Snow Leopard Retail 100% vanilla with myHack

De_Bilbao

38 posts in this topic

Installing Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on Asus P5B-Deluxe

using myHack, a flashdrive and the original Snow Leopard disk from Apple

Being hijacked at home by the flu, this weekend I tried to update my current Leopard setup. I had tried it many times, but until now I haven't found a method to start the installation of the Snow Leopard DVD. Until now, all my setups have been done using the original Apple disc, and I was commited to find a solution to run Snow Leopard as vanilla as possible.

I haven't tried this guide on other systems, but I'll be testing it on a Gygabyte GA-G31M-S2L with a Core 2 Duo E6600 and GeForce 8400 GS, but I think this method could apply to any system capable of running the stock kernel.

This is my rig. Even tough it was bought back in the beggining of 2007, actually I'm quite satisfied with it's performance, and altough the Core i7 setups are tempting, I'm not going to go for them:

• Asus P5B Deluxe motherboard.

• Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz overclocked 25% the FSB so it runs @ 3.0 GHz
  • 4 GB de RAM, planning to update to 8 GB immediately

• 1 HD Seagate 7200.12 500GB for Windows systems. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits & Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3.

• 1 HD Seagate 7200.11 500 GB for Mac OS X systems. Two Leopard installs, one being the production site and the other one being the test environment.
  • 2 HD Western Digital Green 1 TB for storage

• 1 optical drive LG GGC-H20L, DVD writer and HD DVD + Blu-ray reader combo

• 1 optical drive Pioneer DVR-215D, DVD writer

• Fanless nVdia GeForce 9600GT, Asus EN9600GT SILENT/HTDI/512M
  • Dell 2209WA monitor

• USB Wireless keyboard Logitech S510
  • USB Wireless mouse Logitech MX1100

The project has been a complete success, and right now I have the very latest version with all patches applied for Snow Leopard, iLife, iWork and the rest of the software I use most.

Here's a desktop screenshot, showing the system profile with the version of Snow Leopard, the graphics section showing Core Image & Quartz Extreme support, and also a Geekbench run, throwing a not-so-bat 7128 points. You can click on the screenshot to show it in it's native resolution of 1680x1050 pixels.

1547gw9.png

I've been surprised by the performance of Snow Leopard. I've read a lot of positive comments but it's not until you test it in your own system that you can conclude. It's the same hardware and thus there isn't mre bruteforce, but the system run much more smoothly, and that's what's important in the final user experience, isn't it?

The method I've used has been suggested by another forum member, that lead me to the clue of a program called myHack, a kind of installation-setup-assistant that let you customize it to your needs.

To begin with this guide, aside from your own system, you'll need:

• The original Snow Leopard DVD (physical or in ISO/DMG format)
  • A USB flash drive of at least 8GB of capacity.
  • Access to a Mac or PC with Mac OS X installed to prepare the flash drive.

This are the step-by-step instructions

Some advice before you begin: Trial & Error first with a USB drive

Before dealing with the real installation with the internal drives that had Leopard installed, I've done many tests with an external USB drive. I've used an old 80GB SATA drive attached to a Sharkoon QuickDeck case.

After many trials and errors, when I found the right combination that provided me with an stable setup, I detached the drive from the QuickDeck, labeled it and stored it as an emergency solution to restart a corrupted system, something that can happen quite easily if you plan to apply every patch from Apple.

I think it could be possible to install this in a flash drive, and as far as I own a 16 GB unit, I'll try to setup Snow Leopard onto it and see how well it performs. I'll post my feedback.

But let's go for the main course. The method has three phases: prepare the flash drive, install Snow Leopard and applying the updates to obtain a fresh 10.6.2 setup.

