Succsessful Osx86 on Thinkpad X200 X200s with iDeneb 10.5.6

jimjavad

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Finally I could install iDeneb 10.5.6 on my Thinkpad X200s after many trials. Now I have OS X dual boot with windows 7.

Here are some hints for anyone who likes to install mac OS X for his/her Thinkpad X200s / X200

*Only use iDeneb 10.5.6 ( iPC and others do not work)

*Your partition should be Primary and Active.

During installation after formatting your partition with "mac os extended journaled" close disk utility and select hard disk after that you can see customize button, in customize only and only select These patches.

1-In chipset select ICHx fixed

2-In Ethernet select Intel 82566

and install

after installation your should boot up in iDeneb

**Not working hardwares and necessary kexts.

Blue tooth is not working

VGA only works in 1024x768 mode but if you install this one it will show all resolutions

I attache the necessary Kext file

sound does not work out of the box but if you install this Kext you can have sound

go here -----> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=180451

WiFi (Intel 5300) does not work but Ethernet is working fine.

For recovering wondows 7 I used wondows 7 installation DVD then I used DISKPART to inactive OSX partition and then I repaired windows 7 start up

after that I Used easy BCD to dual boot Mac OS X with windows 7 the trick here is before using easy BCD you should unhidden all of your partitions except OSX partiotion.

Other Hardwares are not important for me as only want write iPhone programs with this Mac OS but if you found something new please write it here for others.

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext.zip

• 3 years later...