How to fix a couple issues with New Alienware M17x and snow leopard

whocanibe

5 posts in this topic

Hello Everybody. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that can help fix a couple issues with my m17x. Snow leopard seems stable on my machine, but i can't get my audio, keyboard, touchpad, to work and only half my usb ports run. At the moment I am using a usb mouse and keyboard to run snow leopard but i would like to have my keyboard and touchpad working, and lets not forget the sound. I am kinda new to this so if anyone can help me that would be good and please be detailed and simplify explanations because I don't know macs very well.

Interested as well. Should have my m17x by next week and will be looking to do the same.

Also, as for the keyboard and mouse, I believe both are PS2 and I remember Apple dropping support for these devices as of 10.5.6 or thereabouts. Looks like that is carried over to Snow Leopard too. I'd do a search for voodoops2controller kexts and see if installing those restores PS2 functionality.

Interested as well. Should have my m17x by next week and will be looking to do the same.

Also, as for the keyboard and mouse, I believe both are PS2 and I remember Apple dropping support for these devices as of 10.5.6 or thereabouts. Looks like that is carried over to Snow Leopard too. I'd do a search for voodoops2controller kexts and see if installing those restores PS2 functionality.

ok so looking it up on google didn't help much but the archive download they gave me here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=0#entry1282179

worked for my keyboard. I just had to go to system preferences and set it up as a new keyboard. The trackpad still seems not to work but that is ok with me since i use a usb mouse anyway, almost never used that pad in the first place. I am now using the How To IDT guide on this forum to hopefully get the sound up. If it works ill let you know and will upload anything i used that made it run. Then i might work on the camera and the usb (which don't bother me as much because at least half of them run). But everything seems to run pretty great. Can't wait to get sound working.

• 1 month later...

Hi whocanibe

Could you let me know what port of Snow Leo you used and what options you used during install.

Thanks in advance (-:

I have a M17x with the following specs:

• Intel Core2 Extreme Quad QX9300 2.53GHz
  • 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz 2 x 4096MB
  • 17.0in, WUXGA,LCD,ANW,M17X
  • 1GB Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M - SLI
  • 500GB 7,200RPM (xMB Cache)
  • 500GB 7,200RPM (xMB Cache)
  • Windows Vista Business (64-bit Edition)
  • Blu-ray Disc Burner (BD-R/RE, DVD+RW, CD-RW)
  • Internal 300Mbps Dual-Band a/g/n 2x2 MIMO
  • Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR

Will install Snow Leo on 2nd 500GB Hard Disk.

• 1 month later...