conexant cx20561 small change :)

mehdymehdy

10 posts in this topic

This is the final applehda i worked on for conexant cx20561. and i couldn't get Mute to work. it works better than voodoohda for conexant cx20561. feel free to try to make mute work. I don't have time to make installer for it. it could be added to mac installation distros.

enjoy it.

update

this applehda gives you the following.

OUTPUTS:

internalspeaker/headphone with auto switching. Lineout to connect to external speakers through headphone jack. Digitalout for HDMI probably doesn't work well.

INPUTS:

externalmic which, but both internal and externalmic are working on the same device.

LineOUT biult-in audio. not sure what that does.

Mute is not working.

currently mic works very well on my laptop HP pavillion dv2915nr, and the recording is much better than when i record on vista.

i made some changes. please let me know if mic works!

also make sure you remove voodoohda before trying it.

shutdown restart sleep deepsleep working.

thank you

cx20561_2.zip

Hi mehdymehdy,

I tested your driver in my laptop and the built in mic don´t work and as you said can´t mute sound (with voodoodriver I have everything working, so in my case back to voodoohda). In the other hand shutdown works fine (tried differents drivers before but couldn´t shutdown properly)

tested on lenovo n500 with cx20561 id293e

This is the final applehda i worked on for conexant cx20561. and i couldn't get Mute to work. it works better than voodoohda for conexant cx20561. feel free to try to make mute work. I don't have time to make installer for it. it could be added to mac installation distros.

enjoy it.

Hi mehdymehdy,

I tested your driver in my laptop and the built in mic don´t work and as you said can´t mute sound (with voodoodriver I have everything working, so in my case back to voodoohda). In the other hand shutdown works fine (tried differents drivers before but couldn´t shutdown properly)

tested on lenovo n500 with cx20561 id293e

does mic work with voodoohda. cus for me with voodoohda mic works but it records schreeching voice. it doesn't record properly. and there is no autoswitching when i use headphone.

my laptop is HP pavillion dv2000. probably there are different pinconfig numbers. or your Node id works differently .

mic is been confusing for me but it works for me. the problem is this.

the external mich and enternal mic share one nodeid that's 20. internal mic nodeid is 29. external mic nodeid is 23. when i put 20 and 29 it shows in preference as built in mic but it doesn't work. when i put 20 and 23 it shows external mic and this makes both external and enternal mic work.

right now i have enternal mic working and on many other laptops it's working i don't know about yours. and i get external mic working with the same device and it shows weird behavior for example when i put headphone in external mic jack the headphone acts like mic.

if have tried hundrads of ways to add both of the devices. but the problem is bigger than that.

mute does not get activated for some reason no matter what i do.

with this applehda i get.

headphone/internalspeakers working with autoswitch.

lintout device for connecting speakers with subwoofer.

digitalout which is good for hdmi.

line in mic working

external mic which turns on internal mic and external mic working good.

thanks

please tell me if voodoohda gives u autoswitch and gives u proper mic.

Thank you mehdymehdy!!

I've just tried your driver and got headphones to work!! Which is something I've wanted for long time. It finally sees the input device. Mic doesn't seem to work though, but for now I don't care :wacko: the fact that the headphone work now is great!!

Thx again!!

p.s. I had VoodooHda installed before I tried your solution.. only got speakers to work.

With voodoo, autoswitching don´t work and internal mic work but you´ll have to have a look to the prefpanel before using it: increase recording level in speaker section and then increase monitor in mic section. Headphone and internal speaker works well (but not autoswitching as i said) Didn´t try external mic (both external and internal mic are shown as mic)

I tried your kexts again to see if hdmi audio work but it doesn´t.

Any way I have kernel panic when switching on the laptop (but not when rebooting).

With voodoo, autoswitching don´t work and internal mic work but you´ll have to have a look to the prefpanel before using it: increase recording level in speaker section and then increase monitor in mic section. Headphone and internal speaker works well (but not autoswitching as i said) Didn´t try external mic (both external and internal mic are shown as mic)

I tried your kexts again to see if hdmi audio work but it doesn´t.

Any way I have kernel panic when switching on the laptop (but not when rebooting).

I don't get kernelpanic and voodoohda mic doesn't work even when i adjust it.

as for applehda. maybe because I modified this applehda on my laptop so things are working for me fine. i really don't know why mic doesn't work for you guys. but I think it's cus how I did this applehda to best fit my laptop. sorry ;) i think everylaptop has some what different way of representing it's hardwares depending on the bios and how it is built. it's a matter of playing around with the plist though. i'm sure this applehda would work with HP laptops.

also i think if u have some other problems in ur mac installations it can contribute to Mic issue.

HDMI sound works only if ur HDMI device is configured correct and it does work with your tv, if it's not configured i don't think sound would work..just to let you know hdmi sound has problem working even on vista sometimes. so u gotta try different ways maybe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...