GMA4500 Solved Native Resolution!

djhansel

107 posts in this topic

Here's a fix for the GMA4500, its been out there in different threats but here is what i used in my inspiron 1545 with GMA4500 dev id: 2A42.

Try it and let me know if it works. :)

Now for CI/QE is there any way to start developing a driver for this card since apple is not intending to use it in the future. I don't have any experience making drivers, but if somebody that has a little knowledge on the subject points me in the right direction I'm going to try to get it done...

There's a lot of laptops that use this card and it would be nice to have CI/QE on them.

I almost forgot.... :huh:

Use the kexthelper to install the kext files and put the DSDT.aml on the root of your drive. reboot with -f flag, and you should have native resolution without any artifacts..

GMA4500_Native_Resolution.zip

Here's a fix for the GMA4500, its been out there in different threats but here is what i used in my inspiron 1545 with GMA4500 dev id: 2A42.

Now for CI/QE is there any way to start developing a driver for this card since apple is not intending to use it in the future. I don't have any experience making drivers, but if somebody that has a little knowledge on the subject points me in the right direction I'm going to try to get it done...

There's a lot of laptops that use this card and it would be nice to have CI/QE on them.

I almost forgot.... :)

Use the kexthelper to install the kext files and put the DSDT.aml on the root of your drive. reboot with -f flag, and you should have native resolution without any artifacts..

Thanks I'll try this out on my Dell E6400 and post the results.

Hopefully I could start programming for the iPhone :(

In this thread a google code project for development of CI/QE for X4500 is started:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=192204

well...project on google is 'dead' no1 posting any new news about x4500....what else we can do...only 1 thing...

wait and cross fingers that some new macbook release will have x4500 chipset inside, i dont think that any1 will devel driver from zero... i hope that some1 will....but lets be real :D

• 2 weeks later...

My Computer is a Dell Inspiron 1545, I believe I installed Iatkos 10.5.7, or IPC and then update and applied the kexts and is running like a charm.... of course no qe/ci.

About that....

I don't have any experience developing any kind of drivers, but with the right tools to develop in osx we could study how the gma950 and the gma3100 are made and just change values and the Ids for the gma4500. they are video cards, is not like we are trying to make a video driver from a sound driver....... also they are the same manufacturer and family so they shouldn't be so different one from another.

Is there anybody that may know a lil bit more about the subject and could correct me if am wrong.

I almost forgot.... :)

How do i put the DSDT.aml on the root? it says the item cannot be replaced because it's invisible.. any help will be appreciated =)

Hello, i read this forum since more one year, when I bought the laptop Sony Vaio VGN-FW170J

The graphic card is Intel GMA 4500MHD, with a native resolution of 1600x900 Id. 0x2a42

Actualy i have idenev 10.5.8 in external HD USB. Previously i have idenev 10.5.6 in the same HD. In both i only can 1024X768 resolution.

I have tried many, many kext 3100 modified, post in this forum and in Kext.com but I CANT GET MY NATIVE RESOLUTION.

Please if anybody have the same laptop and graphic card and has obtained native resolution 1600x900, i was very ben grateful if can send me the working kext.

Ya estoy desesperado!!!

Sorry for my bad english.

Hi djhansel,

I just wanted to thank you; as this fix not only brought ALL of the resolutions available on the laptop (Compaq CQ60) back to Leopard; but it also enabled the external monitor support which is GREAT!

Thanks a bunch. And keep up the great work :)

Hey,

Thanks for the up! It works perfectly and I get native resolution... with one problem. For whatever reason, the refresh rate of my laptop LCD is stuck at 49-50Hz and I can't bump it up to 60Hz (not even with "Graphics Mode"="1440x900x32@60" on boot). Therefore, there's ugly blue lines all over my screen, making this unusable. Is there any way to force a refresh rate?

Hello, i read this forum since more one year, when I bought the laptop Sony Vaio VGN-FW170J

The graphic card is Intel GMA 4500MHD, with a native resolution of 1600x900 Id. 0x2a42

Actualy i have idenev 10.5.8 in external HD USB. Previously i have idenev 10.5.6 in the same HD. In both i only can 1024X768 resolution.

I have tried many, many kext 3100 modified, post in this forum and in Kext.com but I CANT GET MY NATIVE RESOLUTION.

Please if anybody have the same laptop and graphic card and has obtained native resolution 1600x900, i was very ben grateful if can send me the working kext.

Ya estoy desesperado!!!

Sorry for my bad english.

Please help me,

why that does not work on my laptop, perhaps because is 16:9 aspect ratio?