GUID for GA-P35-DS3L REV:2.0 Vanilla Snow Leopard!

swede420

74 posts in this topic

Now you can install retail Snow Leopard and enjoy!

1:Download this

GA-P35-DS3L

2:Rebuild your retail installation DVD on your hard drive or a USB flash drive.(can not boot the DVD itself)

3:Install BootThink 2.3

http://www.apple163.com/thread-1476-1-1.html

4:Customize com.apple.boot.plist and smbios.plist so that they match your hardware. Edit dsdt.aml too if you dont have Nvidia 9400 Gt.

5.Copy all kexts and so on to respective directory on your BootThink 2.3 Drive or wherever you installed BootThink 2.3.

6.Boot with your Pc with BootThink and boot of your rebuild from 2. (If you don't see your rebuild from 2. in the GUI of BootThink press F8 ant enter #p=+ and restart)

7.Install and reboot with BootThink and choose the hard or partition you installed Snow Leopard.(Your hard must be GUID Partition Scheme)

8.Enjoy!

Hi friend, could you please post a easy guide for this installation, the link in mediafire is broken, please provide another link, thanks :D

GA-P35-DS3L

2:Rebuild your retail installation DVD on your hard drive or a hard drive.(can not boot the DVD itself)

4:Make any changes you want to com.apple.boot.plist and smbios.plist. Edit dsdt.aml too if you dont have Nvidia 9400 Gt.

5.Copy all kexts and so on to respective directory on your BootThink 2.3 Drive or wherever you installed BootThink 2.3.

6.Boot with your Pc with BootThink and boot of your rebuild from 2. (If you don't see your rebuild from 2. in the GUI of BootThink press F8 ant enter #p=+ and restart)

7.Install and reboot with BootThink and choose the hard or partition you installed Snow Leopard.(Your hard must be GUID Partition Scheme)

8.Enjoy!

GA-P35-DS3L

2:Rebuild your retail installation DVD on your hard drive or a USB flash drive.(can not boot the DVD itself)

4:Customize com.apple.boot.plist and smbios.plist so that they match your hardware. Edit dsdt.aml too if you dont have Nvidia 9400 Gt.

8.Enjoy!

Could you please send the file to me : GA-P35-DS3L

because I cannot access to mediafire.com

thats a really big problem

thanks very much

my email is sylerzhou@gmail.com

thanks in advance!

plese plese

Hi HaChInToSh ( or anyone who tried this),

I've got the same motherboard you have : P35 DS3L rev 2.

I've installed Snow Leopard and I've used your DSDT.aml and later another one created by me but the audio does not work.

In About this mac appears this:

ID del dispositivo: 0x1458A002

ID de audio: 12

Dispositivos disponibles:

Salida de línea:

Conexión: Conector de 1/8 de pulgada

Micrófono externo:

Micrófono externo:

Auriculares:

Salida S/P-DIF:

Conexión: Combinado

Entrada S/P-DIF:

But when I get into system preferences --> Sound--> no device appears in output or input.

In S/L I've got AppleHDA.kext

In Extra--> Extensions I've got LegacyHDA

Did you modify, edit or add any kext ?

Thanks in advance.

I have been running osx86 since 10.5.1 days, and my system has been through many different ways and methods. This was the first time I tried to do a vanilla install. It wasn't too difficult. I am on a DS3L v2.0-F9 bios

Anyone who is having trouble, spend the 2 hours learning how to make the DSDT and you will be good to go!

I also couldn't get the 8800GT running using DSDT. EFI string is the way to go there. Ethernet and audio were all I put in (plus the fixes).

On my system, everything including 5.1 audio works properly. The only issue I am still having is sleep issues. I've read in the previous thread that it is working, but I've been reading so many over the past week I may be remembering incorrectly. ;)

Is sleep still hit and miss at the moment? Basically, it sleeps and then won't wake up. Ideas?

