[GUIDE] HP DV7, Windows 7 and Snow Leopard

Mac OS X  

75 members have voted

1. 1. If Apple Would Release an OS X For PC would you buy it?

• Only if it worked with my hardware.
    • Yes!
    • I do not like OS X, i am a windows person.
    • I like OS X but not enough to buy it.
    • I prefer hacking OS X to get it to work.
    • I love the InsanelyMac Community and Mac for PC would take away my joy
  2. 2. Has this guide helped you install OS X?

• YES!
    • No.

46 posts in this topic

Snow Leopard and Windows 7 Dual Boot on a HP DV7

This is the First DV7 10.6 Guide on InsanelyMac!

Updates: (V.1.2) (11/25/2010) All the Features of previous versions plus:

Updated WIFI Compatibility List

Updated WIFI Recommendations

Added Compatibility for 2000 series laptops

Added Link for 1000 Series Laptops

Added Arrival Date for 4000 Series Guide

Updates: (V.1.1) (10/22/2010) (We just updated the guide, kexts and fixes)

New Kernel (Qoopz 10.4.0)

New - Update straight to 10.6.4

New FakeSMC (V2.7)

New Install Structure

New Direct Dedicated Servers for Downloads! (No more waiting and error pages)

Updates: (V1.0) (10/8/2010)

Guide Changed from General to Specific

Please Read:

If you have a DV7-3000 Series Laptop, then read this guide for installation help. If you have another DV7 laptop, please choose from the list below:

DV7-1000 Series Guide: Here

DV7-2000 Series Guide: Use Current Guide and Tweak Settings

DV7-4000 (Current Model) Series Guide: Not Available Yet (Estimated Arrival: January-February 2011)

Topic Guidelines:

1. Please do not quote Long Posts

2. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

DISCLAIMER: I do not take ANY responsibility for the (mis)use of this guide, nor for any and/or all damage that may be a result of this guide. I cannot guarantee your success with this guide Nor do I take responsibility for the actions that may take place due to Legal End User License Agreement (EULA) Laws, that by using this guide you are agreeing to, and also breaking. But I can guaranty this: I have my system running using the steps described in the following guide. Use at your own risk. You might run into issues that may result in unexpected shut downs and/or loss of data, I take no responsibility for this. THIS GUIDE IS FOR FURTHER LEARNING ONLY! If you enjoy the Mac OS X Operating System, then buy a Real Mac.

OK enough of that lets get started...

Things you will need:

Single Boot Method:

1. An Apple Snow Leopard Retail Disk. Buy it here $29.00 (US) (Don't Download a Distro)

2. A boot disk to boot into you retail install DVD. Get it Here I do not take credit for this boot CD.

3. An external mouse and keyboard (Just in case)

Dual Boot Method:

(If you want to dual boot using a Single Hard Drive Click Here)

Everything Listed in Single boot plus:

1. A Secondary Hard Drive Rail and Cable if you want to Dual Boot. (These can be found HERE from HP or on eBay) Make sure it is the right caddy for your model DV7. Also make sure your DV7 can support a secondary hard drive.

post-538112-1274205192_thumb.jpg

2. You will also need a secondary Serial ATA (SATA) Laptop Hard Drive. These can be found Here

Post Installation Downloads:

Kext's and Fixes.

General DV7 Kexts | Last Update: 10/22/2010 Download

Apple Updates

1. The 10.6.4 Combo Update

Optional Hardware Upgrades:

This is not required but I suggest upgrading your wifi card so that it works with Snow Leopard and Windows 7. Here is a list of Mini PCIe Wifi cards that work out of the Box with Snow Leopard. (Thanks to oetkaa) The one I recommend is bold and in blue. (These cards might be longer then the card that is currently installed in your Laptop, you may have a half size card, in this case, use the Atheros AR5B93.) If you are not sure what PCI Interface you have Click Here. Note: You will need a Whitelist Hack the Bios to get this working.

!!!YOU NEED TO WHITELIST YOUR BIOS BEFORE YOU CAN USE AN AFTER MARKET WIFI CARD!!!!

