Mac OSX on Dell XPS M1330 with iAtkos v7 ! HELPPPPPP

12 posts in this topic

Hello i tried many times to start up with many MAC OSX Versions but my Dell always stops on loading the Kernel after 2 seconds on installing. Does anybody have an idea to solve this ?

It Stops on:

"Mac Framework succesfully initialized

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 vectors 0.23"

I already tried to but up with command -s -x cpus=1 but nothing worked. Anyone an idea? :(

Sry for my poor English. ;)

Hello i tried many times to start up with many MAC OSX Versions but my Dell always stops on loading the Kernel after 2 seconds on installing. Does anybody have an idea to solve this ?

It Stops on:

"Mac Framework succesfully initialized

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 vectors 0.23"

I already tried to but up with command -s -x cpus=1 but nothing worked. Anyone an idea? :(

Sry for my poor English. :whistle:

I know I saw this error at some point tonight, and I have an m1330 as well, so see if this works for you in the boot options:

mach_970 -v -x -f

I used iAtkos v7.

I'm trying to spread the love cause i was just about ready to shoot myself (I encountered this problem after successfully installing osx, then messing it up, then trying to boot the install dvd again --> many hours later, on a total hunch, this worked. (cause lord knows I have no idea what I'm doing) Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers for you.

PS The most common error I saw, across 3 different osx86s, was "ACPI: AcpiOsFree"@/VoodooKernel/xnu-1228.7.58/iokit/Kernel/IOLib.cpp:724"

PSS I posted same solution for that prob here: http://uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/viewtopic.php?...;p=32944#p32944

I tried running "mach_970 -v -x -f" on iPC with no luck. It would just return to the screen that asks to press f8 if you want to see options.

I have a similar problem where I installed with the same disc yesterday but today it gives me the kernel panic. All my hardware stayed the same and it is the exact same physical disk from the day before.

I am running a Dell Latitude D630 laptop. I installed iPC yesterday and had most things working except my wireless card. I installed 2 kext files (IOPCCardFamily.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext) which was a bad idea because I couldn't boot anymore after that. I figured I would try reinstalling from the DVD however every time I try I get a kernel panic (ACPI: AcpiOsFree"@/VoodooKernel/ ...).

I have since formatted the drive and put windows back on it (to make sure the drive was in the exact same condition as yesterday).

What I don't understand is how can a DVD which didn't change and hardware which hasn't change be fine one day and not work the next?

• 2 weeks later...
I tried running "mach_970 -v -x -f" on iPC with no luck. It would just return to the screen that asks to press f8 if you want to see options.

I have a similar problem where I installed with the same disc yesterday but today it gives me the kernel panic. All my hardware stayed the same and it is the exact same physical disk from the day before.

I am running a Dell Latitude D630 laptop. I installed iPC yesterday and had most things working except my wireless card. I installed 2 kext files (IOPCCardFamily.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext) which was a bad idea because I couldn't boot anymore after that. I figured I would try reinstalling from the DVD however every time I try I get a kernel panic (ACPI: AcpiOsFree"@/VoodooKernel/ ...).

I have since formatted the drive and put windows back on it (to make sure the drive was in the exact same condition as yesterday).

What I don't understand is how can a DVD which didn't change and hardware which hasn't change be fine one day and not work the next?

You may see this same post in different forum but i wanted to make it easy to find. I see that most who have this problem have it with dell especially 1420

try boot with a different kernel provided on the disc.

for example ideneb. STart disc press f8 then put in the kernal provided in my case using iatkos v5 everything works fine but with iatkos v7 i have to boot with toh -v and then i could install.

Maybe this will help as it did help me. Just make sure that you find out what distro offers what kernel in order to boot. :(

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem with my m1330!

I know it's not the disk as i was able to install to my Dell XPS 420.

I have reset mmy M1330 bios to factory settings, with the exception of enabling Virtualization (FYI I tried without the virtualization switch)

prior to reset i have disbaled Speedstep, dynamic accelration and multi core support, and still it crashed at the APCI screen.

I have tried:

mach_970 -v -x -f

aslo tried

mach_970 cpus=1 -v -x -f

and tried

platform=ACPI|X86PC mach_970 cpus=1

though the last config, just relaod the prompt and does not start a boot!

• 2 weeks later...
I am having the same problem with my m1330!

I know it's not the disk as i was able to install to my Dell XPS 420.

I have reset mmy M1330 bios to factory settings, with the exception of enabling Virtualization (FYI I tried without the virtualization switch)

prior to reset i have disbaled Speedstep, dynamic accelration and multi core support, and still it crashed at the APCI screen.

I have tried:

mach_970 -v -x -f

aslo tried

mach_970 cpus=1 -v -x -f

and tried

platform=ACPI|X86PC mach_970 cpus=1

though the last config, just relaod the prompt and does not start a boot!

what did you do to get it on you xps 420 i have had no luck...

• 1 month later...
what did you do to get it on you xps 420 i have had no luck...

Hi, I have installed LEO4ALL 10.5.2 and iATKOS_v7.iso on a Dell Latitude D530 laptop. After trying a thousand times with a lot of distributions I have noticed that de secret of the IOAPIC Panic is related with the hard disk and its partitions.

The way that I solved the problem (I'm sorry but multiboot is discarded for the moment...):

1 - Boot the laptop with a Windows XP BartPE CD, from the windows disk utility delete the partition/s an leave the hard disk blank

2 - Boot the laptop with LEO4ALL 10.5.2 with parameters cpus=2 -v you will arrive to the MACOSX environment. Use the disk utility to create a MAC Journaled partition. Once created shutdown de system

3 - Boot the laptop with IATKOS_v7 with parameters cpus=2 -v you will arrive to the MACOSX environment. Install marking only the support to PS/2 keyboard.

4 - Be aware; when the installation is complete and we are in the countdown enter in the Utilities- terminal.

5 - Delete with the following commands the graphics driver (the diskutil at the end seems to do nothing, wait!):

cd /Volumes/leo_volume/System/Library/Extensions

rm -rf AppleIntelGMA950.kext

rm -rf AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin

rm -rf AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle

rm -rf AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

rm -rf AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

rm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext

rm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

rm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin

rm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle

rm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle

diskutil repairPermissions /Volumes/leo_volume

6 – Close the terminal, reboot and cross your fingers... The Leopard should boot!

7 - The network is not working, surf the web to find the correct drivers 'cause I am exhausted of doing installations... ;-)

• 1 month later...