Intel GMA945 (0x27AE8086+0x27A28086) resolution + CI/QE/OpenGL solution

Andy Vandijck

189 posts in this topic

I've worked hard together with the Chameleon team to make this possible.

Big thanks go to Prasys for implementing the GMA GraphicsEnabler fix.

I devised the solution for getting CI/QE/OpenGL on the GMA card I'm using now...

I also fixed up some warnings in the GMA graphicsenabler.

This fix is for Snow Leopard 10.6.2...

Download:

http://rapidshare.com/files/349732013/GMA_...Leopard_Fix.zip

New version for 10.6.3 (kexts, 0x27AE+0x27A2, get above too):

New fix for 10.6.3 including 0x27A2 for those were it doesn't work (10.6.3):

http://rapidshare.com/files/378494223/GMA9...ixed_10.6.3.zip

attached is also a new boot file (without debug etc)

New version for 10.6.4 (kexts, 0x27AE, get first fix + boot_rel3):

http://rapidshare.com/files/415502226/GMA9...10.6.4.zip.html

Or download from below...

New version for Graphics Update 1.0 (10.6.4):

http://rapidshare.com/files/418851321/Grap...AE_Fix.zip.html

Or also download from below...

New version for 10.6.5 (kexts):

http://rapidshare.com/files/430619778/GMA9...ixed_10.6.5.zip

New version for 10.6.6 (kexts):

http://rapidshare.com/files/442706923/GMA950_27AE_10.6.6.zip

Or download from below...

New version for 10.6.7 (kexts):

Download from below...

Sources of bootloader:

Check it out from the Chameleon forge site (under branches/andyvand).

Enjoy this great solution... :cool:

post-100023-1266001881_thumb.png

GMA_0x27AE8086_Snow_Leopard_Fix.zip

boot_rel3.zip

GMA950_27AE_fixed_10.6.4.zip

GraphicsUpdate_1.0_27AE_Fix.zip

GMA950_27AE_10.6.6.zip

GMA950_27AE_10.6.7.zip

10.6.8_27AE_GMA950.zip

• Like 2

I devised the solution for getting CI/QE/OpenGL on the GMA card I'm using now...

Download:

Sources of bootloader:

Great job!

You will make lot of people happy if would work on FX570M on T61p. :censored2:

Will this work on 27a2, too?

for 0x27A28086:

Don't replace stock framebuffer kext's...

Apple uses this kind of card.

You then only need the PNLF device in your DSDT and the bootloader installed with GraphicsEnabler enabled...

Works this Fix with native resolution for netbooks?

This fix will give you native resolution (with patched AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext for 27AE or stock one for 27A2).

And this will also give you Quartz Extreme, Core Image and OpenGL (with patched AppleIntelGMA950.kext for 27AE or stock one for 27A2).

Follow the steps described in the howto...

27A2 users: see previous post for install instructions.

So, this doesnt seem to work for me ;)

Chameleon installation fails due to the following reason, dunno what that means:

13.02.10 18:27:12 Installer[142] <ZeroSliderSplitView: 0x1b3ff0>: the delegate <TargetSelectPage: 0x33fdb0> was sent -splitView:resizeSubviewsWithOldSize: and left the subview frames in an inconsistent state:

13.02.10 18:27:12 Installer[142] Split view bounds: {{0, 0}, {402, 104}}

13.02.10 18:27:12 Installer[142] Subview frame: {{0, 0}, {0, 32}}

13.02.10 18:27:12 Installer[142] Subview frame: {{0, 0}, {402, 104}}

13.02.10 18:27:12 Installer[142] The outer edges of the subview frames are supposed to line up with the split view's bounds' edges. NSSplitView is working around the problem, perhaps at the cost of more redrawing. (This message is only logged once per NSSplitView.)

13.02.10 18:27:31 Installer[142] Die Installation ist aufgrund eines Fehlers fehlgeschlagen. Wenden Sie sich an den Hersteller der Software.

Neither RC4, nor Asere´s 1.1.9 booter are capable of loading the .kexts.

I am on an Intel 945G Chipset with a GMA 950 (device-id 27a2). No solution out there works so far ... thats really annoing.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work :)

So, this doesnt seem to work for me :(

Chameleon installation fails due to the following reason, dunno what that means:

13.02.10 18:27:12 Installer[142] <ZeroSliderSplitView: 0x1b3ff0>: the delegate <TargetSelectPage: 0x33fdb0> was sent -splitView:resizeSubviewsWithOldSize: and left the subview frames in an inconsistent state:

13.02.10 18:27:12 Installer[142] Split view bounds: {{0, 0}, {402, 104}}

13.02.10 18:27:12 Installer[142] Subview frame: {{0, 0}, {0, 32}}

13.02.10 18:27:12 Installer[142] Subview frame: {{0, 0}, {402, 104}}

13.02.10 18:27:12 Installer[142] The outer edges of the subview frames are supposed to line up with the split view's bounds' edges. NSSplitView is working around the problem, perhaps at the cost of more redrawing. (This message is only logged once per NSSplitView.)