Atheros AR5B93 (802.11n, 300MB) Works out of the box with Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and Above (I recommend this card because it is Half Size and not longer than the original card (Will not bind or bend when tightened)

Broadcom BCM94321MC (802.11n, 300MB) works out of the box with both Leopard and Snow Leopard

Dell/Broadcom BCM4321 (802.11n, 300MB) works out of the box with both Leopard and Snow Leopard

Atheros AR5BXB6(-M) (802.11B/G, 54MB) works out of the box with Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard

Atheros AR9281 (K32 only) (802.11n, 300MB) works out of the box with Snow Leopard (maybe not 10.6.2)

Atheros AR5BXB72 (802.11n, 300MB) works out of the box with leopard and snow leopard

Guide:

Hardware Prep:

It is now time to get your hand dirty and rip open your DV7!

Hard Drive Switch:

If you already have Windows installed on your system. Take out your windows hard drive and insert the new blank hard drive into the primary hard drive slot.

Wifi Card Installation:

!!!YOU NEED TO WHITELIST YOUR BIOS BEFORE YOU CAN USE AN AFTER MARKET WIFI CARD!!!!

The card is located under your primary hard drive. Simply Take out battery, Remove 1st Hard Drive cover, Lift your hard drive up, Unscrew your wifi card, Disconnect your antenna feeds (The two wires) and remove the card. Then replace with the new wifi card from the list of supported cards above. (After You whitelist the bios)

post-538112-1274199476_thumb.jpgpost-538112-1274199465_thumb.jpg

OS X Installation:

1. Burn MBCD.iso to a Disk.

2. Insert the boot CD into your laptop and reboot. Push "F9" when you see the "HP" logo and boot from the CD.

3. Once at the boot selection screen, take out the Boot CD and insert the Mac OS X Snow Leopard Install DVD and push "F5"

4. Now you should see an option for the Snow Leo Disk

5. Select the OS X Install DVD and type "cpus=1" (Without quotes) then push enter. (This Kernel flag is only needed for install and prep)

6. Once at the OS X Welcome screen, Select your language and continue.

7. You will need to repartition your primary hard drive to the GUID Partitioning Scheme. To do this, From the menu bar select Utilities > Disk Utility then select your hard drive from the left side of the screen. Now you should see a tab for "Partition" if you don't then you have selected a partition with-in your drive and not the drive itself.

7b. Now that you are in the partition tab for your hard drive select 1 Partition from the drop down menu (Or more if you like) Give it a name and select to partition it in the Mac OS X Journaled (Extended) Then Select options, then GUID Partition Scheme, Click OK then Apply and Close Disk Utility

8. Continue with the OS X Installation.

9. If you get a "Install Failed" Error Don't worry. This is a Common but inconsistent error and will not effect the installed OS. (The OS X Installer does not believe that it can boot on your hard ware, this is why we need a modified boot loader.)

Post Installation (Kexts and Fixes):

Ok now remove the OS X installation DVD from your DVD-Rom drive and insert the MBCD Boot disk and boot up to the CD. This time select the Newly installed OS X Hard Drive and type "cpus=1" (Without quotes) and complete the set up process.

1. Now Install the Chameleon bootloader (From "!1 Install" Folder) on to the OS X Hard drive.

2. Move the contents of the folder "!2 Copy to Root" to the root of your HD replacing old files.

3. Move the com.apple.boot.plist from "!3 com.apple.boot.plist" to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

4. Install any Extra Kexts from the "Extra Kexts and Fixes" Folder (Use Kext Helper b7.app to install)

5. Install Qoopz' 10.4.0 Kernel From the "!1 Install" folder. DO NOT Reboot.

6. Install the 10.6.4 Update. (You may get a KP At the end of the install. This is OK just force shut down

7. You should now be booting with out the Boot CD and with all working hard ware. (If some of your hardware is not working simply find the kexts for that hardware and install them using "Kext Helper b7.app")

Well That is it! If you only want to Single boot then you are done. If you wish to dual boot then read on:

Windows 7 Installation

Hard Drive Installation

If you already took out your windows hard drive follow these steps. If you need to install windows skip to step "1".

A. Take your windows hard drive and insert it into the Number two hard drive slot.

1. First start by taking the battery out then take off the number one hard drive cover.

2. Then take out your newly installed OS X Hard Drive (We do not want the Windows Installer to Mess it up)

3. Insert your New Blank hard drive into your primary hard drive slot and button up your laptop (I.E. put covers back on)

4. Now continue with the Windows Installation or Factory Image Recovery.

5. Now you should be booting into Windows fine!

Dual Boot Preparation:

Now that you have a working OS X Hard Drive and A Working Windows Hard drive. It is time to put them both together and see if they like each-other.

