MAYBE WORKS - Marvel Yukon 88E8071 driver - Please, test it!

miqlas

10 posts in this topic

Hello! I have this LAN chip in my lappie, but when i injected the pciID in the Info.plist, it crashing always when i open the Network Preferences. Now i have found an working solution (maybe, i don't have wired LAN here and i can't test, but it not crashing... maybe... TRY, and pray!).

!!!! It require 32 bit mode (arch=i386)!!!!

You can get the driver here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/844783/AppleYukon.kext.zip

You need put this .kext to the /S/L/E/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins

Repair premission, pray, and reboot.Please, report back!

post-359059-1285963222_thumb.jpgpost-359059-1285963233_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

this didnt do anything for me. i even tried using kext helper, it is loading apparently but when i run kextutil on AppleYukon specificially it gives me no results?

running kextload gives 'kext loaded sucessfully (or already loaded)' did you install this on a clean system or am i missing dependencies? I cant even get it to show up in profiler or networking like you did!

this didnt do anything for me. i even tried using kext helper, it is loading apparently but when i run kextutil on AppleYukon specificially it gives me no results?

running kextload gives 'kext loaded sucessfully (or already loaded)' did you install this on a clean system or am i missing dependencies? I cant even get it to show up in profiler or networking like you did!

I think you tryed it in 32bit mode, right? If no, try to boot in 32 bit mode.

I have a clean 10.6.4 install, i only do what have i writed in first post. I hope it helps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I forgot to mention You need edit the plist in this kext like this:

IOPCIPrimaryMatch

0x436[color="#ff0000"]B[/color]11AB

and

Model

string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E807[color="#ff0000"]1[/color]

I hope it will work for You now (but only in 32 bit mode). (I don't have any wired network here, this is why I can't test it. Please, report back!

• 2 months later...
Hi

Is it working ?

Thanks in advance

It's pretty sad, seems not work for me.

After use this driver, NIC can be recognized in Network utility, connection status seems OK, the status can change if I plugin or unplug the cable, MAC address also correct too.

But cannot get IP address via DHCP, I set the IP address manually, everything seems right, but I cannot connect to other machine in the network.

Try to ping any IP of network, it always request time out, and other cannot ping it too.

Also try to set the parameters manually like the connection speed or MTU etc., but no luck.

I set arch=i386 to boot my hacintosh, and I confirm that no errors when i issue the command kextload AppleYukon.kext.

My router is Buffalo wzr-hp-g300nh, I also tried to use a 100MB switch instead of router, still no luck.

• 5 months later...