Ipod Touch 2G stuck in DFU mode,HELP!

4 posts in this topic

So I plugged my ipod touch 2g on my charger, and the next morning itwas stuck in DFU mode. It wont reboot into recovery mode,or normal (of course). Both my mac and pc wont recognize the itouch plugged into the usb cable, and icant even turn it off by holding the power button, I have to hold the home and power to get it to reboot. Whats wrong with this? I'll buy another if I have to,I just want to be able to get all of my stuff off of it.

So I plugged my ipod touch 2g on my charger, and the next morning itwas stuck in DFU mode. It wont reboot into recovery mode,or normal (of course). Both my mac and pc wont recognize the itouch plugged into the usb cable, and icant even turn it off by holding the power button, I have to hold the home and power to get it to reboot. Whats wrong with this? I'll buy another if I have to,I just want to be able to get all of my stuff off of it.

Have you tried holding the Power+Home buttons for 10 seconds, then continue holding the Home button for 10 more seconds? Have you tried it on another computer with a different iPod cable?

• 1 month later...

Try this:

Download a old version of QuickPwn for windows and connect your device then follow the instruction to set the device into the normal mode. After that u must be able to sync with iTunes again.