1. Take out the battery and both of the hard drive covers (Hard drive 1 then hard drive 2)

post-538112-1274199476_thumb.jpg

2. Attach the eSATA Cable that came with your secondary hard drive rails to the logic board in the number 2 HD slot. post-538112-1274199998_thumb.jpg

3. Now take your windows installed hard drive and put it in your number two HD slot.

4. Take your Mac Installed Hard Drive and put it in your number one HD Slot

5. Reboot.

Now you should see the beautiful Chameleon boot-loader with options for both Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Windows 7. Boot into both and make sure your system is running good.

F.A.Q.:

Q. I want to dual boot with one hard drive. Can this be done? If so how?

A. This can be done with 10.6 and Windows 7 but it is much harder then this guide. Or you can dual boot windows 7 and 10.5 with no problems.

Q. How do I install windows?

A. Windows OS is installed using Installation disks and is an easy process. Search google for "how to install windows"

Q. Can i put both hard drives in and install the different OS's on the two different hard drives?

A. You can but there is a big chance of ruining one or the other's boot-loader causing you to reinstall everything. However if you already have Windows installed, Simply switch the drives and put the windows drive back in later.

Credits:

I would just like to thank a few people who made all of this possible.

qoopz, nawcom, Proxin, yehia Amer, lithiumion, ranova, oetkaa and the rest of the OSx86 Insanely Mac community.

If you have any questions or need more help, feel free to post or PM me!

Downloads:

Kext's and Fixes.

General DV7 Kexts | Last Update: 10/22/2010 Download

Boot CD:

Get it Here | Last Update: 10/22/2010

Amazing tutorial! Thank you very very much, ive been searching for a month and a half for a guide specificly for my dv7-3169wm laptop, i have tried many tutorials for installing 10.6 and they all failed for me, 10.5 works fine though,........ i have two questions, will this work with my processor? i have an AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core M620, also, do you think i will be able to utilize my graphics card on 10.6.3? i have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, in advance thank you for your time  :D

Amazing tutorial! Thank you very very much, ive been searching for a month and a half for a guide specificly for my dv7-3169wm laptop, i have tried many tutorials for installing 10.6 and they all failed for me, 10.5 works fine though,........ i have two questions, will this work with my processor? i have an AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core M620, also, do you think i will be able to utilize my graphics card on 10.6.3? i have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, in advance thank you for your time :P

Well I know the there are a few "AMD" Kernel's out there and booting Snow Leopard should be no problem (You would just have to install that kernel) I beleave if you search "qoopz kernel" on this forum you should find some more information. (Sorry but i am not sure about AMD Processors)

As for you graphics card: Form what i can see and have experienced with the ATI Mobility Radeon card's is they are not Fully supported in OS X. Altough you might try the "Graphics Mode"="1600x900x32" and "Graphics Enabler"="y" kernel flags.

Sorry i could not be more help.

Well I know the there are a few "AMD" Kernel's out there and booting Snow Leopard should be no problem (You would just have to install that kernel) I beleave if you search "qoopz kernel" on this forum you should find some more information. (Sorry but i am not sure about AMD Processors)

As for you graphics card: Form what i can see and have experienced with the ATI Mobility Radeon card's is they are not Fully supported in OS X. Altough you might try the "Graphics Mode"="1600x900x32" and "Graphics Enabler"="y" kernel flags.

Thats perfectly fine, with my extensive search on installing OSX on my laptop i have learned it is not the best to run it on, what you recommended for the graphics mode helped me maximize my resolution for my 10.5 install, i will keep in mind the "qoopz kernel" that you have mentioned, i am very exited and patiently waiting for your "fix" that you will provide for us DV7 users, as soon as you release that i will give all of this a try, thanks again for your help :rolleyes:

Dell/Broadcom BCM4321 (802.11n, 300MB) works out of the box with both Leopard and Snow Leopard

Thanks for the guide. I'm finishing off a 10.6.3 install on an HP DV8 (i7-720QM, 8GB, 2x500GB) and its been a long process! I'm triple booting Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit on this bad boy!

