Snow Leopard on Acer Aspire 6920

j8048188

20 posts in this topic

Hello,

has anyone successfully insalled snow on their 6920G?

specs as follows:

T5900 Core 2 duo

4gb ram

NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS graphics card (512mb dedicated)

I am planning on using the tutorial that appeared on Lifehacker, only installing it on an external HD.

Do the processes in the tutorial work?

is there an easier way?

I have the retail Snow disk.

Thanks for everyone's help in advance,

J

Hello,

has anyone successfully insalled snow on their 6920G?

specs as follows:

T5900 Core 2 duo

4gb ram

NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS graphics card (512mb dedicated)

I am planning on using the tutorial that appeared on Lifehacker, only installing it on an external HD.

Do the processes in the tutorial work?

is there an easier way?

I have the retail Snow disk.

Thanks for everyone's help in advance,

J

Hi

I found that the easiest way to get Snow working on Acer is to install the extras to EFI partition. I had to do a lot of digging for it, but finally figured it out.

Do you have an existing DSDT for your Notebook? It might be even easier if you do.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I found that the easiest way to get Snow working on Acer is to install the extras to EFI partition. I had to do a lot of digging for it, but finally figured it out.

Do you have an existing DSDT for your Notebook? It might be even easier if you do.

I followed the guide with a retail vanilla SL DVD.

The Guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184367

Follow the instructions.

Hint: Please Take chamaleon hameleon 2 rc 3 which also supports SL. Use the 32-bit-version of

com.apple.boot.plist as all kext-drivers are supported.

For the ps2-keyboard copy the kext from the dmg-file on the pre-install-cd into /extra/extensions

For ethernet take AttansiL1eEternet.kext, use kext Helper b7 to install.

Find the EFI-String for the 9500M GS graphic-card via google and put it into the com.apple.Boot.plist. Details about EFI-strings are here in the forum. Wireless Lan is not supported yet.

The last missing point is the sound. My question is: Did you also manage the sound HDA ? And if, how I tried everything out, but it didnt succeed yet.

Follow the instructions.

Hint: Please Take chamaleon hameleon 2 rc 3 which also supports SL. Use the 32-bit-version of

For the ps2-keyboard copy the kext from the dmg-file on the pre-install-cd into /extra/extensions

Find the EFI-String for the 9500M GS graphic-card via google and put it into the com.apple.Boot.plist. Details about EFI-strings are here in the forum. Wireless Lan is not supported yet.

The last missing point is the sound. My question is: Did you also manage the sound HDA ? And if, how I tried everything out, but it didnt succeed yet.

Please can you post all kext and dsdt file, regarding the audio you can try to use the guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161773

Probably will works on snow.

Follow the instructions.

Hi instead of u I have only sound working... But in fact I installed snow leo on a MBR part by using a custom OSInstall.mpkg. I also installed chameleon 2RC3 and install only fakesmc.kext with osx86tool all those installs were made from leo 10.5.8.

The most important problem is when running SL I try to clear caches reapir permission ... with osx86tool it sais that there is no /S/L/E.

Hope to find a solution soon

Hi instead of u I have only sound working... But in fact I installed snow leo on a MBR part by using a custom OSInstall.mpkg. I also installed chameleon 2RC3 and install only fakesmc.kext with osx86tool all those installs were made from leo 10.5.8.

The most important problem is when running SL I try to clear caches reapir permission ... with osx86tool it sais that there is no /S/L/E.

Hope to find a solution soon

Well, if you use the GUID-partition like the guide described there wont be that problem repair permission, as you use

the separate chameleon partition on it. I suggest you install it like that the guide told you. unfortunately you have to partionate the disk ... but what the heck. hope you find a good solution soon. :):rolleyes:

For who it concerns, below I have put an efi-string for 9500m gs:

9500mgs.rar

I finally resolved my problem about repair permission. The solution is to reinstall the bsd.pkg.

But now I have another problem to resolve; some of my kext are not loaded at boot and also desabler.kext doesn't work correctly...

About the sound I deleted some "problematic kexts"

Hi, everybody :)

I have the same laptop (ACER 6920 )

My question is in Snow Leopard (10.6.1 ) is everything working well ?

Ethernet?

Audio?

Video?

Wireless ( I have added BCM94321 - its recognized OOB in Leopard)

Right now I have fully working 10.5.8 :)

But I want to upgrade with the Snow :(

Thanks guys :)

I finally resolved my problem about repair permission. The solution is to reinstall the bsd.pkg.

But now I have another problem to resolve; some of my kext are not loaded at boot and also desabler.kext doesn't work correctly...

About the sound I deleted some "problematic kexts"

I have finally got sound, but do you also have got microphone?

I can't help for micro... but even in 10.5.8 micro doesn't work...

Well, external mic is working now, just need to find the internal mic. ...

Hi, everybody :(

I have the same laptop (ACER 6920 )

My question is in Snow Leopard (10.6.1 ) is everything working well ?

Ethernet?

Audio?

Video?

Wireless ( I have added BCM94321 - its recognized OOB in Leopard)

Right now I have fully working 10.5.8 :)

But I want to upgrade with the Snow :)

Thanks guys :)

Except the wireless lan and the internal mic everything is working so far ...

For sound follow this guide:

http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-4-n00...fted-for-t4183/

And how did you get QI/CE working?

I tired the 10.5 sound method but it didnt work for me. Any ideas?

For QI/CE i used the above 9500mgs.rar and inserted it into my boot.plist, restarted and wiola.. I have full HD on the build in screen and another full HD 22" Viewsonic both working perfectly ;)

I tired the 10.5 sound method but it didnt work for me. Any ideas?

For QI/CE i used the above 9500mgs.rar and inserted it into my boot.plist, restarted and wiola.. I have full HD on the build in screen and another full HD 22" Viewsonic both working perfectly :rolleyes:

good to know, that I have not discovered it yet, you are a real master. :) About the sound:

did you also read the post at 09-30-2009, 08:51 AM? There is also a lot of information about this topic in that forum.

i have leopard running fine on my 6920g, using dell 1490 for wifi. it is running on mbr and i use boot manager to boot with several windows. can i do some sort of upgrade or should i clean install on new partition?

does this mean i only have to buy a snow retail disc, for everything to work (after some help from above posts)?

• 4 weeks later...

Follow the instructions.

The installer fails on me.

The installer fails on me.

I continued with the process anyway, installing Chameleon rc3 with the pkg i got here. Everything works except sound, wifi, and tap-to-click. I'll now start working on sound.

EDIT: I got sound working, now trying to get Ethernet working.

Can anyone post a Guide with a few steps "How to install Snow Leopard on ACER 6920" ?

There is a good guide (the one i ended up using) on a different site. I cannot link you there.

search google for

[GUIDE] 4 n00bs with laptops! (-Specially crafted for Acer Gemstone 6935G-)

and you will find it.

You have to generate your own dsdt.aml file, though.