13.02.10 18:27:31 Installer[142] Die Installation ist aufgrund eines Fehlers fehlgeschlagen. Wenden Sie sich an den Hersteller der Software.

Neither RC4, nor Asere´s 1.1.9 booter are capable of loading the .kexts.

I am on an Intel 945G Chipset with a GMA 950 (device-id 27a2). No solution out there works so far ... thats really annoing.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work :)

Use stock kexts and extract boot with Pacifist.

Replace Chameleon 2 RC4 boot with this boot and follow the rest of the tutorial.

27a2 will work OOB , shouldn't be an issue at all

I have a Dell Latitude D420 and while the fix did work OOB, it only worked with the laptop's display. If I tried to use an external monitor the display was either blank, black, or grey. I was able to get it working by using the included AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext. Still, the display has a few hiccups as the mouse cursor seems to blink sometimes and if I enter full screen in QT I get a kernel panic.

Replace Chameleon 2 RC4 boot with this boot and follow the rest of the tutorial.

Thanks, gonna try that ...

curious whats gonna happen this time :)

Download:

Sources of bootloader:

Dear Andy.

It works for Acer Aspire One D150 with 27AE internal, and 27A6 external.

but when goes mirror....it's garbled...

Simply dumb question: How to know it is full QE in Snow Leopard? Do you have comparison snapshot picture where it has Full QE or not? All i know that the diferrence pics within kext loaded or not...

Your chameleon can not be installed, always fail. I am using myhack installer MBR Retail 10.6.2 atom patched TEAteam. So i unpackaged your chameleon installer after renamed to zip file, and copy the boot file into the root. Nice GraphicsEnabler for GMA950, i hope the pci root detection debugs can be hidden via options, so i dont neet to enter during reboot. I is also worked also using AsereBLN 1.1.9 using EFI string, i checked.

Nope, sorry, still a no go!

- GMA950 (27a2) detected by Graphics enabler

- All stock .kexts --- garbeled screens, mouse and keyboard freeze, computer running, as i can see from CPUPMControl

- All stock .kexts + Efi string --- garbeled screens, mouse and keyboard freeze, computer running, as i can see from CPUPMControl

- Stock + your package --- GMA950 detected in Profiler, but no .kext loaded, resolution stuck at 1024*768

- Stock + your package + Efi string --- GMA950 detected in Profiler, but no .kext loaded, resolution stuck at 1024*768

- Stock + your package + edited device-id to 27a2 --- GMA950 detected in Profiler, but no .kext loaded, resolution stuck at 1024*768

- Stock + your package + edited device-id to 27a2 + Efi string --- GMA950 detected in Profiler, but no .kext loaded, resolution stuck at 1024*768

- Any other .kext or bootloader --- no detection of GPU at all

Hardware specs from official website:

LCD-Bildschirm

Bildschirmdiagonale

15 Zoll TFT XGA (1024 x 768)

Grafikkarte

Chip

Integrated Graphics Intel GMA 950

Video-Speicher (VRAM)

Shared Memory

I got absolutely NO idea what else to try :(

Cheers

Goron

Nope, sorry, still a no go!

- GMA950 (27a2) detected by Graphics enabler

- All stock .kexts --- garbeled screens, mouse and keyboard freeze, computer running, as i can see from CPUPMControl

- All stock .kexts + Efi string --- garbeled screens, mouse and keyboard freeze, computer running, as i can see from CPUPMControl

- Stock + your package --- GMA950 detected in Profiler, but no .kext loaded, resolution stuck at 1024*768

- Stock + your package + Efi string --- GMA950 detected in Profiler, but no .kext loaded, resolution stuck at 1024*768

- Stock + your package + edited device-id to 27a2 --- GMA950 detected in Profiler, but no .kext loaded, resolution stuck at 1024*768

- Stock + your package + edited device-id to 27a2 + Efi string --- GMA950 detected in Profiler, but no .kext loaded, resolution stuck at 1024*768

- Any other .kext or bootloader --- no detection of GPU at all

Hardware specs from official website:

LCD-Bildschirm

Bildschirmdiagonale

15 Zoll TFT XGA (1024 x 768)

Grafikkarte

Chip

Integrated Graphics Intel GMA 950

Video-Speicher (VRAM)

Shared Memory

I got absolutely NO idea what else to try :D

Cheers

Goron

I have GMA950 for Desktop with same device-Id. I still need to follow this to get it working.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1017236

Hi,

tested on Acer Aspire One D250, get native display resolution in Chameleon, but when boot is ending I see a blue screen, then a black screen and nothing else works.

0:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GME Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27ae] (rev 03)

Update: AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer works removing device PNLF but still no luck with AppleIntelGMA950.

Hi,

tested on Acer Aspire One D250, get native display resolution in Chameleon, but when boot is ending I see a blue screen, then a black screen and nothing else works.

0:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GME Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27ae] (rev 03)

Not much info in the logs

Feb 28 01:27:59 Cassios-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: display: Not usable

Feb 28 01:28:07 Cassios-Mac-Pro WindowServer[70]: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

Did you enable the GraphicsEnabler and have you put the PNLF device in DSDT?

Also the 2 kexts need to be installed in /S/L/E, removing the old 2 kexts in question...

Also the 2 kexts need to be installed in /S/L/E, removing the old 2 kexts in question...

I have a new version...

Try this one and download the patched ACPI from the chameleon (VoodooProjects) forum.

@ the guys with other GMA cards than 0x27AE8086, download the RadeonDump.zip from this post and use RadeonDump -d to dump the VBIOS from your card...

I can then examine the gpu a bit more in detail (Video BIOS info...) and maybe even fix it up...

.ioreg files (IORegistryExplorer saves) are also very welcome for fixing the other GMA graphics up...

Also the new booter with GraphicsEnabler support will also show your secondary display device (0x27A68086) and patch that up too...

It also has a new resolution fix for GMA945 (and secondary).

RadeonDump will only work for dumping VBIOS though...

Available for download is a tool I rewrote for testing display functions (compiled for 10.6 32/64bit with some extra's, sources included) so you can see if your card is working fine...

I also attached my video card BIOS ROM so you can compare with your own...

Very welcome are any GMA VBIOS files I don't have yet (GMAX3100 style or GMA950 style...)

It really would help us developping our patches over @ chameleon development...

RadeonDump.zip

boot.zip

27AE8086.5D00.0003.vga.rom.zip

VideoHardwareInfo.part01.sitx

VideoHardwareInfo.part02.sitx

Yes, I did. If I remove PNLF device from DSDT and use only your modified AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer, native resolution works. With PNLF in DSDT and/or using your AppleIntelGMA950, get stuck in black screen.

I have a new version...

Try this one and download the patched ACPI from the chameleon (VoodooProjects) forum.

Very welcome are any GMA VBIOS files I don't have yet (GMAX3100 style or GMA950 style...)

Can you provide a diff from your original DSDT? Mine is different.

Thanks.

Aspire One D250 27AE.5D00.0003.vga.rom.zip

Aspire 5920 (X3100 - works OOB) 2A02.035C.C000.vga.rom.zip

Hi Andy.

It works on acer travelmate 2490 with gma 950(27a2).

Proper resolution is patched, i know that my vga bios doesnt have 1280x800, (used i915resolution patch on linux, and now grub2 with 915resolution).

Removed all lines from dsdt for graphics, enabled graphicsenabler,removed grub2 resolution fix and it works. I don's see any difference between dsdt patch and yours boot file.

Does mirror mode works for you?

Could you build boot file without debuging?

Thnx.

Hi Andy.

It works on acer travelmate 2490 with gma 950(27a2).

Proper resolution is patched, i know that my vga bios doesnt have 1280x800, (used i915resolution patch on linux, and now grub2 with 915resolution).

Removed all lines from dsdt for graphics, enabled graphicsenabler,removed grub2 resolution fix and it works. I don's see any difference between dsdt patch and yours boot file.

Does mirror mode works for you?

Could you build boot file without debuging?

Thnx.

Haven't tested out mirror mode as I don't have an extra display around...

Could you also please dump your VBIOS and post it?

It would be handy to check if there is an extra id needed for your card... (it reads chipset id from VBIOS...)

I will make a boot file without debugging as soon as everything matures a little (will be integrated also fully in RC5 when it comes out).

Just my two cent ...

sh-3.2# kextload RadeonPCI.kext/

sh-3.2# ./RadeonDump -d

Found a device of class RadeonPCI: IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/GFX0@2/RadeonPCI

it matched on name "display"

Found a device of class RadeonPCI: IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/display@2,1/RadeonPCI

it matched on name "display"

sh-3.2#

I hope to you this is more informative than to me ... dump from 945 mobile ...

Gonna try the new boot now.

Cheers Goron

Edit:

new boot doesn´t change situation: still no .kext loaded and no resolution change ;)

Now a fix for GMA950! (Or is there one?)

----UPDATE

Or am i being stupid as on the picture it says GMA950? I have a D945GCLF it has a GMA950 but has 945 in the name? Im very confused?

----UPDATE

Im quite sure it will work with my system as i have the same model of stuff as on the screen shot ima do it!