belkin F5D7050 work v5000 work in snowleopard 10.6.2

slimani139

3 posts in this topic

(Search for 8187b, click on the link under Downloads:

RTL8187B (Software). Download the MacOS driver at the bottom of

the web page.)

2. Run the uninstaller, especially if you've already tried stuff to get this

thing to work.

3. Run the installer, and restart. Plug in the F5D7050.

4. Run System Profiler in /Applications/Utilities. Under "Hardware"

Click on "USB". Find the device. It's probably

"RTL8187B_WLAN_Adapter" or similar. Click on it.

Record the exact name, the Product ID, and the Vendor ID.

The file I uploaded here is the Info.plist installed by the installer above and I have edited the plist Section with the <key>Realtek RTL8187B</key> and changed <key>idProduct</key><integer>xxxxx</integer> to <integer>28766</integer> as well as <key>idVendor</key> <integer>xxxx</integer> to <integer>1293</integer> (just change the numbers... don't delete anything).Once you reboot, you will need to go into System Preferences -> Network and *if* everything is working, it will say it has detected a new interface.

ftp://66.104.77.130/cn/wlan/87B_Mac10.4_v1117.zip

After you're done setting that up [i think leaving it on DHCP and clicking OK was enough] you should get the Realtek Utility that you can use to do your wireless settings.http://www.realtek.com/

RTL8187Bt.kext.zip

• 4 months later...
(Search for 8187b, click on the link under Downloads:

RTL8187B (Software). Download the MacOS driver at the bottom of

the web page.)

2. Run the uninstaller, especially if you've already tried stuff to get this

thing to work.

3. Run the installer, and restart. Plug in the F5D7050.

4. Run System Profiler in /Applications/Utilities. Under "Hardware"

Click on "USB". Find the device. It's probably

"RTL8187B_WLAN_Adapter" or similar. Click on it.

Record the exact name, the Product ID, and the Vendor ID.

The file I uploaded here is the Info.plist installed by the installer above and I have edited the plist Section with the <key>Realtek RTL8187B</key> and changed <key>idProduct</key><integer>xxxxx</integer> to <integer>28766</integer> as well as <key>idVendor</key> <integer>xxxx</integer> to <integer>1293</integer> (just change the numbers... don't delete anything).Once you reboot, you will need to go into System Preferences -> Network and *if* everything is working, it will say it has detected a new interface.

ftp://66.104.77.130/cn/wlan/87B_Mac10.4_v1117.zip

After you're done setting that up [i think leaving it on DHCP and clicking OK was enough] you should get the Realtek Utility that you can use to do your wireless settings.http://www.realtek.com/

are you using f5d7050 v5 with E for the last letter of your fcc id ? i cant get this working for some reason...