OSX EFI bootloader

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys :)

I need help with bootloader for OS X.

I use MB MSI P45D3 Platinum with UEFI and Hard drive with GPT partition table.

I have Windows 7 RC x64 installed. I used UEFI shell to boot /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI from Windows DVD. (OpenSuSe has similar EFI booting, it uses eLiLo)

Installation created three partitions:

1. EFI system partition - 100MB; FAT32; Windows EFI bootloader binaries are stored here

2. MSR - Microsoft Reserved Partition - I think Windows recovery files are stored here

3. Partition where Windows is installed

Now i want to install OSX but it looks like that neither Chameleon v2 RC1 or BootThink are able to install themselfs to EFI system partition next to Win bootldr. (distro iAktos v7)

(when booting, UEFI is looking for this specific partition and bootloaders stored here)

So I want to ask if there is any .EFI bootloader for Hackintosh.

Hope someone will help :wacko::wacko:

None of the bootloaders we use right now support booting on a real UEFI system. They all have fake EFI implementation. However, try putting OS X boot.efi in the EFI partition and see how far that takes you.

None of the bootloaders we use right now support booting on a real UEFI system. They all have fake EFI implementation. However, try putting OS X boot.efi in the EFI partition and see how far that takes you.

Doesn't work. Apple's Boot.EFI is 32-bit EFI binary, UEFI can work only with 64-bit EFI binaries.

Maybe Snow Leopard's Boot.efi is 64-bit... :D

Well never mind, UEFI supports old BIOS booting, so no problem using chameleon.

I was just curious.

Thanks for your help :)

• 3 weeks later...
boot.efi will not work for him cuz it will be missing efi modules from apple, so will not be able to get fsb speed -> boom kernel panic

Do you happen to know what efi modules we are missing. I have a dump somewhere of the x64 efi modules from a mac pro.

Thanks,

MRCollins