Apple Magic Mouse on my Hackintosh . Yay it works!

JimmyJ_79

16 posts in this topic

I converted an old integrated HP Bluetooth Module from a laptop to USB and it runs the mouse brilliantly!

I also have an old BTsomething USB adapter and even it works with it!

SticMAC

Hi Jim,

Which bluetooth adapter works well in Hackintosh?

Thank you.

one thing i'm wondering about with this trackpad mouse: do you have to lift your finger up from the mouse surface before you click? because on  a real mouse in never do, my fingertips stay in contact all the time

No, it's not touch click, you have to push the whole "button" down! It's kinda like the old mouse but with a touch sensitive top!

SticMAC

one thing i'm wondering about with this trackpad mouse: do you have to lift your finger up from the mouse surface before you click? because on a real mouse in never do, my fingertips stay in contact all the time

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone, hope you all are doing well.

Please do not get shock if I tell you that I am still using 10.5.8 on HP nc6000 :)

In the process of searching for a bluetooth mouse for my iPad2, I bought a Magic Mouse and it works beautifully with my jailbroken iPad2 + BTStack Mouse.

Later I learned that this Magic Mouse is compatible with 10.5.8 as long as Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0 (36.2MB) is installed, and which I did (many times).

However, I can only get the Magic Mouse fully working with this Leopard (10.5.8 + WMSU 1.0) after I logged in and ran the WMSU 1.0, after that I will Force Quit the WMSU 1.0 installer. As long as I do not power off the Leopard, the Magic Mouse works 100% and with tap-to-click (left and right) using MagicPrefs 1.9.2.

I have performed Permission Repair and also have used Pacifist to extract the WMSU 1.0's extensions files and performed Permission Repair many times, but no luck.

I also learned from many guides that I need to jot down the USB Bluetooth info in System Profiler to enter them (convert from hex to dec) as idProduct and idVendor into IOBluetoothFamily.kext -> Contents -> PlugIns -> BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext -> Contents -> info.plist . However, doing so will cause my Leopard show "Bluetooth not available".

I do not clearly understand the following:

When using the working IOBluetoothFamily.kext (as attached), the System Profiler shows it as CSR (as attached), however I know that nc6000 is using Broadcom bluetooth module BCM2045NMD according to HP.com. However, the USB section shows it as ACTIONTEC, and I have converted its ids to dec; (idProduct:134, idVendor:1183)

I went and modified the IOBluetoothFamily.kext from the WMSU 1.0 but it will show the same error and I cannot use any bluetooth device.

I am very sure I missed some steps some where along the way, appreciate it if you can help me.

Thanks so much

IOBluetoothFamily.kext.fromWMSU 1.0.zip

post-758972-0-47393200-1337766985_thumb.png

post-758972-0-93926600-1337766999_thumb.png

IOBluetoothFamily.kext.zip

IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

if you want a stock solution, without having to modify anything on the software AND want wake-on-click, try this:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=252958

Hi nathandw,

Thanks for the great guide. I have read thru the guide and it seems more relevant to (solder) install a bluetooth module into a laptop computer ( OSX86 ), it would be great if the guide will show me how to modify the IOBluetoothFamily.kext so that I do not need to install the WMSU 1.0 on my 10.5.8 everytime I log in.

Thanks,

I would like to provide some updates:

I have followed an instruction from another forum (sorry I did not jot down the URL) to make sure that there is no occurrence of (1)Microsoft Mouse ..., (2) Logitech Mouse .... or (3) USBOverdrive... exist in the S\L\E.

I happen to discover that if my 10.5.8 start up in Safe Mode (boot -x), its bluetooth and the Magic Mouse work perfectly.

I guess some kexts is conflicting with IOBluetoothFamily.kext or some other bluetooth related kext.

Appreciate it if someone can help me in solving this problem.

Thanks

• 4 years later...

I converted an old integrated HP Bluetooth Module from a laptop to USB and it runs the mouse brilliantly!

I also have an old BTsomething USB adapter and even it works with it!

SticMAC

Hi Jimmy. What process did you use to convert the integrated laptop bluetooth to USB?

• 6 months later...

I have a 3 year old intel based Hackintosh. I have had intermittent issues with my Magic mouse for most of that time.  I am using a Broadcom Bluetooth adapter (chipset 20702A3) which works natively, or is supposed to.  I recently upgraded to Sierra and I decided to sort out the Magic mouse.  My issue is that the mouse connects but does not pair.  I just want to share how I sorted it out in the hope that it helps someone.  My issues started because in my wisdom I decided to triple boot with a single disk and I wanted to use the same mouse and keyboard for all.  This kind of worked.  Windows and Ubuntu worked fine every boot but OSX had a fit each time I booted back in.  Ok, I don't offer an explanation, just what worked out in the end.

1. Plug in USB mouse, switch off Magic mouse

2. Delete mouse from Bluetooth preferences

3. Delete com.apple.Bluetooth.plist from <system>/Library/Preferences/

4. Delete com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse.plist / com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.trackpad.plist / com.apple.driver.AppleHIDMouse.plist from <system>/Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/

5. Shutdown 

6. Remove bluetooth adapter (remembering which USB it was in)

7. Power up and login

8. Shutdown

9. Replace bluetooth adapter in the same USB

10. Power back up

11. Open Bluetooth preferences

12. While pressing the magic mouse button, switch on

13. When it connects, hit pair

14. Release mouse button

15. Paired and working, now goto mouse settings and setup.

This is what worked for me, and represents several hours of discovery, I hope it also works for anyone having Magic Mouse "Pairing" issues.  I know most mac's only need steps 1-3 but for me I needed all 15.

PS - This should also fix screwed up Magic Mouse with limited function, which is connected and paired - though perhaps try steps 1-3 first, then progress until problem solved.

• Like 1