biostar tp35d2-a7 (ich9), wpn311, nvidia 8800 gts 10.6 snow leopard resource

el lissitzky

8 posts in this topic

biostar tp35d2-a7 (ich9), wpn311, nvidia 8800 gts 10.6 snow leopard resource

*update* well its been a bit of a trip but trial and error with some kexts have gotten me a long way on the [biostar tp35d2-a7].

i've finally solved my last problem. i was using a dsdt for another board and that was causing my wirless to not show any networks on either cards i tried. maybe i'll document this in detail at a later date.

post-436441-1252896514_thumb.jpg

trying to upgrade to SL on a biostar tp35d2-a7 (uncommon board) with the Chameleon 2 RC3 r658 Installation Package.

i was getting a KP at appleintelcpupowermanagement but using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext fixed that.

my new KP looks like this and i'm not sure where to start.

any ideas?

post-436441-1252896514_thumb.jpg

I had the exact same Kernel Panic. You just have to change the advanced settings/drive configuration and disabled auto mode (bios). That worked with my mobo.

Regards;

Efrén.

ha, thanks. well it now loads the grey screen but it's just beach ballin to no where.

Are you doing a fresh install of SL to a blank partition?

I'm also running the same Biostar P35 board, currently with iDeneb OSX 10.5.8 installed.

The motherboard's latest bios version, dated July 2008, seems to have disabled the onboard LAN under OSX.

So I'm using a 10/100 PCI LAN card instead.

That board doesn't support AHCI mode, so there's extra work involved in getting SL properly installed.

Are you doing a fresh install of SL to a blank partition?

I'm also running the same Biostar P35 board, currently with iDeneb OSX 10.5.8 installed.

The motherboard's latest bios version, dated July 2008, seems to have disabled the onboard LAN under OSX.

So I'm using a 10/100 PCI LAN card instead.

That board doesn't support AHCI mode, so there's extra work involved in getting SL properly installed.

well i yoinked a bunch of kexts from another motherboard tutorial and i'm installed.

now i just don't have access to my hd's.

Your KP screenshot shows it's using a Leopard 9.7 kernel. You should be using 10.x kernel from/for Snow Leopard.

Your KP screenshot shows it's using a Leopard 9.7 kernel. You should be using 10.x kernel from/for Snow Leopard.

weird, my system.kext in the extension folder checks out as 10.0.

in any case i've gotten into the system, after jumbling through kexts i got my HD's to work in SL but now i realize i have no idea how to get my geforce 8800 or my enlwi-n wireless to work.

for some reason the system will only boot off of a USB drive and not an internal partition, when i try to boot a mirror of the system on my internal i get the previous error i posted.

i also used a similar chipset dsdt and that fixed my cmos problem, should i be worried that i didn't customise it at all?

my "still waiting for root..." problem was a confliction with jmicron and the pata driver i think.

so i'm able to get into my SATA installation but i can't get my wifi card to work. and i just realized that the core2duo is a 64bit procesor (i've had it for 3 years).i'm considering just buying another board that has a good guide to it so i will have wifi and 64 support.