PHASE 1. Prepare the USB flash drive

• Start Disk Utility in a Mac or OC with Mac OS X (I hate the term Hackintosh)

• Plug the USB flash drive. It should be at least of 8 GB capacity.
  • Partition GUID with only one partition schema, formatted as Mac OS Plus (journaled). I've labeled it "Mac OS Install USB"

120h0uo.png

• Insert the original Snow Leopard DVD or mount the ISO or DMG image
  • Back in Disk Utility and in the Restore tab of the created partition, drag and drop the "Mac OS Install DVD" volume to the source field and "Mac OS Install USB" to the destination. We've just erased the flash drive, so there's no need to check the box "Erase destination".

dzimfo.png

• Wait until it finish; in my case it's been around 20 minutes. I prefer to use an ISO image instead of the physical disk because it's faster.

Install myHack (Bootloader and Extra folder with Extensions)

• Download the installer at myHack 1.0 RC4.1
  • Run it and select the flash drive as destination.

• Customize the options suitable to your system. This is really the most important thing in the project. You need to understand what does every extension and if you need it or not for your system. You may also need some additional extensions to support your hardware that aren't included with myHack. At the end of the guide you'll find an appendix with an explanation of my selections.
  • I highly recommend to obtain a compiled DSDT.aml for your system and better with some fixes applied. It's out of the scope of this guide, but you'll find tons of info in http://www.osx86.es/ and more specifically with the tool DSDTSE. Once you have your dsdt.aml file, you should place it in the root of your flash drive.

Run pfix to repair permissions and rebuild mkext.kext

• This step is crucial. You need to re-run pfix everytime you make some changes in the contents of the Extra folder. You'll do it this way:

• Run the terminal app
    • Write sudo -s
    • Enter the admin password
    • Drag and drop the pfix program from the root of your flash drive to the terminal command line and press the enter key.
    • It will show a list of every volume in the system. By default it assumes "/" as the root of
    • If we're trying to run pfix in the boot volume we should just press enter, but now we need to run it over the "Mac OS Install USB" volume so we'll type /Volumes/Mac OS Install USB after /pfix

Before we continue with Phase 2, let's see graphically the result of our work. This is how the original Snow Leopard DVD shows up in the finder as soon as you insert into the optical drive.

2w6x62t.png

If you dig a bit listing it's contents using terminal app, you'll see some more hidden files

2zyzo7n.png

This is the same disk, after being copied to the flash drive and adapted by myHack

2wfveb7.png

And inside it...

29caxjo.png

PHASE 2. Install Snow Leopard

• Boot the PC from the flash drive. Use the BIOS key to select the boot drive. In my Asus P5B Deluxe it's F8.

• As soon as the Chameleon interface appears, select the icon of your flash drive. As we labelled it "Mac OS Install USB" it's easy to recognize.

• Once selected, press the down key to show the Chameleon options menu and choose "Verbose" mode to see what happens during boot.

2m4d83m.png

• The Mac OS X installer appears and it asks for the setup language.

• In the Tools menu select the System Profile option to check wether our devices are recognized or not. My graphic card shows perfectly the native resolution of my Dell monitor @ 1680x1050 pixels and both network cards are OK. More than enough to go for the setup.

• Again in the Tools Menu, select Disk Utility to prepare the disk that will receive the Snow Leopard install. As I said before, I've done different installs, first in an external USB drive and after in the internal drives. To avoid problems, select the entire disk and select a two partition schema with GUID. One partition to run the main system and another for a test system.

• Once prepared, exit Disk Utility and go back to the installer. I highly recommend not to install the zillion printer drivers and keep only the languages that you'll use. It will install faster and you'll get a more free space in your drive.
  • Wait until you get the Restart button. It'll depend on your system and the speed of your flash drive. In my case it took aproximately 15 minutes.

First reboot. Still booting from the flash drive

• It's really important to boot again from the flash drive. Snow Leopard is not yet prepared to boot by itself. We need to fix make some changes before.

• Again choose "Verbose" in the Chameleon interface to see what happens.

