[How To]Radeon X1600 (71c0-71c5) in SL 32/64Bit

3rr0rists

42 posts in this topic

Update:

This installer will work for Radeon X1600 with Dev ID “71C2″ and maybe with Dev id 71c0, 71c1, 71c3, 71c4 and 71c5 too.

x1600_snow_leopard.jpg

Have been tested with Radeon X1600 Dev ID “71C2″ on Snow Leopard 10.6.5 64Bit. QE/CI/Rotations/Resolutions are Full Supported.

Attentions : Just select only “one” Device ID when install !!!

How to install

Just Download Radeon x1600 series installer for snow leopard from HERE and select on your device id and then reboot.

x1600_snow_leopard_64bit.jpg

Thanks to EVO Teams for evoenabler.

SS:

radeon_x1600_64bit.jpg

=============================================================

Download all Attachment and extract

Dev ID 71c2

just copy all kext to /System/Library/Extensions folder.

and do this in terminal :

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions

sudo kextcache -v 1 -m /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions (Note : This has to be in one line , not two separate lines)

Reboot

Other Device ID, like 71c5

open ATIinject.kext/Contents/Info.plist with textedit

find :

<key>ATY,DeviceID</key>
<integer>0x71c2</integer>

and replace 0x71c2 with your DeviceID

Save.

Open ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist with textedit

Find :

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x71871002 0x72101002 0x71DE1002 0x71461002 0x71421002 0x71091002 0x71C51002 0x71C21002 0x72401002 0x72491002 0x72911002</string>

and replace 0x71c2 with your DeviceID

like this :

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x71C21002</string>

Note : 71C2 its my DevID.

copy all kext to /System/Library/Extensions folder.

and do this in terminal :

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions

sudo kextcache -v 1 -m /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions (Note : This has to be in one line , not two separate lines)

Reboot

All QE/CI/Rotation now Supported

Regard

ok, just for my own clarification, this is to make it so that my 71c5 will work properly in SL correct? sorry for the remedial question, but I stumbled on to a horror story or two on the apple discussion page and found my way here as a possible solution. also, most of this seems very over my head, if this is a workaround for a potential problem on SL I may need some more help making sure I do this properly. sorry... and hopefully thanks in advance.

Just tried this kexts with my x1650 Pro, even though it is not the same card per se. Got resolution working, and is recognized in System Profiler, but no QE/CI. I cannot change ATIRadeonX1000 with my DeviceID like the guide says because I get a kernel panic if I do so. Any way to add my Device ID (which is 71c7) to ATIRadeonX1000 safely so it does not panic?

This worked GREAT - I went into all of the Info.plist files and changed all references of 71C2 to my 71C4 (ATI Radeon X1600 Mobility on a Thinkpad T60p) and *poof* perfect display quality with resolution & frequency change! Previously I had QE/CI enabled, but there were artifacts and my mouse would distort and disappear whenever I played any movies full screen (Quick View worked fine though) or a screen saver started up. All fixed :)

So what exactly did you do and what files did you modify? Now that 10.6.1 is out (I knew this would happen, get everything finally working and an update would appear) what do we need to do to upgrade? Can we just do the upgrade overwriting the included 4 ATI kexts and just go in and readd our device id since your ATIinject appears to be doing all of the work? Or did you do something to modify the kexts themselves beyond text edits?

Thanks again! :(

yep same on my computer no luck whit QE/CI. x1600 pro thanks any how man

Try using the latest Atindrv that came before 10.5.8 update,

use EVOenabler with the info in plist that you used in 10.5.x on ATiinject

... and patch (hex edited) the atiradeonx1000 with your device id (for example on mine i had to replace all instances of DE71 with D571) then also add the device id in the info.plist

replace in ATISupport info.plist 0x00001002&0x0000FFFF with (ex of mine: 0x71d51002&0x0000FFFF)

you can remove AtiRadeonx1600.controller

that's it

• 2 weeks later...

Dear 3rr0rists,

I installed your files into my iAtkos 10.5.8 system running your 0x71c2steps except the last commands didn't work... so I rebooted anyway and crossed my fingers and it booted just fine... I mean it had to do a lot of different things setting up, but over all it works! Thank you... But I still have one problem, no Quartz extreme... Right Eye explained how you could fix it, but honestly I didn't understand what he meant. Please an easier explanation or tutorial would be greatly appreciated (maybe even with Links... sorry for asking for so much, but I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to editing kext's for graphic cards.)

Thank you!

Dear 3rr0rists,

I installed your files into my iAtkos 10.5.8 system running your 0x71c2steps except the last commands didn't work... so I rebooted anyway and crossed my fingers and it booted just fine... I mean it had to do a lot of different things setting up, but over all it works! Thank you... But I still have one problem, no Quartz extreme... Right Eye explained how you could fix it, but honestly I didn't understand what he meant. Please an easier explanation or tutorial would be greatly appreciated (maybe even with Links... sorry for asking for so much, but I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to editing kext's for graphic cards.)

Thank you!

I ended up using the drivers from this post, instead.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1288231

Picture%201.png

^_^

i'm going to crazy i've got os x snow leopard 10.6

my id 0x71ce

when i done the first sudo indicate in this guide i've got this problem

sh-3.2# sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions

sh-3.2#

sh-3.2# sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions

sh-3.2#

sh-3.2# sudo kextcache -v 1 -m /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions

InternalModemSupport.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.

JMicronATA.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.

why??? sorry but i'm a neofit....pleas someone help me to know :D

how can i do? thanks always

is it so impossible to have help?

thanks to who will may give me some information about my problem

p.s. deconseve, with your solution snow leopard 10.6 don't reboot

Well I think most people don't use this card series anymore like they used to, otherwise we would have more threads about it. I have an X1650 and have yet to find a working solution to enable QE/CI. If the only available instructions found here don't work, then I suggest to be a little patient and wait for another how to or get a new video card if you want to use SL.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I was trying a lot of things to make by Asus x1600 XT work. I installed all 3rr0rists Kext files.

Modded all things that were mentioned from him for my device ID 71c0. But no luck,

the repair permission and the kextcache update did not prevent from the always upcoming

kernel panic of the AtiRadeon1000.kext. So I decided to modify the Apple 10.6.2 original

ATIRadeonX1000.kext again for my 71c0 ATI X1600. Now I could boot up without kernel panic. But the screen display

does not work properly. My GFX card ist recognized as X1600 Pro by AtIinject.kext boot message

Could this be my problem?

Can anybody help me, to get rid of the ugly framebuffer error?

Screenshot and Kexts will follow.