Ant

Does your mKext contain an extension that allows IDE drives to be read? As you can see in my sig I haven't been able to access an IDE drive that I use to share files with Windows. However I have no such problem with 10.5.8. Thanks

Hi HaChInToSh ( or anyone who tried this),

I've got the same motherboard you have : P35 DS3L rev 2.

I've installed Snow Leopard and I've used your DSDT.aml and later another one created by me but the audio does not work.

In About this mac appears this:

ID del dispositivo: 0x1458A002

ID de audio: 12

Dispositivos disponibles:

Salida de línea:

Micrófono externo:

Micrófono externo:

Auriculares:

Salida S/P-DIF:

Entrada S/P-DIF:

But when I get into system preferences --> Sound--> no device appears in output or input.

In S/L I've got AppleHDA.kext

In Extra--> Extensions I've got LegacyHDA

Did you modify, edit or add any kext ?

Thanks in advance.

I have not modified anything. It is strange. I dont know what the problem might be!

Does your mKext contain an extension that allows IDE drives to be read? As you can see in my sig I haven't been able to access an IDE drive that I use to share files with Windows. However I have no such problem with 10.5.8. Thanks

I have not done that. But i have an IDE DVD drive and it is working well!

¡¡¡¡EUREKA!!!! ¡¡¡I MADE IT!!!

I made a clean installation.

I upgraded 10.6.1

I installed Chameleon 2RC 3

and I put the kext's in the Extra folder and have sound

Thank you for your help.

Which kexts are you using? Can you pack them up in a .zip file and post them here so we can download them? I'm desperately trying to get SL working on my GA-P35-DS3L rev. 2.0.

Which kexts are you using? Can you pack them up in a .zip file and post them here so we can download them? I'm desperately trying to get SL working on my GA-P35-DS3L rev. 2.0.

I used the very same kext set downloaded from this post and get SL work 100%. Using the guide by blackosx though.

post-243453-1253849176_thumb.jpg

post-243453-1253849628_thumb.jpg

This is my extra folder

Extra.zip

This is a set of LegacyHDA with different configurations that you may try to see which one u like the most

LegacyHDA_888__ALC888_.zip

I am using a USB flash drive install to a USB HD and I get 100% failure at 11% installation.

I wish I knew what I was doing wrong.

1. Use the Boot-CD method.

2. Make sure that your SL Install DVD is burnt right ( low speed with verification )

3. Your destination disk must be on SATA 0

4. Do not install any printer driver. you can install the driver for your specific printer later on

Snow Gigabyte P35 DS3L v2

We need to create a file from Leopard DSDT.aml basic (at least with the correction of Device (RTC) so it does not unconfigurate the bios on every boot).I also added audio and graphics.

Restart with SLBoot

Change cd SLBoot for dvd Snow 10a432

Install (unchecking printers in Customize)

Reboot after installation, again changing the DVD Snow for cd SLBoot

Configure

Upgrading to 10.6.1 and rebooting

Install Chameleon 2RC 3

In the Extra folder create another folder called Extensions and install kext's:

AHCIPortInjector

fakesmc (version 2)

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

JMicronATA

LegacyHDA

NullCPUPowerManagement

OpenHaltRestart

PlatformUUID

SleepEnabler

Also put DSDT.aml Extra, com, apple.Boot.plist and smbios.plist (modify the settings according to your Hardware)

Install and run kext Utility 2.3.2

Reboot .... And enjoy.

Note:

Every time I used to restart my computer the Bios used to unconfigurate until I used DSDT.aml

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R3VFU736

One of the previous times I installed Snow Leopard on my system I used the USB boot drive method. The dsdt.aml file I made only had the CMOS fix and, of course, when the computer would sleep I would get the sleep/wake USB device removal problem upon waking the system. Other than that, the system was perfect. So, I added the SATA fix and EHCI USB fix to my dsdt.aml. In a way that fixed the device removal problem, but only because sleep didn't work after that.