• The Snow Leopard multilingual animation video appears and it'll show the installation wizard
  • Follow the installation assistant until you get the Snow Leopard desktop ready

Prepare the Snow Leopard volume for autonomous operation

• Run again myHack installer, but now select the Snow Leopard volume as the destination drive.

• Select the same options as for the flash drive.

• I decided to delete the Extra folder from the Snow Leopard Volume and copied the Extra folder and the dsdt.aml file from the flash drive. This way I'm absolutely sure that I'll be using the same files that run OK in the previous stages.

• Run again pfix, and select /Volumes/Snow Leopard instead of "/" as suggested, because the boot disk is the flash drive.

Restart Snow Leopard without the flash drive

• Unplug the pendrive
  • Reboot the PC and use the BIOS key (F8 in my P5B Deluxe) to select the drive that contains the Snow Leopard install. I prefer to have separate drives for Windows and Mac OS X and I select the drive at boot time with F8.

• As soon as Chameleon interface appears, choose again "Verbose" mode and cross your fingers

• If everything goes right, in a few moments you'll have a smiling face looking at the Snow Leopard desktop.

PHASE 3. Update Snow Leopard to version 10.6.2

• It's possible to do it as a two-step process; first 10.6.1 and next 10.6.2 but being cumulative packages I prefere a one-step setup.
  • Download the Mac OS X v10.6.2 Update (Combo) from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL959
  • Run the installer
  • Reboot the system in verbose mode (-v)

• If you have a completely compatible kext combination you'll have no problems and it'll be done, but if you selected the sleepenabler.kext you'll run into a kernel panic. To avoid it you should change the kext for the patched one that netkas provides for 10.6.2. It's explained in the appendix.

Update of the rest of the componentes using System Update

Run System Update from the Apple menu and you'll get updates for the following software. You can download and apply them automatically or download and save them for later use. This is what I've done because I'll need them again in the test partition.

• Apple Remote Desktop 3.3
  • Safari v4.0.4
  • AirPort Client Update 2009-002
  • iTunes v9.0.2
  • Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 1

With this patches applied our Snow Leopard install will be up-to-date. I've also addes iLife'09 and iWork'08 with it's own patches and everything is running smoothly.

And finally - as promised - the appendix

APPENDIX: myHack Options for my Asus P5B-Deluxe

This is a comprehensive list of every option included in myHack. The texts are obtained from the installer and I've marked green the ones that I've kept, red the ones discarded and blue the ones that I've obtained from another source.

Core

This will install Chameleon 2.0 RC3, PC EFI 10.5, myHack pfix v2.1.1 & a Snow Leopard port of lspci onto the selected volume. It will place a preconfigured com.apple.Boot.plist into /Extra by default. Be sure to further modify it as needed. This will also perform a test to determine if the selected volume is an installation device, if so it will install OSInstall.mpkg & OSInstall framework to enable installation on MBR partitioned devices automatically.

com.apple.Boot.plist

This will place a preconfigured com.apple.Boot.plist into /Extra. It is configured to use arch=i386 kernel flag, EthernetBuiltIn & 1024x768 VESA graphics by default. Be sure to further modify this file as needed.

GraphicsEnabler

Overwrites above com.apple.Boot.plist with GraphicsEnabler = Y option. This will enable graphics acceleration on most Nvidia Graphics Cards & a few ATI Graphics Cards. NOTE: If this does not work at first try entering -pci1 in the chameleon boot prompt. Read installer documentation for more information.

Kernel Chocolate

This will place chocolate_kernel into / and modify the com.apple.Boot.plist to use it by default. This is required to run OS X on otherwise unsupported intel processors (Pentium4, i5, etc). It includes sse3emu for sse2 only processors but there have been reports of instability with some applications, it will not be enabled if your CPU has sse3 support however. This kernel will run most AMD systems as well but it does not include on the fly CPUID patching so if you intend to use this on an AMD system you will need to obtain a third party tool to patch your binaries. For a full explanation of what this kernel can and can not do and when it should or should not be used consult the myHack documentation online. NOTE: Do not use this kernel if you have a Core2 or i7 processor, this kernel has been reported to cause kernel panics on i7 processors and Core2 systems run better with a vanilla mach_kernel.

