Bluetooth Problem in 10.6.3

12 posts in this topic

Hi, Guys,

After update to 10.6.3, the bluetooth in my EEE901 is not working properly. There are tons of unconnected devices in the bluetooth preferences. The bluetooth tab in the system preference load extremely slow.

Does anyone have the same problem? My bluetooth device is BT 253 from Broadcom.

I uploaded a screenshot.

post-464625-1275771293_thumb.png

I would really appreciate if anyone can tell me how to deal with this problem. Is there any function I can disable so that this won't happen?

Thanks

Hi, Guys,

After update to 10.6.3, the bluetooth in my EEE901 is not working properly. There are tons of unconnected devices in the bluetooth preferences. The bluetooth tab in the system preference load extremely slow.

I uploaded a screenshot.

I would really appreciate if anyone can tell me how to deal with this problem. Is there any function I can disable so that this won't happen?

Thanks

I had a similar problem. My blue tooth also stoped working.

I did a repair permissions and it came back.

You can also try to open the update package from apple in pacafist and restore all kext files

Is there a bluetooth device that is sure to work... i need on for my hackintosh build (Gigabyte x58A ud5 Motherboard) and i don't want one that will fail the next update. maybe a usb one can do better? Any advice

Hi, Guys,

I uploaded a screenshot.

Thanks

i had the same 00 devices(only 1 tho)the first time I connected my Mircosoft bluetooth mouse after the 10.6.3 update. The next time I connected it showed up as the right device so I removed the 00 device from the preference pane.I haven't had a problem since.Did you try removing those unknown ones yet?And also clean your cache

i had the same 00 devices(only 1 tho)the first time I connected my Mircosoft bluetooth mouse after the 10.6.3 update. The next time I connected it showed up as the right device so I removed the 00 device from the preference pane.I haven't had a problem since.Did you try removing those unknown ones yet?And also clean your cache

I tried to remove some of them, but there are just too many and also it keeps growing back. I did clear all the bluetooth.plist, it doesn't remove any of these.

If I understand correctly,you only have a Targus bluetooth mouse and your bluetooth thinks there is something else that is unknown and it keeps trying to connect to it making your bluetooth very slow.If that's right ,do you have the latest Targus kexts installed?If not maybe go to their site and download their mac drivers, maybe that will help

If I understand correctly,you only have a Targus bluetooth mouse and your bluetooth thinks there is something else that is unknown and it keeps trying to connect to it making your bluetooth very slow.If that's right ,do you have the latest Targus kexts installed?If not maybe go to their site and download their mac drivers, maybe that will help

Thanks for the advice, the problem is even when there is no real paired devices, I can see tons of unused devices. It is not the problem of my mouse.

Thanks for the advice, the problem is even when there is no real paired devices, I can see tons of unused devices. It is not the problem of my mouse.

Are you using this in a public place. ?

At office I see over 30 unpaired devices (Phones / Other Laptops / etc etc)

At home I see 3-4 devices.

Make sure you have the right kext files and the versions are right.

Use Kextspy to see what files are bring loaded.

• 2 months later...

i am having the same issue of re-generating phantom devices.

i delete them in /library/preferences/com.apple.bluetooth.plist

they always come back, and makes for a very slow bluetooth pairing/response.

any progress figuring out the cause?

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue, and i know how to fix the problem. However I m not happy about my fix since it does not load the BroadcomUSBbluetoothcontroller.

Open the plist in BroadcomUSBbluetoothcontroller, and delete your DevID or change to any fake ones. The downfall of the fix is that the Plug-in wont load, and you lose a few features like Turn it on and off.

Does anyone know a concrete solution to this issue? My device is BC bluetooth2045B.

-Fix. Delete bluetooth Dun connection in network Preferences, or any other kinda bluetooth module in Network.

• 4 weeks later...