appropriate position

cp -Rvf /Volumes/osxinstall/Users/username/Desktop/foldername/kext.kext /Volumes/osxinstall/System/Library/Extensions/

After copying all of the kexts, you'll then need to repair disk permissions. You can do so by running

diskutil repairPermissions /Volumes/osxinstall/

After it is done repairing permissions run

shutdown -r now

cross fingers, and wait.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...