[SOLVED] Linksys Wireless-N WMP300N not working

dabla

26 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've succesfully installed Snow Leopard tonight on my Gigabyte EP35-DS4. I've been through a lot of retries and hastles to make it work, but I finally managed thanks to the great OSX86 community :D Everything seems towork, except the fact that my wireless pci card (Linksys WMP300N) doesn't get reckonized on Snow Leopard, it always worked Out Of The Box on Leopard :D So my question is what could be the reason?

Thanks,

Dabla

Thanks for the fast reply, hopefuly someone will find a solution to this problem. Maybe changing the PCI slot will help, but in Leopard it needs to be in slot 2, it doesn't work in slot 1, it did previously but since last update (10.5.8) no more...

I have Linksys WMP300N (rev. 1) working correctly under SL. All I did was edit the Info.plist in /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

Change to the following:

<string>pci14e4,4328</string>
			<string>pci14e4,4329</string>		  <-- Added This
			<string>pci14e4,432b</string>

I have found putting IO80211Family.kext in /Extra/Extensions made KP, so I left it in /S/L/E

Thx for the info emermac, but I think you have another revision than mine. As mine is reckonized as a pci168c,23 in Leopard (found via IORegistryExplorer), it's an Atheros chipset, not Broadcom. Still I will try it and let you know ;-)

Well actually editing the plist doesn't change anything for my as I have a revision 2 of the card which is a Atheros chipset, not Broadcom, changing PCI slot didn't change anything either but booting with -x32 did the trick, also the sound is only working when booting with 32bit flag and ACLinject (ALC889A on GA-EP35-DS4). Seems the Atheros drivers are 32-bit only?

Anyone any idea why my revision 2 is only working in -x32 and not in 64 bit mode? As it works in 32 bit mode, i still see the airport under network settings in 64 bit mode but i can't turn it on. Could it be DSDT related? Or is there another reason? Thx

Anyone any idea why my revision 2 is only working in -x32 and not in 64 bit mode? As it works in 32 bit mode, i still see the airport under network settings in 64 bit mode but i can't turn it on. Could it be DSDT related? Or is there another reason? Thx

Hello i have the same Wifi Card

and i don't see it on Network setting (both 64 & 32 )

have you do something for that?

sorry for my poor english i'm french

someone know to DSDT this card?

thank

Hmmmm, AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext doesn't exist in my version of SL. I tried to use the Leopard version but it failed to load into the kernel. Can someone send me a 64bit version of AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext. Thanks.

PS: Nevermind. I was looking inside the wrong kext package. It works great on 64bit! Posting from Snow Leopard!

Hello,

my WMP300N does work in 32Bit only when my DSDT file is "minor Modified". When i done everthing u found on the net, including "new HPET" compiling the Card show in About this Mac but does not work, like in 64 Bit.

When i use a DSDT file without this NEW HPET it works in 32 Bit.

My WMP300N working great in 32 Bit, but not in 64.

Same here, works flawless in 32 bit but not in 64 bit. I have revision 2.

Shame cuz got everything working in 64 bit except for that (and ethernet which I don't use).

I have WMP330N Working great in SL 64bit. I did have to move it from one pci slot to another.

edit info.plist of:

/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist

add this:

<string>pci14e4,4328</string>

<string>pci14e4,4329</string> <---- here

<string>pci14e4,432b</strin

recreate your extensions.mkext and reboot. works on 32/64 snow

Credit goes to sk1nhd33t

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've found a solution for making Atheros based network cards work in 64-bit. Seems 64-bit support has been added in 10.6.2. Now thanks to netkas, he's made an AtherosFix.kext in which you can add the device id of your card. He's refering to it in his post titled MacOSX 10.6.2 Released. Direct link to the legacy kext.

Just right-click on the kext, show contents and edit the file Info.plist under Contents. There you can add your device-id(s) under the IONameMatch key under Atheros i386 (32-bit) and Atheros x86_64 (64-bit).

These are the device-ids I added:

pci168c,13

pci168c,23 (WMP300N)

pci168c,61

I just wanted to share for those people who have the same problem but didn't know of the existence of this kext.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have the v2 (i.e. Atheros based version) of this network card, and I am able to connect to networks both in 32 and 64 bit mode. However, my machine kernel panics after being connected for a few seconds.. :-( Happens every time.

I have applied the AtherosFix from netkas and updated properly to 10.6.2. Machine (Gigabyte ex58-ud5) works perfectly apart from the WLAN-related KPs.

Any ideas for what may be causing the problem for me? Thanks! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi

Linksys WMP300N v2 With AtherosFix.kext (64 bit mode). After being connected for a few minuts... Kernel Panics.

img0078it.th.jpg

or

img0077uq.th.jpg

Maybe we need different version IO80211Family.kext??

10.6.2 - IO80211Family.kext 3.1 (310.6)

10.6.1 ?

10.6.0 ?

I had similarly earlier. Win Vista x64 /Win 7 x64. Till the time until I found drivery on the side of the producer chipsets AR5008.

• 3 months later...
I've found a solution for making Atheros based network cards work in 64-bit. Seems 64-bit support has been added in 10.6.2. Now thanks to netkas, he's made an AtherosFix.kext in which you can add the device id of your card. He's refering to it in his post titled MacOSX 10.6.2 Released. Direct link to the legacy kext.

Just right-click on the kext, show contents and edit the file Info.plist under Contents. There you can add your device-id(s) under the IONameMatch key under Atheros i386 (32-bit) and Atheros x86_64 (64-bit).

These are the device-ids I added:

pci168c,13

pci168c,23 (WMP300N)

pci168c,61

I just wanted to share for those people who have the same problem but didn't know of the existence of this kext.

I have tried this but my wireless network card (wmp300n rev2) is still not showing up as an airport device.

this is what I did:

upgraded to 10.6.3

added the same lines in the info.plist

put the atherosFix.kext in S/L/E

repaired permissions with kext utility

reboot.

Am I missing something?

I'm having the same issues with my wmp300n version 1. 10.6.3

I've edited my string in the info.plist to no avail. Also can't boot into 32 bit mode I get a KP. IO80211family will not load, checked the sys profiler.

At some point I tried a force kextload and I got something like it's not a 64 bit extension. Is there a 64 bit IO80211family extension floating around??

32 bit kernel panics started after messing with all this.