What is the part number/model of the Dell BCM4321 card you used? I would like to order one from the Dell (Canada) web site and the don't make it easy to figure out what card might be BCM4321 based... (That is what the Specs section should list Dell!)

Hopefully the wifi whitelist in the DV8 F.21 BIOS is the same as whatever you have in your DV7 and I won't have to hack the BIOS to get wireless to work ;)

Thanks!

Thanks for the guide. I'm finishing off a 10.6.3 install on an HP DV8 (i7-720QM, 8GB, 2x500GB) and its been a long process! I'm triple booting Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit on this bad boy!

What is the part number/model of the Dell BCM4321 card you used? I would like to order one from the Dell (Canada) web site and the don't make it easy to figure out what card might be BCM4321 based... (That is what the Specs section should list Dell!)

Hopefully the wifi whitelist in the DV8 F.21 BIOS is the same as whatever you have in your DV7 and I won't have to hack the BIOS to get wireless to work :whistle:

Thanks!

Well I got mine on eBay it ended up being the HP version. The guy i got it from does not have anymore but this Link looks good. The only bad comments on feedback is for like slow shipping and Stuff (98.9% + Feedback with 6963 Items sold).

This is the info i know: Broadcom BCM94321MC BCM94321 BCM4321.

I hope this helps.

Thats perfectly fine, with my extensive search on installing OSX on my laptop i have learned it is not the best to run it on, what you recommended for the graphics mode helped me maximize my resolution for my 10.5 install, i will keep in mind the "qoopz kernel" that you have mentioned, i am very exited and patiently waiting for your "fix" that you will provide for us DV7 users, as soon as you release that i will give all of this a try, thanks again for your help :blink:

Ok I have uploaded the Fixes. They are linked in my First post (The guide). Thank you for waiting. I have just been so bizy.

thats completely understandable, no need for explanations, THANK YOU for uploading the files early,... you made my day :( im dying to get off of work, go home and try it out now, im pretty sure your amazing tutorial will work for my AMD system, ill give updates soon

I need some help i am trying to dual boot windows 7 enterprise and mac os x on my HP DV6-1350us laptop any suggestions???

This issue with the people who only have the abillaty to store one hard drive and dual booting Winsows/OS X 10.6 is the Partition Scheme.

What i would do is use a 10.6 distro with dubble boot loaders. (I.E. Windows boot loader and Dawen)

Sorry dual booting with SL has become super hard. You could try to back down to 10.5 and use a distro like Kalyway. That should also solve your problems.

this sucks so much for me, it has nothing to do with your tutorial, but im stuck on step two of the OSX installation, my computer loads the disk, shows the first few lines of booting with hd0,0 with the spining cursor underneath, then freezes and my Caps and NumLock lights on my keyboard start flashing, i remember seing this issue before and using the proper kernel for my AMD system fixed this issue, but i dont understand because this is the only available modified kernel for me that i know of for Snow Leopard, i know u dont know much about AMD but i have searched for "MBCD.iso" everywhere and couldnt find a forum talking about how to boot this iso on an AMD system, what else do you recommend for me? i completely understand if your not able to help me :(

hey entouche graphics why dont you just copy/paste my tutorial for installing mac on a single hard drive

Jan-20-2010:

Install Procedure:

Format any partition u choose to install osx on it watch out dont choose logical drive

Plug the dvd SnowOSX Universal 10.6 v3.5 pc distro

Press f8

Type cpus=1

Install selecting all options on the customize

Restart

Press f8

Type -x cpus=1

Bla bla type ur name...

Remove all atis kext

Restart

Press f8 type cpus=1 (add this to ur boot file)

Install kexts

IR:

worked alone im using another ir from hp i got it from my retailer its serial RC1762302/00 or HP SPS : 435743-001

ps:it doesnt work on windows 7 or vista u need to patch the driver like what i did

Graphics:

Radeonhd.kext

remove all other atis.kexts

Wifi:

just use bcm43xx_enabler.sh {sudo ./bcm43xx_enabler.sh enter proceed with the instructions..)

keyboard plus synaptics:

u need to install patched appleps2controller.kext +install trackpad prefpane the patched one

faster reboot +shutdown:

remove OpenHaltRestart.kext

install osxrestart.kext

audio + microphone:

latest voodoohda.kext

Webcam:

iopcfamily261.kext

it works on every single software even skype...

