Chameleon 2 RC2 is out

17 posts in this topic

28t1.pngIt seems like a rush of bringing out new bootloaders lately. Today Zef released the new release candidate of Chameleon 2.

In this new release candidate Zef and his team fixed "many anoying bugs" but also added some cool new features. These include things like NVIDIA graphics card detection, automatic RAID booting, HPET enabling on motherboards which don't have HPET control in the BIOS, setting the built in flag for ethernet cards and hiding non-bootable HFS partitions.

Credit for this new release goes to:

Developers: Crazor, Dense, fassl, iNDi, Kabyl, kaitek, mackerintel, mercurysquad, munky, Turbo, zef

Thanks to: bumby, cosmo1t, dfe, Galaxy, kalyway, netkas, sckevyn, XyZ

Go over at http://chameleon.osx86.hu for more info and download links.

Installed on my test HDD and it booted up that drive OK, but I had to reinstall the EFI string for my graphics card to enable the right settings for my monitor to appear.

I was able to boot up my Production HDD, which is on a separate SATA drive, but not XP, which is also on a separate SATA HDD; I was thrown back to the BIOS startup.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds great but what should i do with this "Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640.pkg.zip" file? I've heard it's possible to use for installation of retail Leopard DVD, can anyone shed any light on this plz?

I've seen lots of information about new features on Chameleon website, but haven't found anything about what to do with this god damn file...

Sounds great but what should i do with this "Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640.pkg.zip" file? I've heard it's possible to use for installation of retail Leopard DVD, can anyone shed any light on this plz?

I've seen lots of information about new features on Chameleon website, but haven't found anything about what to do with this god damn file...

First off download the binaries instead of the package, it contains the stuff you want.

Next use the "cdboot" file in the tutorial specified here: clicky

Hope this helps,

MGJulius

i use it to boot 10.6(104321).

asus p45.

but first launch cause panic,reason mkext and permissions.(it will be good to fix this :rolleyes: )

so i user boot9_4 for first boot,run kextUtility,and then install and use chameleon2.

msi 8800GT full works with rc2.

• 2 weeks later...
After install chameleon , his say "installation failed" and dont booted MacOS SnowLeo Retail... What a problem???

P.S. Sorry for my English)

Your english is fine, you just need to elaborate on your steps leading to your problem. As well as your computer setup. What guide you used. Did you use Chameleon RC3 (not RC2) or PCEFI v10

First off download the binaries instead of the package, it contains the stuff you want.

Next use the "cdboot" file in the tutorial specified here: clicky

Hope this helps,

MGJulius

So i downloaded the binaries of "Chameleon-2.0-RC3-r658-bin.tar.gz", and when i extract it i get a "Chameleon-2.0-RC3-r658-bin.tar.gz.cpgz" file and that's it.

In the tutorial posted above it says:

2. Inside the folder, copy cdboot from lastest chameleon binairies, and create folder called Extra.
but i can't even extract this god damn "binary" file, tried BetterZip, 7zX, Pacifist, and i get the same result. Couldn't find any documentation on this...