[Working] ATi Radeon 5670

DaviDemon

26 posts in this topic

@Cartuxo

I've just installed the kext, nothing more. It might be a monitor problem. Try connecting only one (if you have more than one, as dual monitors do not work atm) using the VGA port.

canot use vga, my monitor is only dvi vga is broken. continue using nvidia 8400g:(

a big help is welcome. i try to use kext and now i ha a blank sreen. no image. cheers!

Do you have a dongle? Maybe that would work. If not, I'll have to try dual monitors with different FBs for you.

Ok erm. I tested a DVI to VGA dongle and it does not work. Means the framebuffer has to be changed I think. If you get blank screen, try safe mode and change the framebuffer.

OpenGLExtensionsViewer.png

There's the proof.

The kexts used, in this topic: rhd 5500/5600/5830

Follow along on the thread to see my noobiness in Snow Leopard, but I got it working.

THANKS NETKAS!

OpenGL 3.0 in green with an Apple card ???????

Could you share some informations ?

now try it in benchmarkmode

and you will see strange things happen.....

Hello i have a ati 5670 and i am having trouble installing the driver.

When i install the drivers i restart with a kernal panic and then must reinstall snow leopard all over again not knowing what to do. I found different drivers and when i restart i get a blank screen with no video input( do i have to use hdmi on full resolution).

Please help me install the drivers for ati 5670!!!!!!

Same here, just bought a new XFX HD 5670, I get to apple logo screen, it spins about 15sec and it just freezes there, I see the frozen screen but its probably on the desktop because if I press a lot of keys on the keyboard I can hear OS sound effects. Have tried some stuff but nothing seems to work, Im using the Dvi output by the way (With an adapter to connect my VGA monitor).

Please accept my congrats to all those who have joyfully cheered their success.

Especially to Netkas and lastExile and all others have helped in the community.

Can you please let us know what manufacturer, model, chipset, especially 'part numbers, revision of the video card', and even the color of the packaging of your successful adapters?

I know there are permutations to the motherboards, rams, bios etc.

But for starter, the crucial piece in this endeavor -- video card.

Thanks in advance.

Please accept my congrats to all those who have joyfully cheered their success.

Especially to Netkas and lastExile and all others have helped in the community.

Can you please let us know what manufacturer, model, chipset, especially 'part numbers, revision of the video card', and even the color of the packaging of your successful adapters?

I know there are permutations to the motherboards, rams, bios etc.

But for starter, the crucial piece in this endeavor -- video card.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I sort of succeeded in installing Netkas's drivers (Thanks Netkas - You rule!).

I still have a problem of flickering screen/black screen every reboot, but disconnecting/connecting the DVI cable sorts it out - If anyone has an idea how to fix this, I'd be more than happy to hear.

Finally, after 3 months of working with VESA drivers, I can start using my card's abilities... ;)

For the record -

Video card: SAPPHIRE RADEON HD5670 HDMI 1GB DDR5 PCI-E (PCI ID: 68D8-1002)

M/B: Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3

Running 10.6.4 with legaci_kernel

Well, I sort of succeeded in installing Netkas's drivers (Thanks Netkas - You rule!).

I still have a problem of flickering screen/black screen every reboot, but disconnecting/connecting the DVI cable sorts it out - If anyone has an idea how to fix this, I'd be more than happy to hear.

Finally, after 3 months of working with VESA drivers, I can start using my card's abilities... :(

For the record -

Video card: SAPPHIRE RADEON HD5670 HDMI 1GB DDR5 PCI-E (PCI ID: 68D8-1002)

M/B: Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3

Running 10.6.4 with legaci_kernel

Thank you JinJi and congratulations.

Information like this is getting to everyone hope and time to troubleshooting other issues..

Does this video card has any display port and the part number on the box? And which reivision of the mother board do you have or bios ? Which brand and model of the monitor?

Thanks great job.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
OpenGLExtensionsViewer.png

OpenGLExtensionsViewer2.png

SystemProfiler.png

Capture.png

There's the proof.

The kexts used, in this topic: rhd 5500/5600/5830

Follow along on the thread to see my noobiness in Snow Leopard, but I got it working.

THANKS NETKAS!

Hey, i got it working without the kext. I just upgraded to 10.6.7 and it worked fine. Only thing is i cant seem to get dual monitors working. It recognizes both of them and i have max resolution on both. But i can only view them mirrored. Any ideas?