ATI HD 5770

ralfhome

1,160 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
personally, I have given up waiting on support for the 5770 and am going to swap out for a last gen 4xxx series.

I also have a 4850 or 4670 in my near future to replace my 5750 - though I'm not pulling the trigger until after the 10.6.3 release and the Mac Pro and MacBook Pro releases that are due any time now....(at which time I will probably also get a new MacBook Pro)....

personally, I have given up waiting on support for the 5770 and am going to swap out for a last gen 4xxx series.
I not such big fan Apple to put more bad video card because of Mac :P
I also have a 4850 or 4670 in my near future to replace my 5750 - though I'm not pulling the trigger until after the 10.6.3 release and the Mac Pro and MacBook Pro releases that are due any time now...
I too hope on the 10.6.3 release and the new Mac Pro and MacBook Pro

...MacBook Pro releases that are due any time now....(at which time I will probably also get a new MacBook Pro)....
+1 ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
As mentioned last week, Apple released the first beta of Mac OS X 10.6.4 to developers. Numbered 10F37 its users must focus their attention particularly on the graphics drivers, SMB, Time Machine backups, USB and VoiceOver. One problem is mentioned, linked the request of a password to launch iChat

Maybe in 10.6.4  :)

they will be releasing 5000 series drivers just hold your horses, Apple are also working on a 3D glasses thing that works with 3D cards. Called iSpecs but it might only be made available to Itouch, Iphones, Ipads.

my overclocked 5770 is coming this morning so i will figure out to get full resolution but we'll have to wait till apple releases a new kext for 5000 series in June to get QE/CI.

I installed my Powercolour PCS+ 5770 all went well, will wait till Apple releases a 5000 series kext then i'll post a solution, This card did however stop my wireless card from working, Don't know how but it did, Wireless shows but cant connect time out all the time, I have reinstalled the OS but same issue. I'm guess when the ATI5000Controller comes then my wifi will not have any issues.

<br />when will ati 5850 driver<br />
<br /><br /><br />

There is no plan for 5800 drivers as of yet. I can get 1440 res on my ati 5770, will play around again later, using ATI Vesa you can get 1680x1050, again will fiddle more but cant wait till they release graphics update as i want to plat steam that i have and also starcraft 2 :pirate2:

I had a look inside ATI4800Controller and i have found that the executable inside the kext contains all vendor id's of the 5700 cards, i edited the file with my hardware id's, no panic, something stopping desktop from loading and i think it has something to do with the framebuffer file, will keep playing around.

I had a look inside ATI4800Controller and i have found that the executable inside the kext contains all vendor id's of the 5700 cards, i edited the file with my hardware id's, no panic, something stopping desktop from loading and i think it has something to do with the framebuffer file, will keep playing around.

In another post, I posted the names of some new framebuffers. It might be possible for you to tweak Netkas' old Natit.kext (or some other enabler that you can edit) and change the framebuffers around to the new ones, and see if that works.

The names of the new framebuffers are Eulemur, Gliff, Hoolock and Langur as far as I can tell from the ATIFramebuffer.kext. Might be worth a try!

In another post, I posted the names of some new framebuffers. It might be possible for you to tweak Netkas' old Natit.kext (or some other enabler that you can edit) and change the framebuffers around to the new ones, and see if that works.

The names of the new framebuffers are Eulemur, Gliff, Hoolock and Langur as far as I can tell from the ATIFramebuffer.kext. Might be worth a try!

If i look in ATIFramebuffer the ATI 5770 uses Megalodon, but i will still play around.

ATI Radeon HD 5770:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5770

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x68b8

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1400 x 1050

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Display Connector

Just put 1440 in your boot.plist and it will goto thast res.

Please do, I'm waiting to get out of 1024x768 display!

anyway i'm pretty sure its best to wait till Apple release new iMacs with 5750's they have ordered for June lineup.

I have been told by another member that in Chamelons code the ATI 5770 uses Motmot for the framebuffer, I now think it's not the Framebuffer file it's the ATI4800Controller, I'm sure we need to wait for a 5000 series one.

I have tried and get KP's, but ATIRadeonX2000 is the bad file that causes a KP. not sure why, Could be linked to the Framebuffer file?

i tried enabling 1600x900 using the boot.plist method, but it didn't change anything ;)

any other ideas?

Force it by adding 1680x1050, it will revert back to 1440x1050, Also it depends on what Chamelon your using, I use mostly Modified RC4's or RC5's that inject the GFX strings.