Acer TravelMate 8572G (or Acer MacBook Pro :) )

BloodyVlad

2 posts in this topic

After being frustrated with Lenovo V560 and it's Optimus enabled graphics, I've bought Acer TravelMate 8572G. The best of notebooks for buildeng MacBook OSX86.

Harware and needed kexts:

Label on the box and laptop itself says I've bought Core i5 M450 2,4Ghz, but I was surprized to see i5 M460 2,53Ghz :-)

busratio=19 key is needed to start 10.6.3 installation, and is supported fully after 10.6.4 or 10.6.5 upgrade.

Connexant HD sound works great with latest VoodooHDA 2.7.2 - all inputs/outputs work flawless.

GeForce GT330m 1Gb can be enabled via DSDT patch or GraphicsEnabler=1 key in boot.plist . Then you can install latest NVidia drivers from their official site, and then Cuda driver.

Broadcom BCM57780 LAN is not supported by any kext AFAIK. Help me if I'm wrong.

WiFi was replaced with Atheros 9285, no bios editing was needed, chip is supported with 10.6.4 kext.

Synaptics trackpad is working flawless with AnV modded VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Updated to 10.6.6, by using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.0 and removing AppleHDA.kext before pressing "Restart".

Geekbench 64bit geves 5500+ points - GREAT!

Now I need guru help in DSDT editing, to enable WebCam, Sleep, SpeedStep, Sleep on LID close.

I want to share all needed kexts and apps - h**p://ge.tt/2Be3ko3

Also I attach my DSDT files waiting for help :D

dsdt.zip