Broadcom 4315 Fixed

5 posts in this topic

I now have the Broadcom 4315 card in my Lenovo S12 fully functioning with Snow Leopard 10.6.3. Previously, I used a Dell 1505 WLAN card in the WWAN slot with pin 20 taped, but have since removed it.

Steps:

1. Install bcc9's AppleACPIPlatform patch and Bluetooth HCI driver from this thread.

2. Restart the computer with both WLAN cards still installed.

3. Upon restart, you should get a new network device detected - but it will be a Bluetooth device, not your Broadcom card. The WiFi light (at least for the Lenovo S12) now works for the first time. Go into network preferences and join the Broadcom 4315 card to your network.

4. After the indicator bubble turns green for the Broadcom 4315 card, shut down your computer.

5. Remove the Dell 1505/Airport card from the system.

6. Turn your computer back on. You now have a functioning Broadcom 4315 card with Bluetooth.

With this fix, Bluetooth is stuck on whenever wifi is on - you can only turn it off through the physical WLAN switch.

I would like some other users to test this out on their systems - I only have a Lenovo S12 at my disposal. Other details that may be relevant to the install may be found in the S12 Ion Development Thread. Will updated the S12 thread in the coming days to catch up to this and other recent developments.

The problem with the 4315 was always turning the card on - bcc9's bluetooth driver seems to accomplish this. I do not yet understand all of the mechanics of this fix; now that we know it's possible, perhaps a more elegant solution will become available in the future.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

since I do not have a working wifi yet. I installed both patch with my hp mini 311 (which has exactly the same wifi card). And it remains all the same. I hope there is a real fix for this card as it is the best compatible one if it is supported.