AHCIPortinjector.kext

Adds a device name to AHCI controllers that aren’t included in the stock KEXT (ICH9 and earlier ICH chipsets).

AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext & IOATAFamily.kext

This will provide PATA (IDE) support for most systems. It will also allow many of you to run your SATA devices with AHCI disabled on most ICH6/7/8/9/10 based motherboards. NOTE: This AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext is a BETA KEXT for Snow Leopard, it has been reported to cause Kernel Panics for some users. The IOATAFamily.kext however, was recently compiled from patched 10.6 source and has no known bugs.

Apple Azalia Audio

He descargado de la web www.kexts.com el kext correspondiente a mi tarjeta de audio en http://www.kexts.com/view/156-azalia_audio.html para poder tener soporte de sonido.

PS2Controller

Allows the use of PS/2 keyboards and mice on many systems. Provides: AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext & ApplePS2Controller.kext

AppleUpstreamUserClientDisabler.kext

Generic disabler.kext modified to disable the DRM Nvidia KEXT (AppleUpstreamUserClient) which has been known to cause “mouse lag” when using iTunes/Quicktime with *SOME* NVIDIA graphics cards. NOTE: Only try this if you experience very noticeable mouse lag when running iTunes/Quicktime.

AttansicL1eEthernet.kext

KEXT for the Attansic L1e Ethernet chipset.

FakeSMC.kext

FakeSMC.kext (Copyright © 2009 Netkas) is an open-source System Management Controller (SMC) emulator for MAC OS X. Without this OS X 10.6 will not run on non-apple hardware. This is FakeSMC v2. Note: FakeSMC.kext is incompatible with the older “dsmos.kext” which was used in previous versions of OS X to run on non-apple hardware do not use dsmos.kext if using FakeSMC.kext. Also worthy of mention is the fact that dsmos.kext is in direct violation of the Apple OS X EULA. FakeSMC is an emulator, not a decryption kext like dsmos was – therefore it does not directly violate the Apple OS X EULA as far as I can tell. View the full release notes and license for FakeSMC.kext on netkas.org.

It exists a more updated FakeSMC version 2.5 that I've used instead of version 2.0. Netkas has published it in it's blog http://netkas.org/?p=338 and you can get it there.

FramebufferDisabler.kext

Disables the framebuffer kexts (NVDAResman.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext, AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext) which have been known to cause kernel panics when booting to installation or post-installation environment that does not yet have functional graphics acceleration. [This is NOT required if you are using the GraphicsEnabler or a custom EFI Graphics String in your com.apple.Boot.plist]

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

Dummy KEXT that changes AHCI icons from showing as removable orange to internal gray. Purely cosmetic.

JMicronATA.kext

KEXT to allow JMicron ATA (PATA) to work properly on systems using 4GB+ of memory.

LegacyAppleRTC.kext

Legacy AppleRTC.kext repackaged to function with Snow Leopard. This prevents the "CMOS Reset" error that is encountered on most motherboards running OSx86 10.6. IMPORTANT NOTE: This MUST be removed (and replaced by a dsdt CMOS fix) before booting to an x86_64 kernel.

LegacyJMB36xSATA.kext

Dummy KEXT to allow JMB36X SATA information to show in System Profiler.

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Disables AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext - this extension is required until you have built a proper dsdt for your system. Without this or the dsdt your system will not boot (kernel panic). IMPORTANT NOTE: It is suggested that everyone use this kext for now even if your system runs fine without it. There is an unresolved issue with the way AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext handles HPET on non-apple hardware that causes the CPU to run much hotter than normal. [This is not required if you are running the "Chocolate" Kernel but it won't cause any problems to keep it.]

