ATI MOBILITY 5650 WORKING FULL RES QE/CI ***FB EULEMUR***

atlee

52 posts in this topic

Very interesting. I'll try with my 4570m. What bootloader have you used? Kabyl's boot?

I think it's only 5000 series, will muck around with DSDT to get internal display working.

I'm using rev699 RC5, I don't think it's bootloader related as i'm not using EvoEnabler or ATY_Init

Not working with HP CANADA dv6-3023CA Costco model. Chameleon Loader works fine, but when entering OS, black screen 100% fan

I never said laptop screen works, external monitor atm till I find a fix.

I think it's only 5000 series, will muck around with DSDT to get internal display working.

I'm using rev699 RC5, I don't think it's bootloader related as i'm not using EvoEnabler or ATY_Init

So so :/. I've used rev747 and 10.7 files and I've a corrupted screen (less than before) in my laptop screen. I've checked to connect an external monitor to VGA and HDMI port but didn't reconized it. Maybe forcing to use another Framebuffer :wacko:

Anyway thanks for your post.

Try getting RC5 rev699 but i doubt it's bootloader creating messed up screen, did you double check your dev ID inside the kexts? to see if they match?

I even tested with Anval's latest RC5 build and same results. still picks Megaloden as FB.

i'm doing a fresh install at the moment but i was using MacOSX Snow Leopard 10.6.6 using a patched kernel, different bootloaders made no difference but i'm going to try again using the ati 5000 bootloader found in the ati graphics section rev700, i will do some more testing, with a framebuffer i get black screen, without framebuffer but using 10.7 kexts i get external monitor but not laptop.

No DSDT, I've read a few getting it working using nomacus FB but i will do more testing, I will try with 10.6.6 kexts but i'm pretty sure not much success rate. :) then i'll move onto binpatching a AppleHDA for this system.

I like Anval's newest bootloader, then netkas released a 32/64bit ATY_Init so i'll use that to change the FB.

I will report back soon. :)

Any news atlee? I cant even get my external monitor to' work though I've got a dv6-3103sl which is very similar to yours.

Please help me get at least external monitor. This is what I've done:

1. From my other hack I installed 10.6.3 on my external hd

2. Then applied 10.6.6

3. Overwrite the 4 kexts with the ones provided here.

4. Installed cham, patched kernel and kexts

then i attached my to' laptop and tried to' boot, but i got only my laptop display to' work (without qe/ci)

what's wrong?

Hi installed the 10.7 5000 driver on n61jq mobility 5730 the driver is full doesn't have any problem

because i have graphic support for external displays see the in the connector area

there is 3 connector one vga one display port one HDMI these connectors work

but my laptop screen doesn't work because it connected to graphic card by LVDS connector and

apple doesn't support this connector we should edit or dsdt or this driver to make mac os x recognize

this connector to have laptop screen. apple use display port to connect laptop screen to graphic

card so if your screen connected from this way you have laptop screen some acer model are same

as the apple laptops here

Any news atlee? I cant even get my external monitor to' work though I've got a dv6-3103sl which is very similar to yours.

Please help me get at least external monitor. This is what I've done:

1. From my other hack I installed 10.6.3 on my external hd

2. Then applied 10.6.6

3. Overwrite the 4 kexts with the ones provided here.

4. Installed cham, patched kernel and kexts

then i attached my to' laptop and tried to' boot, but i got only my laptop display to' work (without qe/ci)

what's wrong?

Nevermind, I got it working...Strange thing...As in your pictures I can't get the menu bar to be translucent...Why is that? Do we really have graphic acceleration?

just got up and booting again, DSDT was a biatch for this system, without it my USB wouldn't work properly. Now to work on the 10.7 kexts, really want the LCD to glow :(

Nevermind, I got it working...Strange thing...As in your pictures I can't get the menu bar to be translucent...Why is that? Do we really have graphic acceleration?

Can you run Front Row or DVD player?

Front Row uses QE/CI so you don't have it. It happened the same to me with my mobility 4570. Framebuffer loads and HDMI port works (with 10.7 kext and modding 10.6 kext), all ATI's kext seems to be loaded but QE/CI isn't working. We have to do something more :(