I've now abandoned the USB boot drive method. For my most recent installation I restored the Snow Leopard install disc image to a 10GB Cham partition and then installed the bootloader to that same partition. No more USB. Now I use my dsdt.aml file without the SATA or EHCI USB fixes and the computer sleeps and wakes just fine. I didn't really fix the USB problem, I just don't use any USB drives anymore so I don't get the warning...give and take I guess.

Anyway, I'm curious as to whether other people with this board have the device removal problem and how they've corrected it. With the EHCI USB fix, has anyone else had problems with sleep not working?

Snow Gigabyte P35 DS3L v2

We need to create a file from Leopard DSDT.aml basic (at least with the correction of Device (RTC) so it does not unconfigurate the bios on every boot).I also added audio and graphics.

Restart with SLBoot

Change cd SLBoot for dvd Snow 10a432

Install (unchecking printers in Customize)

Reboot after installation, again changing the DVD Snow for cd SLBoot

Configure

Upgrading to 10.6.1 and rebooting

Install Chameleon 2RC 3

In the Extra folder create another folder called Extensions and install kext's:

AHCIPortInjector

fakesmc (version 2)

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

JMicronATA

LegacyHDA

NullCPUPowerManagement

OpenHaltRestart

PlatformUUID

SleepEnabler

Also put DSDT.aml Extra, com, apple.Boot.plist and smbios.plist (modify the settings according to your Hardware)

Install and run kext Utility 2.3.2

Reboot .... And enjoy.

Note:

Every time I used to restart my computer the Bios used to unconfigurate until I used DSDT.aml

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R3VFU736

Uzmi, I could KISS YOU! I finally got Snow Leopard up and running 100% on my P35-DS3L rev 2.0 using this little guide and your download (specifically your DSDT.aml file).

Two issues : your DSDT.aml file specifies your nVidia 9400, which I don't have. I have an nVidia 8800 GTX with 768 megs of memory. Does it really matter? Even though the system profiler said I had a 9400 video card, I could play videos, World of Warcraft, etc. without any issues at all. I guess I should build a native DSDT.aml file with built in support for my 8800 GTX but I find the whole process daunting and confusing.

Also - Chameleon seems to be booting in "verbose" mode - I get every single text output before OSX boots. Forgive me if I should know this, but what do I modify so that Chameleon just stays in the GUI and boots Snow Leopard? Duh, I just removed -v from the com.apple.Boot.plist - how dumb am I?

Thanks again for this information - after 3 frustrating days I am finally running Snow Leopard.

Now for the daunting task of copying my working install onto a software raid array (4 x 2TB drives)

Sean

Uzmi, I could KISS YOU! I finally got Snow Leopard up and running 100% on my P35-DS3L rev 2.0 using this little guide and your download (specifically your DSDT.aml file).

Two issues : your DSDT.aml file specifies your nVidia 9400, which I don't have. I have an nVidia 8800 GTX with 768 megs of memory. Does it really matter? Even though the system profiler said I had a 9400 video card, I could play videos, World of Warcraft, etc. without any issues at all. I guess I should build a native DSDT.aml file with built in support for my 8800 GTX but I find the whole process daunting and confusing.

Also - Chameleon seems to be booting in "verbose" mode - I get every single text output before OSX boots. Forgive me if I should know this, but what do I modify so that Chameleon just stays in the GUI and boots Snow Leopard? Duh, I just removed -v from the com.apple.Boot.plist - how dumb am I?

Thanks again for this information - after 3 frustrating days I am finally running Snow Leopard.

Now for the daunting task of copying my working install onto a software raid array (4 x 2TB drives)

Sean

Use

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZYOHZYK7

That did it , thanks Uzmi!

I'm typing from 64 bit SL, with the right video card info. Everything (sleep, etc) works great and I do see a difference in speed over Leopard. I was even able to get this Snow Leopard install onto an 8 TB Raid-0 array (4 x 2TB drives)!

The only issue I have at all (not a big deal, just slightly annoying) is that I hear a tiny... thump? click? before system sounds like emptying the trash, etc.

Everything else, sleep, USB, drives... everything just works flawlessly.

Thanks so much for everyone's help and advice with this!