ATI x1600 71c2 fully working at 10.5.8

Flexstarr

16 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

some minutes ago I was able to get the x1600 to run with QE and resolution change with iAtkos v7 updated to 10.5.8.

The attached files are a mix of what I've found around this forum and original Apple files.

Often rebooted and tried what was working with each other and finally it worked!

bild1jtzm.png

I deleted all ATI* files in /System/Library/Extensions - maybe it's important!

This is for the 71c2 512MB AGP version, feel free to try ...

There you go -> Files

Edit: password is flexstarr

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, I was hoping maybe you could spoon-feed me. It took me FOREVER just to get Mac OS X working on my Asus Z96j, and I was content that it was even working, but I can't take the 1024x768 resolution anymore.

Do I just drop all these files you've posted into the /Sys/Lib/Extensions folder and delete the ones you said you deleted?

Sorry for being so lazy but I've read and searched and I just don't have the time anymore.

Yes, delete all ATI related files in /S/L/E and replace them with the files included in my archive.

If you are using the same gfx card like mine, everything should go well.. but hey.. no guarantee :whistle:

But at first boot after install I got 1024x768 without any changes.. !

Yes, delete all ATI related files in /S/L/E and replace them with the files included in my archive.

If you are using the same gfx card like mine, everything should go well.. but hey.. no guarantee ;)

But at first boot after install I got 1024x768 without any changes.. !

Flex, thanks for the reply! After looking a little closer, I don't have the same card as you :D !!! I have the 256MB version (0x71c5). I tried replacing the files before I noticed the diff (just dragged & dropped) and all I got was an Apple on the gray screen with a progress indicator that just kept spinning and spinning and spinning. Had to reinstall to get back to a working 1024x768 :D

Thanks for your reply, though.

Flexstarr could you please repost on another server?

Also, is there anyway you could modify the files to work for PCIe, I'd do it myself, but I don't know how.

If you told me how I'd do it too. I'm using iAtkos 10.5.7 and I'm gonna update to 10.5.8 today :thumbsup_anim:

I'm really new to this Mac OSX hacking and I really need help.

I've gotten it to work with CI and DVI (DVI isn't important to me at all). But I need QE to make some programs I wanna try work. I've spent about two weeks getting all my hardware to work properly and everything is running perfectly except graphics... PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!! :(

Thanks

I've edited the download link at my first post on top!

Here are enough tutorials how to change the needed files for the different versions like 71c1 71c2 ... just use the search ;)

Sorry, but you have a password on the archive... :(

Oh never mind.

Figured out the password. Thanks. :thumbsup_anim:

works but im having a bit of an issue when waking up from sleep, sometimes i dont get the display back, but im gonna try a few things before i write it off

well, now i dont get display anytime on resume from sleep, the machine is on and everything works just no display, any ideas?

Hi folks,

Can i use this kext for snow leopard 10,6??? i'm going slightly maddd :(((

if not, where can i find this kext? i looked for it in any place :( please somwone help me if know something about it

:(

some minutes ago I was able to get the x1600 to run with QE and resolution change with iAtkos v7 updated to 10.5.8.

The attached files are a mix of what I've found around this forum and original Apple files.

Often rebooted and tried what was working with each other and finally it worked!

bild1jtzm.png

There you go -> Files

Edit: password is flexstarr

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a Crucial Radeon x1600 Pro AGP id 71ce, have replaced the files provided in this thread and changed the id in x1000.kext plist but on reboot all I get is the stuck spinning gear (also tied Callisto b003 method). What permissions do I need to set and how? Also previous threads and Callisto install method have mentioned deleting these files before reboot.

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.window*

/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.window*

/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.pref*

/System/Library/Extensions.mkext

/System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

Is this necessary? Any help will be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup_anim:

ASROCK P4I65G

P4 2.8 PRESCOTT HT

CRUCIAL RADEON x1600 Pro AGP - ID: 0x71ce

2GB DDR RAM

SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY

iATKOS v7