OpenHaltRestart.kext

Adds Restart and Shutdown functionality for most systems that are using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. [This is not required if you are running the "Chocolate" Kernel but it won't cause any problems to keep it.]

PlatformUUID.kext

Removes the UUID 35 Error by injecting a generic UUID. [This is not required if you are running the "Chocolate" Kernel but it won't cause any problems to keep it.]

SKGE.kext

Gives functionally to some select Marvell ethernet controllers.

This kext was running fine in Snow Leopard 10.6.0, but after updating to 10.6.2 I gor a kernel panic. I haven'f found any documentation about it, but I've found a kext that runs well in http://www.kexts.com/view/20-skge_%2832--64-bit%29.html

Sleepenabler.kext

Will enable sleep functionality while AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is disabled on many systems. NOTE: Only needed if using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext or "Chocolate Kernel".

This kext was running fine with Snow Leopard 10.6.0, but after upgrading to 10.6.2 I got a kernel panic, as netkas says in its blog MacOSX 10.6.2 Released so I proceeded downloading the updated one for 10.6.2

I hope you find this guide useful. I've come across InsanelyMac many times so I think it's nice to contribute when you have success. I'm a spanish speaking person and so the screenshots are in spanish. I'll try to get them in english, although I think they are self explanatory.

I'll try to use this post to comment about some doubts that I have. Hope to share some more knowledge with you soon.

:D:D:D

I'm quite surprised that this guide has received no answers at all.

I know that there are a lot of Snow Leopard guides in this forum, but this one is pretty straightforward, really easy to follow and it's generic, so if you follow it and choose the right kext for your motherboard you're going to get an install almost 100% vanilla, with an untouched system folder and just a bunch of kexts in the Extra folder.

Actually mine is as simple as this:

2q82el2.png

:censored2:

• Like 1

Hi De_Bilbao,

thank you for this job, it's a nice guide.

I had everything installed by me, but i think, that many people get help with this guide.

There is one issue by me: shutdown & restart.

The AppleAzaliaAudio.kext don't work for me in SL, only in Leopard it worked.

In SL i take the VoodooHDA.kext, if i put it to S/L/E, everything with shutdown & restart is o.k. But i want it better in /E, then i must put the IOAudioFamily.kext and the OSvKernDSPLib.kext to /E too. Then Audio work fine, but i get the shutdown & restart issue. The problem is the IOAudioFamily.kext, if i delete it from /E, shutdown & restart work again, but Audio don't.

If AppleAzaliaAudio.kext would work for me, i better take this.

Which version of it do you take?

Or have you edit something in DSDT?

F-Didi

Great guide indeed!

I can successfully get Snow Leopard running on my Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi-AP but I'm having trouble getting the WIFI to work. It's a Realteak 8187L and with the various install discs I've used for Leopard and Snow Leopard, I have yet to get the Wifi working correctly.

I have used the P5B driver off the Asus website, I've used a few kexts given on websites here... the closest I can get is to have the Realtek WLAN Client to display all the WIFI access points (including mine) and I can connect (seemingly) to my own router (o2 thomson) but I dont have internet access when it says Connected in the status. (Router uses WPA2-PSK / AES)

Please help me identify which steps I am missing. A few years ago I had this setup working with Leopard but now I can't get Leopard or Snow Leopard working.

My BIOS version is 0711. SHould I downgrade? Would that affect the Wifi? Legacy USB mode has been both on and off.

Thanks for any help :)

I finaly finished this with my P5W everything works great. For some reason(possibly my flash drive) It took a very long time to install. When it was done everything worked great for my mobo. Except 2 issues.

1. My sound didn't work (fixed with Voodo kext)

2. My Ati Radeon x1900 will only display 1024x768 resolution. (I have been told to add the Device ID to the ATI kext)

I was told to use Natit too but have no Idea how to go about this. Does anyone know a guide that may help in my situation?

Thanks for this guide. I recommend it.

