Transparent apple logo in menu bar

mmehir

8 posts in this topic

I've installed snow leopard in my pc many times and i can't figure out how to get the default black apple logo in translucent menu bar. Even after a clean install, i check "Translucent menu bar" and the apple logo turns to a blank (ugly) icon.

I used the retail DVD 10.6.0 and installed from a working partition of leopard (kalyway).

My specs:

- Mother: PCChips p23g V3.0

- Processor: Intel P4 3.06Ghz HT

- 2GB RAM

- nVidia GeForce 6200 256MB (1920x1080 using Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI] chipset)

Sorry about the poor english!

post-91798-1261947404_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

After a new clean install of SL 10.6.0 (retail) I found that 10.6.2 combo update will break the original icon and replace with the blank one.

Is there a way to roll back a combo update? It's really annoying, like something is missing there! Maybe the graphic card isn't 100% compatible.

I can't believe it's only happening to me!

After a new clean install of SL 10.6.0 (retail) I found that 10.6.2 combo update will break the original icon and replace with the blank one.

Is there a way to roll back a combo update? It's really annoying, like something is missing there! Maybe the graphic card isn't 100% compatible.

I can't believe it's only happening to me!

I did the update and not had that issue, running 10.6.2 and have the normal apple logo on the translucent menu bar.

• 3 weeks later...

So finally I figured out myself a solution...

Just replaced "Quartz.framework" & "QuartzCore.framework" in /System/Library/Frameworks/ with the old versions from 10.6.0 installation in another drive.

I believe the new version isn't compatible with my very-old AGP video card. After 10.6.2 upgrade even the dashboard was buggy (sticky notes and wheather had weird borders).

• 10 months later...

I have a similar problem on my setup with an AGP Geforce 6200 LE. Except in my situation the Apple icon doesn't show up at all. Seems that the 6XXX series is becoming more and more dated and is, at this point, very buggy. I'll try to rollback the frameworks and see how it turns out. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

So finally I figured out myself a solution...

Just replaced "Quartz.framework" & "QuartzCore.framework" in /System/Library/Frameworks/ with the old versions from 10.6.0 installation in another drive.

I believe the new version isn't compatible with my very-old AGP video card. After 10.6.2 upgrade even the dashboard was buggy (sticky notes and wheather had weird borders).

So, do u have these files? The same here, but i don't have the files to replace :(