[How To] [v.3.4] 10.5.8 Deep Sleep (Latest SleepEnabler version) + Speedstep

Thireus

49 posts in this topic

If you want sleep working with speedstep + some other fixes:

PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!!

--> http://thireus.dareyourmind.net/index.php/...os-1058-install

Read this article if you have installed my previous versions: Sleep fix for 10.5.8 - Final release? :D

CHANGELOG:

24/08/09:

Added: Battery fix.

Thanks goes to dadaz once again :D

Version name: 3.4

(Sorry, I can't upload the file here anymore, my archive is too big, download it on my site!)

Does this require a patched dsdt.aml?

I have one, but maybe not. :/

This solution is almost the same as some we can find here.

The fact is my fix uses only VoodooPower.kext (or other powermanagement kext, as you wish) when the computer boot, but then when it you ask the computer to sleep it loads AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Some people said that when AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is loaded the CPU temps are higher. I suppose it is due to speedstep...

But I don't feel any difference when I boot without AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and when my computer wakes up from sleep... I still have speedstep working nicely...

You cannot load both VoodooPower.kext & AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext during the boot to make sleep working, that's why AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is called when needed!

:graduated:

I did a little update this afternoon, read the news here: http://thireus.dareyourmind.net/index.php/...ep-fix-for-1058

Doesnt seem to be working here, still no sleep bud.

Hum... strange.

Tell me if your kext loaded successfully:

sudo /sbin/kextload /AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

And show me your rc.sleep file please.

- Check if you have correctly deleted all kexts, and correctly installed mine.

Guest ѕиоѡ

Great thing just happened, I went back to old kernel with disabler kext and removed sleepwatcher.

After some fiddling I cannot get my KX driver loaded??? uninstall , reboot, install , reboot, all nothing.

I don't have the slightest idea what just happend but I'm even thinkiong about a complete restore because of this.

The kext just wont even load, bah, pissed with osx86 again, has been a while but things starting to irritate again and the hacks dont seem to be so compatible anymore. I wonder what the next update will bring us.

Bloody hell

Great thing just happened, I went back to old kernel with disabler kext and removed sleepwatcher.

After some fiddling I cannot get my KX driver loaded??? uninstall , reboot, install , reboot, all nothing.

I don't have the slightest idea what just happend but I'm even thinkiong about a complete restore because of this.

The kext just wont even load, bah, pissed with osx86 again, has been a while but things starting to irritate again and the hacks dont seem to be so compatible anymore. I wonder what the next update will bring us.

Bloody hell

No the hack is not compatible with Disabler.kext. And about your kext load problem, don't forget the permissions!

Can you tell me what the terminal said to you about this failure?

Guest ѕиоѡ

Hi bud, tried everything yesterday to get the KXaudiodriver.kext loaded. Sometimes I would have it listed in profile extensions but my Audigy wasn't visible in audio panel.

Permissions, cache, doesnt seem to do anything anymore, I don't have a clue what has happened.

I will try a few things today but I'm almost positive I'm looking at a TM restore, blimey!

Nothing to do with your hack m8, just in case you are wondering. It has to do with the hassle we still need to perform with our supposedly perfect hacks :/

UPDATE: I bloody knew it, dsdt.aml file was keeping the KXAudiodriver.kext from running! It was the only thing left I could do anyway.

I'll probably have to add the Audigy in the patched dsdt but not sure how.

Anyway, no complete restore needed, thank god, and I'm back to using kernel 9.7.0 with disabler.

You said dsdt.aml wasn't needed right, but wont that affect the AppleIntelCPUPM kext? (kernel panic)

Thx

this works, tried it on my gigabyte board.. problem is after waking up from sleep your back from square one with loaded AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.. maybe a kextunload script :rolleyes: also just a suggestion, for a much cleaner install change the path of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement since its on /root..

Thanks BTW.

Thanks, Thireus, it works like a charm in my system.

I've posted a spanish summary linking to your website, see here.

Excellent work.

Great! Second positive feedback! xD

I thought my fix only worked for me. >_<

Thanks for the translation. :(

dsdt is needed since I get a panic when I remove dsdt and try sleep.

Still back to disabler kext & 10.5.7 kernel

Hum... I don't understand why it is needed... but I'll update the article to specify it.

this works, tried it on my gigabyte board.. problem is after waking up from sleep your back from square one with loaded AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.. maybe a kextunload script :D also just a suggestion, for a much cleaner install change the path of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement since its on /root..

Thanks BTW.

The problem is that I didn't find any kext that can unload AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext :(

For my eeepc AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is not a problem, it works like a charm with it & VoodooPower.

Well I don't know where to put this AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext xD, any suggestions?

Guest ѕиоѡ

Hi Thireus,

This is the method I used for loading/unloading the KX driver, maybe that helps:

Driver works great.

For the sleep/wakeup issue I use the next solution :

Download and Install SleepWatcher.