Dear De_Bilbao,

Thank you so much for your installation guide for Snow Leopard 10.6.2 Retail_DVD. Bu I had used a much simpler method to install it:

1. Using Empire EFI 1.0.8 to install 10.6 Retail DVD

2. After finishing of the installation, restart the system again using Empire EFI 1.0.8

3. After OS X 10.6 starting up, install myHack using USB flash.

4. online upgrade to OS X 10.6.2

I have some problems when booting installer. I have usb drive with 2 partitions, first with restored installer + installation of package from your guide, second is empty - for installation. I think i got no KP when booting, but after some time of loading i got this:

img01951d.jpg

Any solutions?

C2D E8400

Abit ip35-e (ICH9)

Radeon hd4850

Even thought the install was a tru-success, I'm having problems shuting down the computer. These are the symptoms:

If I start the computer with Snow Leopard and select Restart, the PC restarts OK, but it takes exactly 30 seconds between the restart and the BIOS POST screen.

Instead, if I choose shutdown, the computer seems to be shutdown, but the power supply is still on and the fans running. The only way I can shut it down completely is by mantaining the power button pressed.

If I try to restart with Snow Leopard, I get this screen:

n1tlp0.jpg

If I power down the system again, start with Windows and restart with Snow Leopard, everything runs fine again.

Any ideas?

De_Bilbao,

I'm completely new to the whole DSDT file. I understand what it is and how it works, but any way I could get a copy of yours... then to change it to my liking? I have a P5B Deluxe. Did several Leopard installs, just having the Kewts always made installing Leo a breeze, now SL has both.

Memphis2k, it's much better to compile your own DSDT file than using one from other systems, even if they are the same motherboards.

I suggest to you the tool I've been usingo to get my DSDT. It's called DSDTSE and you can get it from EvOSx86 website, there's a link to download it in this blog post http://www.osx86.es/?p=860

You only need to run the program, push the button "Extraer DSDT" to extract the DSDT code from your BIOS, and next press "Compilar DSDT" to get it compiled, and with all optimization applied. It can even install the DSDT file if you press "Instalar DSDT".

This is how it looks. Once you have your DSDT file ready, you can start trying to optimize it with the included patches and hacks assistant. It's really useful.

dnc6ep.png

I Update my Q6600/P5k to 10.6.2 then I got the panic so I changed the sleepenabler everything booted using -v

then when the desktop is supposed to click in I get a blank screen. but i can hear the hardrives doing stuff so it hasnt locked.

any suggestions?

Instead, if I choose shutdown, the computer seems to be shutdown, but the power supply is still on and the fans running. The only way I can shut it down completely is by mantaining the power button pressed.

Any ideas?

Hi De_Bilbao,

i had the same problem with shutdown with an installed SleepEnabler.kext and didn't found a way to resolve this.

I don't need really the Sleep function and have delete it. After that, shutdown works perfect (only with VoodooHDA.kext in /S/L/E/ of course, as i wrote in post #6).

F-Didi

Hi, De_Bilbao

Thanks for your effort, I'm happy to have found a guide for such "ancient" hardware as the P5B. I'm still happy with it's performance as well, although I merely get 4000 on Geekbench (Core Duo 6600 2.4 G, unmolested :P )

Your instructions are excellent, I got Snow running nicely on second try. ; ) the only thing I had trouble with were the networkports, I ended up using the Yukon88E8056.pkg and Yukon88E8001 kext from kexts.com. (are there different revisions of this MB?)

Regarding your shutdownproblem I only noticed that once before i updated to 10.6.2 (online-update went fine) and haven't seen it since.

Sleep only seems to work halfway, the system seems to shut down but my fans stay on. This doesn't bother me much as I prefer to shut the computer down when not in use. Do you think it's safe (or wise) to remove SleepEnabler.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext?

