usb not working after 10.6.5 update Beta

carlevarino

17 posts in this topic

I have DP34TF intel motherboard and i just update my system to 10.6.5 beta and now i can't get work my usb ports for my ipod and pen drives

how! can i get it work?

i look for a solution and I found that maybe the chameleon usb Fix works but how can I used that i can't find the installer or the option please help me

• 4 weeks later...

To edit com.apple.Boot.plist:

Open Terminal from the Applications/Utilities Folder, then run this:

sudo pico /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

Make the necessary changes then press ctrl X to save and exit.

If this is referring to the com.apple.Boot.plist file in your Extra folder, use this in Terminal instead (or as well as):

sudo pico /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

I have DP34TF intel motherboard and i just update my system to 10.6.5 beta and now i can't get work my usb ports for my ipod and pen drives

how! can i get it work?

i look for a solution and I found that maybe the chameleon usb Fix works but how can I used that i can't find the installer or the option please help me

Delete AppleHPET.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/

This is how i found to fix the no USB issue when updating to OSX 10.6.5.

1. download the OSX 10.6.4 combo update.

2. download Pacifist

3. download kext helper b7

4. Open The OSX 10.6.4 combo update with Pacifist

5. drag over the following files to the desktop, AppleUSBAudio.kext, AppleUSBMultitouch.kext, AppleUSBTopCase.kext, IOUSBFamily.kext, IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext, AppleUSBDisplays.kext.

I know you probably dont need all of these, but i downgraded all of these kexts and all seems to work fine.

6. open up Kext Helper b7 and drag all kext into the app, put in your password, all should be good.

7. reboot.

hope this works for everyone!! did for me.

happy dayz!!

how! can i get it work?

This is how i found to fix the no USB issue when updating to OSX 10.6.5.

1. download the OSX 10.6.4 combo update.

2. download Pacifist

3. download kext helper b7

4. Open The OSX 10.6.4 combo update with Pacifist

5. drag over the following files to the desktop, AppleUSBAudio.kext, AppleUSBMultitouch.kext, AppleUSBTopCase.kext, IOUSBFamily.kext, IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext, AppleUSBDisplays.kext.

I know you probably dont need all of these, but i downgraded all of these kexts and all seems to work fine.

6. open up Kext Helper b7 and drag all kext into the app, put in your password, all should be good.

7. reboot.

hope this works for everyone!! did for me.

happy dayz!!

I had a similar issue folllowing the 10.6.5 upgrade plus, I couldn't boot with the new kernel the update installed. I kept getting kernel panics.

But as I always keep the old kernel available under the name 'mach_kernel.<O/S version>' I was able to boot to the old kernel, only to find the same problem you have now, no working USB devices, thus no keyboard or mouse.

Enabling USBBusFix in my /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist didn't have any impact on my problem but as I have access to other OS X machines, I just pulled the HD, mounted it in a USB case, plugged it into one of the other machines and replaced the 10.6.5 IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kexts in /S/L/E with those from 10.6.4. (I first tried putting them in /Extra/Extensions but on booting, I still didn't have any USB devices so I moves them to /S/L/E.)

So, I'm running 10.6.5 now but with the kernel and two IOUSB kexts from 10.6.4.

My mobo is an ASUS P5QL Pro with a dual-core Pentium CPU

Hello upstairs!

It seems that chameleon cannot work properly with 10.6.5, try to play the Chess game, after about 3 steps,the game will hang up, and the safari will also hang after surf some pages.

And VoodooHDA cannot be bring up from /E/E.

If I boot 10.6.5 from BootThink, all is ok, except the display resolution.

I am anticipating a new version of chameleon which can work with 10.6.5

You should try the new 10.5 kernel. This one works with the original USB kexts.

However the problem with Safari is deeper and I am figuring this out right now.

Check these topics:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=237586

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=237390

VodooHDA never worked for me in Extra. But it doesn’t replace anything, so installing is still kind of vanilla. :angel:

• 2 weeks later...
use that one upstairs, or just use this:

install with kext utility

HI,

i have problem with usb and lan card.

At every reboot i fix disk permission on extension folder because osx86 give me "cable lan unplugged" usb not work .( usb key iphone not mounted )

I use kext helper or osxtool or diskutility that find the "permission problem" on extension folder, after i use repair permission button to solve the problem but without solution. Lan work sometime;

please help me.

ps: i have installed IOUSBFamily.kext, IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext;

Thanks

Marco

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...