To improve other stuff:

use my dsdt and install VoodooTSCSync.kext fakesmc2.5.kext iosdhciblockdevice.kext

remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Added my own custom theme

And finally my boot config (using rc4 chameleon manually)

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1600x900x32@60</string>

<key>Graphics Enabler</key>

<string>yes</string>

<key>Hide Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,5)</string>

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,1)</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>cpus=1 arch=i386 </string>

<key>Instant Menu </key>

<string>n</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>10</string>

Last but least if u guyz know anyone to try and help us out fixing our buggy dsdt it would be great

ps:about the audio if it comes out from bottom of the laptop i really didnt try to test it cause its not very important if hd videos (lags) doesnt work only sd videos

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=205032

is it possible to install in the following order?

- take HD 1 out

- put new HD in slot 2

- install OSX in new HD

- put old HD back in slot 1

Thus avoiding the hassle of reinstalling Win 7

Yes.... Well Kinda, You must have the OS X HD in HD Slot 1 and Windows HD In slot 2. But yes you can do it that way.

this sucks so much for me, it has nothing to do with your tutorial, but im stuck on step two of the OSX installation, my computer loads the disk, shows the first few lines of booting with hd0,0 with the spining cursor underneath, then freezes and my Caps and NumLock lights on my keyboard start flashing, i remember seing this issue before and using the proper kernel for my AMD system fixed this issue, but i dont understand because this is the only available modified kernel for me that i know of for Snow Leopard, i know u dont know much about AMD but i have searched for "MBCD.iso" everywhere and couldnt find a forum talking about how to boot this iso on an AMD system, what else do you recommend for me? i completely understand if your not able to help me ;)

Um.... Insted of the MBCD Iso method of booting try the MyHack installer with a AMD Kernel. The only issue with this is you would need a working 10.5 or 10.6 installation and a 8 GB USB Drive.

Here is the link to the my hack website: http://osx86.sojugarden.com/installer/

Install it using Vanilla kernel then replace mach_kernel on the USB with this one http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=214528 to boot into the OS X Install DVD.

I will also try to find or make an AMD boot cd.

Hope this helps.

Hi Entouch,

EDIT(6/02/2010)

Finally got all to work.

However, now the DVD drive isn't working(no light). It will let me eject using the eject button in the upper toolbar next to the date and time. However, when I put in a dvd or cd it won't do anything. I even try clicking the that button again('cuz it says close hp dvd.....)

It was fine before I used the .3, and maybe the .2 updates(not sure), but I know it was working before I did the updates.

Hmm, now the DVD drive works, but the audio doesn't. Not sure cuz I tried to install the more kexts stuff.....thinking can I install this without doing the .2, .3 updates?? ie just have 10.6.0?

THanks.

Hey Entouch,

Seems like everything installs fine....

but for some reason, after I do everything and if I reboot I get no sound. Before I reboot, sound is working. I tried the kexts in the more kexts folder to fix this, but it doesn't do anything(they look like the same kexts anyways as in step 1).

Can I do 1 and 2 in "step 2 after restart",without installing the .3 update?

So I can boot without the disc and have the vid card recognized?

Or will this mess up my computer?

Also if I stick with 10.6.2 do I still have to remove the disabler.kext?

Thanks.. :D

Hey Entouch,

Seems like everything installs fine....

but for some reason, after I do everything and if I reboot I get no sound. Before I reboot, sound is working. I tried the kexts in the more kexts folder to fix this, but it doesn't do anything(they look like the same kexts anyways as in step 1).

Can I do 1 and 2 in "step 2 after restart",without installing the .3 update?

So I can boot without the disc and have the vid card recognized?

Or will this mess up my computer?

Also if I stick with 10.6.2 do I still have to remove the disabler.kext?

Thanks.. :)

If you do not update to 10.6.3 do not remove the disabler.kext.

Thanks core i5,

My hp dv4-1030ee, click here for product specifications, works fine using your guide. But I still feel that the computer doesn't run as it should be. My camera is recognized, but when I want to use it, it shows a black picture. USB are ok, and I guess if I install the card reader kext, the card reader will work too.

