save imac g4 project

blugray

55 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

Impossibly nice!

Would like to get a defect iMac G4, too... Would use the zotac atom 330 with 9400m graphics, too, but would install snow leopard on it (I think it's a MUST on this beautiful computer!)..

But how did you get this screen to work ?

Could you please write a full tutorial maybe ? Would be great!

That's a sweet mod, thumbs up!

Kind regards from Germany..

How did you wire up the LCD? I'm guessing you bought a standard desktop LCD that would fit in the casing.

That methods is simple, and I recommend.

But my method is recycling original LCD pannel.

At first, I bought a proper AD board for original LCD pannel.

Impossibly nice!

Would like to get a defect iMac G4, too... Would use the zotac atom 330 with 9400m graphics, too, but would install snow leopard on it (I think it's a MUST on this beautiful computer!)..

But how did you get this screen to work ?

Could you please write a full tutorial maybe ? Would be great!

That's a sweet mod, thumbs up!

Kind regards from Germany..

The most hard process of this mod is to work LCD.

At first I got a proper AD board for original LCD pannel.

and then did extension LCD signal cable and inverter cable by soldering for passage into neck part.

Refer to my blog and ask again.

Good luck!

That methods is simple, and I recommend.

But my method is recycling original LCD pannel.

At first, I bought a proper AD board for original LCD pannel.

The most hard process of this mod is to work LCD.

At first I got a proper AD board for original LCD pannel.

and then did extension LCD signal cable and inverter cable by soldering for passage into neck part.

Refer to my blog and ask again.

Good luck!

Holy cow you managed to get the original display working?!!! That is amazing!! People have been trying to work that out for years! Serious cudos!

• 3 weeks later...

I must admit. I'm extremely impressed. I'm interested in doing one myself. However, it appears that this is a pc in mac clothing, correct?

If not, i'm definitely interested in modifying one so that I can run the most recent (hopefully snow leopard) OS on it. There has been chatter of putting the innards of a mac mini inside one of these. Has anyone here done this?

thanks in advance!

i'm working hard to adapt G4 powermac case to invite a mini-itx motherboard.

as soon as possible I'll post my work.

I've a question: in the 2 lateral panels, which have the apple plastic logo, I found 2 metallic terminal (2x4cm) with a long wire. that wire arrives to the motherboard with the typical connector for the wifi.

but.. is is a very powerful wifi antenna? can I reuse it?

I must admit. I'm extremely impressed. I'm interested in doing one myself. However, it appears that this is a pc in mac clothing, correct?

If not, i'm definitely interested in modifying one so that I can run the most recent (hopefully snow leopard) OS on it. There has been chatter of putting the innards of a mac mini inside one of these. Has anyone here done this?

thanks in advance!

Yes, this is a pc in imac g4 clothing.

I think mac mini in imac g4 clothing is very difficult.

If wants to use snow leopard, I recommend hakintoshi method.

i'm working hard to adapt G4 powermac case to invite a mini-itx motherboard.

as soon as possible I'll post my work.

I've a question: in the 2 lateral panels, which have the apple plastic logo, I found 2 metallic terminal (2x4cm) with a long wire. that wire arrives to the motherboard with the typical connector for the wifi.

but.. is is a very powerful wifi antenna? can I reuse it?

I'm sorry I have no idea.

I think that is old fashioned and wifi component is not expensive.

I recommend replacing new one.

Hello Mr.Blugray i have a question for you that i think every one here is most interested in what is the exact model. of the LCD controller and inverter kit and wiring setup in order to reuse the same LCD we would love to know this please respond or if anyone could let me know here's my email address str8805ballin@gmail.com i really want to order this for our computer lab project Go Green Recycle Your Screen Ive seen one that turns you LCD into a TV but that's not what I'm looking for although it would be nice to know some info.

Thank you very much sir and thread people for taking the time to read this.

Recently there are many ADboard kits for recycling LCD.

I bought this ADboard kit in auction site in Korea.

I'll give you the auction site link, although little helpful to you.

http://itempage.auction.co.kr/DetailView.a...mp;frm=itempage

I recommend to find similar ADboard kits in ebay or else.

If you have any question, ask me again.

Recently there are many ADboard kits for recycling LCD.

I bought this ADboard kit in auction site in Korea.

I'll give you the auction site link, although little helpful to you.

http://itempage.auction.co.kr/DetailView.a...mp;frm=itempage

I recommend to find similar ADboard kits in ebay or else.

If you have any question, ask me again.

Thank you very much Mr.Blugray for the reply ive been trying to create an account for the past hour but i cant read Korean but i do see the same one you have i will keep trying on ebay and hopefuly i will find the same one you have. if any one out their has any leads just leave a message or email me str8805ballin@gmail.com thank you very mucho Sr.Blugray por toda su' ayuda.

Thank you very much Mr.Blugray for the reply ive been trying to create an account for the past hour but i cant read Korean but i do see the same one you have i will keep trying on ebay and hopefuly i will find the same one you have. if any one out their has any leads just leave a message or email me str8805ballin@gmail.com thank you very mucho Sr.Blugray por toda su' ayuda.

Additionally you'll need more signal cables & inverter cables for extension.

Additionally you'll need more signal cables & inverter cables for extension.

okay then i will some extra cables i was thinking i might so that i could run the cables threw the neck down to the AD/board thanks for the info but im still stuck @ the same place tho trying to figure out which AD/board and controller as the ones that i found are sold separately costing over $100 thats way to much and i still need to figure out the pin alignment from screen to board.

Put a Mac mini into it. It's miniITX too.

i dont think that's what people are looking for on this thread we are wanting to get the LCD to work as a stand alone LCD so that you are able to use it on any machine with a VGA connection their for the answer to your comment would be possible if you look at blugray's pics that's the motherboard that we are trying to work with and he has already done this its just very difficult..

okay then i will some extra cables i was thinking i might so that i could run the cables threw the neck down to the AD/board thanks for the info but im still stuck @ the same place tho trying to figure out which AD/board and controller as the ones that i found are sold separately costing over $100 thats way to much and i still need to figure out the pin alignment from screen to board.

Before buying ADboard kit, you must confirm that ADboard kit match to your LCD pannel.

In my case, two LCD signal cables were simply connected line to line by soldering.

I used name tag for exact connection of line.

• 3 weeks later...