iatkos works on Asus 1001PX

dbeast

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I installed iaktos S3 on an Asus 1001Px and works. I have Windows7+Debian+SnowL with gpt.

But there are 2 problems....

1. Wifi do not work (Atheros AR2427), I found a kext for wired network (AR8132) on this website and works.

2. Video graphics card are working but resolution is limited to 800x600 (1024*600 real size). (Intel gm3150)

bye

Hello,

I installed iaktos S3 on an Asus 1001Px and works. I have Windows7+Debian+SnowL with gpt.

But there are 2 problems....

1. Wifi do not work (Atheros AR2427), I found a kext for wired network (AR8132) on this website and works.

2. Video graphics card are working but resolution is limited to 800x600 (1024*600 real size). (Intel gm3150)

bye

Search in Merklort's blog... http://www.meklort.com/

• 9 months later...

Hello all,

I have the Asus EeePC 1001PX also, and have had no luck with any distribution of OSX installs. I have read several posts where users have has success with the install, but no detailed information on how to install or what customized options to select. I tried iAtkos s3 v2 yesterday (Several times) and I had not luck. I also have tried several other distributions of OSX and no luck.

The copies of OSX86 that I tried were-- iDeneb v1.4 and 1.5, and iAtkos s3 v2. Here's what happened with those installs.

I have gone through the proccess of installing it (the bar reaches %100 and says install complete). At this point, I click restart and eject the CD (if not, it boots back into the OSX install), and a gray screen appears with the apple logo. I am not able to boot into OSX; I am stuck at this screen. Also, I tried a few more options.

1. Booting with "-v" to see where the problem is, but the screen blacks out and you cannot read it.

2. Booting with "-f" to ignore it, but the screen blacks out.

3. Booting with "cpus=1", but the screen blacks out.

4. Booting with "-v -f", but the screen blacks out.

I am not sure why this did not work properly.

A few hours ago I tried Hazard 10.6.6i and same thing. After the install of Hazard 10.6.6i was complete I clicked on restart. Once the computer restarted I hit F8 to bring up the boot options. I selected my HDD and it seemed liked it started to work, but it was frozen at the gray apple screen with no loading circle. I restarted the computer again, hit f8 and selected -v to see what the error, but it goes by to fast and the screen goes black.

After running -v a few more times, I was able to catch this error:

- ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml

- No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value

- No SIMBIOS replacement found (then a few lines later it says: Found SIMBIOS System Information Table 1

- ACPI Table not found: DSDT.aml

- ACPI Table not found: SSDT.aml

I also have a picture of -v booting before it will try to go into the OS.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i473/c...1001PXErrpr.jpg

If someone has any suggestions please let me know!

Thanks in advance for your help,

Curlyfry