I would like to learn on how /Extra and /System/Library/Extension folders are involved in improving my hardware. Is /Extra folder is just a temporary folder contains some kexts files, or it is identical of /System/Library/Extension folder?

I also want to know what exactly DSDT used for? I wonder if I can get mine from somewhere like in Windows or Linux!

When I use Skype, sometime audio device keeps disconnect and microphone hardly catch me talking.

Any idea?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks core i5,

My hp dv4-1030ee, click here for product specifications, works fine using your guide. But I still feel that the computer doesn't run as it should be. My camera is recognized, but when I want to use it, it shows a black picture. USB are ok, and I guess if I install the card reader kext, the card reader will work too.

I would like to learn on how /Extra and /System/Library/Extension folders are involved in improving my hardware. Is /Extra folder is just a temporary folder contains some kexts files, or it is identical of /System/Library/Extension folder?

I also want to know what exactly DSDT used for? I wonder if I can get mine from somewhere like in Windows or Linux!

When I use Skype, sometime audio device keeps disconnect and microphone hardly catch me talking.

Any idea?

I too have little bugs with my system. But nothing too bad.

The /Extra folder is used by your bootloader. if a kext is in the /Extra/Extension folder it will load it and not the on in the /System/Library/Extension folder. This is just so you can try out kexts without having to replace the original one.

And i too have issues with audio. But not what you are talking about. My suggestion is to search your hardware individually.

Sorry i could not help :^

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haha it is funny you ask, no I have yet to get it to boot back up after the 10.6.4 update. But I also have not tried very hard. I am about to take out my windows and I AM NOT PUTTING IT BACK IN UNTIL I GET OS X WORKING!! haha, it should not be too hard, the 4000 series has the same type of Mobo, exact same processor (in mine) and almost the same hard ware all the way around.

I will hopefully have some good news with in a week. Also sorry i have not been on in a wile to answer your post.

Hello Zack

Thanks your guide. I just purchased a 4000 series as well, have you been successful in getting the 4000 series to boot after upgrading to 10.6.4?

• 2 weeks later...

Zack,

First of all, thanks for your efforts writing this guide and updating it even after your changed your notebook model!

Ok, let me tell you my short history.

I followed the guide (the old one and the new one) step by step.

I have ended always in the same place.

After updating to 10.6.4 my system seems to boot but never get to the graphical interface.

After digging, i found that the problem was that the WindowServer was unable to run for some strange session related error. (call to GetOurLSSessionIDInit failed , i found this looking at /Library/Logs/CrashReporter)

At this point i'm still not able to say what is the real cause of my error (i read tons of forums, log files, and even the security lib source code in opensource apple).

The only thing i was doing different from the guide is that i was using the original NIC (BCM43225 14E4:4357) not the supported ones.

So i decided to buy a supported NIC (BCM94321MC) and try ONE MORE TIME! (i have a PhD in frustration overcome by this time!!!!)

Finally my two (3?) question:

After replacing the NIC i tried to boot ... but the system restarts whitout saying anything (not even "this NIC is not supported" .. just restart -tried pressing the powerbutton for 30seconds,etc,etc-)

1) How do i patch my bios for whitelisting? (i have Bios: Insyde F1D 10/5/2010 )

2) Did you try this guide with the original dv7 NIC?

3) Is my notebook possesed? ;)

Salut!

Matu

pd: my serial number is

CNF0043PNR

Zack, .....

1) How do i patch my bios for whitelisting? (i have Bios: Insyde F1D 10/5/2010 )

2) Did you try this guide with the original dv7 NIC?

3) Is my notebook possesed? ;)

Salut!

Matu

pd: my serial number is

CNF0043PNR

1) Whitelisting is taking your bios and editing it to allow the use of a unsupported card. I myself have no idea how to do this (I had a friend do mine), but there are "guides" and members of this forum who are willing to do it for you, see this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=157975

2) I first did this guide with the Original DV7 Wifi card installed. And only after installing did I switch out my cards.

3) I have noticed that even with the same model, installation procedures can change from one user to the next.... I have never seen the GetOurLSSessionIDInit error before... Did you try searching it up on the forum?

I hope my information can help you... I feel bad that I no longer have this machine to further help the people that do.

Hope you can soon enjoy OS X! Happy Thanksgiving!