As a variation from your setup, on install I used the MBR option instead of GUID to dualboot Win7. That way I can "cleanly" boot with EasyBCD without having to go through BIOS. In my experience EasyBCD doesn't recognize GUID-partitions. (Why are so many guides suggesting the GUID-option?)

One problem I have is that between dualboots the systemclock changes and is off by one hour when in Win7, is this the result of bad DSDT.aml patching?

Another thing I would like to change is the Bootscreen. MyHack is excellent software, but my girlfriend doesn't enjoy looking at words as "hack" and "suck" when starting Snow : )

And, what's the best way to monitor Temperatures as CPU, GPU, etc. in OS X, I would like to know how Snow Leopard is "taxing" my hardware.

Again thanks for your work!

• 1 month later...

Wow - thanks for this thread! I am about to try my first OSX86 install - on a P5B with an nVidia 8600GT, and this looks like it would do the trick!

A few questions:

1) when during this process would I deal with the dsdt issue?

2) why did you choose NOT to use the JMicron kext? Are you just not using that controller?

3) why are you using the Azalia kext and not the Voodoo kext for sound?

4) any BIOS setting tips?

Thanks!!!!

Hi ,

I have boot problems

MB: P5QL Pro

CPU: Intel Core Quad 8200

Bios 0601

Video Gigabyte 9600GT (i run it on other hackintosh with 10.6.2 and work problem is not in Video)

BIOS settings HDD ==> AHCI

CPU Max CPIOD Value --> disable

Execute-Disable Bit Disable

I try many different ways in CPU settings

Power

Suspend mode --> S3 only

ACPI 2.0 --> Enable

ACPI APIC Support --> Enable

I try to disable all devices like Sound Eth serial port ... no different

I chance my BIOS over 5 times

1. Original bios from asus

2. Patched bios

3. Last BIOS from Asus support page

4. Patched 0601

I try with Chameleon don't boot

I try with MyHack don't boot

Boot from :

1. Flash driver

2.Boot CD P5ql generic

3 Boot CD p5ql pro

Then I try to install 10.5

Try booting iDeneb 10.5.4 and 10.5.6

Try booting iPC 10.5.6

Nothing always get kernel panic or computer freeze when loading kext

Any ideas

Today i will bring this HDD to my computer and try to Clone HDD this is my idea but 2 days i lost in trying i install over 10 Osx86 and no problems only with this i have

Greetings

Hi De_Bilbao,

Nice tutorial: it worked perfectly for me. The only problem is to upgrade. I downloaded the 10.6.2 update from Apple, but when i start it it says that the hard disk doesn't require the necessary conditions to install SL (?!) Any idea ?

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but i have installed snow leopard on my clevo laptop using empire EFI v1.85, the problem is i can boot into osx with empire which gives my mouse and keyboard access, then i use the myhack 1.0 rc5.1 so i can boot without the cd in the drive the desktop loads but my keyboard and mouse don't work

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.19 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 2 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP41.0073.B00

SMC Version (system): 1.30f3

Serial Number (system): SOMESRLNMBR

Hardware UUID: DF557FA2-C304-556B-A442-960AB835CB5D

please redirect me if this is the wrong place to ask

;)

@ uklouis1986, yeah it's a little bit of a highjack, but download the voodoops2controller installer. I can't link it, but google "voodoops2controller.kext" and go to the second link. On that page it will list an installer, download that, install and enjoy.

If necessary you can boot the laptop using the bootcd, then run the installer. Reboot without the cd and cross your fingers.

Sleep only seems to work halfway, the system seems to shut down but my fans stay on. This doesn't bother me much as I prefer to shut the computer down when not in use. Do you think it's safe (or wise) to remove SleepEnabler.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext?

Same here! :)

No sleep with SleepEnabler.kext update for 10.6.2 by netkas. Every time a try to sleep, not only I have to shut it down completely by pressing power button for a few seconds, but then I have to boot with a Leopard modded DVD to fix disk problems or Snow Leopard won't boot again anymore. :D