*512MB RAM

*Sound card - Integrated AC97

*Integrated Intel Extreme 3D Graphics

*Ethernet Integrated Broadcom 4401

*Bios A05

*DVD drive Liteon XJ-HD166S 16x

*PCI video card S3 virge/GX Q5c4BB

*PCI Ethernet card RealTek RTL8139B

I have only had partial success, but I thought I would post what does work and what doesn't just in case anyone has some solutions. I used iPC 10.5.6 final.

First, what does work:

*kernel Voodoo 9.5 - works great

*chipset LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA - works great

*audio AC97 - works great

*seatbelt fix - no problems with disk images, seems to do what it is supposed to do.

*PCI video card S3 virge/GX Q5c4BB - This worked without any patches. 1024x768, 32 bit color. 'OSx86 Tools' can be used to enable Quartz GL. A crummy card, but functional.

Next, what mostly works:

*USB drivers patched USB - This seemed to work last time I installed it, but this time my USB keyboard and flashdrive are randomly disconnecting. I may go back to 'USB Mount Fix'

*Fix Apple SMBIOS ToH - This fixes the problem with 'about this mac' restarting the computer, however I cannot get the Netflix movie player to work with this installed. Netflix gives me a 'can not individualize' error. If Netflix doesn't matter to you, use this.

*Fix Apple SMBIOS 27 rev3 MacPro - This does NOT fix the 'about this Mac' problem, but I think that the Netflix movie player will work with this. I do not get any errors, and I get as far as the 'setting up your player' screen and then the wheel just keeps spinning. I think that I don't get the movie because my connection to the internet is so crummy, but more on that later.

***Note: install either Apple SMBIOS ToH or Apple SMBIOS 27 rev3 MacPro, not both.

*DVD drive - data DVDs work just fine but movie DVDs never mount. No errors they just never appear on the desktop.

And lastly, what doesn't work.

*Integrated Intel Extreme 3D Graphics - There is no patch for the Intel 845. I tried installing the Intel 900, 915 & 950 drivers none of them work. Setting the video memory in the Bios from 1 to 8, does not fix it. Tried "Graphics Mode"= on start up, that didn't work. What you are stuck with is 16 shades of grey that is virtually unreadable.

*Ethernet Integrated Broadcom 4401 - iPC has a brodcom patch and there are some others out there, but all they do is make the modem show up. The ethernet does show up but it always says that the cable is not connected.

*PCI Ethernet card RealTek RTL8139B - I downloaded tried several versions of AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext and PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext, both of them allow you to connect to the internet, but the connection is

extreamly slow and it disconnects frequently. You might be able to check your email with this, but you really can't do much with it. Definitely no Netflix.

• 1 year later...
Do you think it would work with a Nvidia 6200 or 5200?

No, sadly the 2400 only has PCI slots, no AGP slots. As far as I know there is not a PCI video card that will get QE/CL.

I have been working on a Dell Dimension 4400. It is very similar to the 2400 only it does have an AGP slot. I put an Nvidia 5200 card in it, enabled the QE/CL and for the most part it works. The problem is that it will not mount DVD movies, DVD data disks are fine as are CDs. Just like the 2400. I had thought the problem was the video card but in searching for solutions and trying everything that I ran across, I am beginning to think that the Intel 845 chipset has a PCI controller that will never work properly with OS X. I am still looking for a solution, but my advice would be to stay away from 845 chipset.