Edit /etc/rc.sleep and add this line at the end :

CODE

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext

Edit /etc/rc.wakeup and add this two lines at the end :

CODE

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext

sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext

Finally, edit /etc/sudoers and add this two lines at the end :

CODE

%users localhost=/sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext

%users localhost=/sbin/kextload   /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext

I tried a few times the sleep/wakeup and it worked just great for me.

Note : The reason for unloading the kext both at sleep and wake is because same time it doesn't unload properly the first time, I think because the audio is in use.

Hi Thireus,

Your fix almost work for me (I've a 1000H too as you know), but I don't see the utility since once AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is loaded, we can't unload it ???

Only issue I have is when AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, I have some lags (with sound, video, flash video...) But strangely, my temp is the same as before and maybe less (I use Coolbook with undervolting).

Do you have these lags with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement loaded ?

Hi Thireus,

Your fix almost work for me (I've a 1000H too as you know), but I don't see the utility since once AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is loaded, we can't unload it ???

Only issue I have is when AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, I have some lags (with sound, video, flash video...) But strangely, my temp is the same as before and maybe less (I use Coolbook with undervolting).

No I don't have these lags, I think this is due to my VoodooPower that works nicely when AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is loaded. You should try it :(

Hi Thireus,

This is the method I used for loading/unloading the KX driver, maybe that helps:

No it doesn't :(

Once loaded AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement can't be unloaded this way :'(

Guest ѕиоѡ
Hi Thireus,

Are you sure this is not Disabler.kext related? Are you using one of the cards that has lag when running iTunes? Mine does and I have to use the Disabler for that. Look for the 10.5.8 Disabler kext which only has the lag issue fixed so it won't affect the AICPUPM kext.

Good luck!

Are you sure this is not Disabler.kext related? Are you using one of the cards that has lag when running iTunes? Mine does and I have to use the Disabler for that. Look for the 10.5.8 Disabler kext which only has the lag issue fixed so it won't affect the AICPUPM kext.

Good luck!

Just to let you know that I do not have any AICPUPM kext into the extensions folder (none of my kexts contain the "CPUPM" string in their name) ^_^

I only use VoodooPower. So dadaz if you have such a kext delete it :help:

No I don't have such. I don't have problems with disabler.kext. I've tried 10.5.8 disabler but it didn't help, will try voodoopower and disabler for 10.5.8.

Ok :)

Just keep in mind that disabler will not allow your computer to go sleeping :) as it totally kills AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement :D but you know that already :P

I did the iDeneb combo update to make sure my fixes work on it too.

CHANGELOG:

12/08/09:

Added: AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext added into the GMA950 folder! It fixes the screen resolution.

Updated: SPPlatformReporter.spreporter updated into the Hardware_System_Profiler

folder. It fixes some bugs into the system hardware info page. And I have noticed some files are missing into my archive. So I have updated my article.

Added: AboutThisMac.pkg only for N270 processors.

I did these changes to the archive after a new update smiley-smile.gif using iDeneb 10.5.8 Combo Update

Version name: 2.0

No I don't have these lags, I think this is due to my VoodooPower that works nicely when AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is loaded. You should try it ;)

No it doesn't :)

Once loaded AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement can't be unloaded this way :'(

Hi,

i tested this (not the sleep, load/unload AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (yours)

Terminal:

sudo -s

bash-3.2# kextload /AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

bash-3.2# kextstat

100 ..... com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (76.2.0)

bash-3.2# kextunload /AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (by sudo -s at beginning also done by superuser)

kextunload: unload kext /AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext succeeded

bash-3.2# kextstat

Not more listed !

So it would be nice to have an new rc.wakeup script that would do an kextunload for the kext

I down know, but perhaps your trys before arent working because of rights ? superuser sudo can all :D

With such an Script AICPM would only be loaded for sleep and at wakeup unloaded.

Hi,

i tested this (not the sleep, load/unload AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (yours)

Terminal:

sudo -s

bash-3.2# kextload /AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

bash-3.2# kextstat

100 ..... com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (76.2.0) <12 7 6 5 4 2>

bash-3.2# kextunload /AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (by sudo -s at beginning also done by superuser)

kextunload: unload kext /AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext succeeded

bash-3.2# kextstat

Not more listed !

So it would be nice to have an new rc.wakeup script that would do an kextunload for the kext

I down know, but perhaps your trys before arent working because of rights ? superuser sudo can all ;)

With such an Script AICPM would only be loaded for sleep and at wakeup unloaded.

Wow! Will try that :hysterical: that great! I love you!

EDIT: Hum... it doesn't work for me... how did you do that? Oo

New update! --> Fixes for 10.5.8 :: Bluetooth & GMA950 updated!

CHANGELOG:

13/08/09:

Updated: Sleep is now working with another kext --> SleepEnabler.kext! To be put into the / directory. It replace AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ;-). This is a great improvement, so please you need to update!!

You can delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext it is no more needed ;-) But follow the new instructions regarding sleep.

Thanks goes to pista7 for it's great work :)

Version name: 3.0