Shuttle K48 beachball hang at install DVD[SOLVED]

Scopes

2 posts in this topic

Hey all, first post here.

I picked up a shuttle K48 from newegg, according to the wiki, nothing special or unusual for osx: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph....29_Intel_945GC

I've been using the Kabyl-bumby bootloader, (tried -v -f -x cpus=1 -legacy). It loads up the dvd, and I watch all the verbose mode text scroll by, and then it loads up the spacey-osx background and... hangs. All I get is the spinning beachball and it never comes out of it.

Since it's out of verbose mode now, I can't really tell what it's hanging on.

I should note that I successfully got the ideneb disc to boot and fully install-- but I'd like to use retail for the automatic software updates etc, if possible.

Anybody have any advice for this situation? I'm still pretty new to the whole scene.

edit: Oh yeah I'm using an intel celeron e1400 allendale, which I believe is just a rebranded core-2 duo with some cache removed. 2GB crucial 667 ram, 1GB hitachi HD and an old-ass dell internal dvd drive because it doesn't want to boot from the external. (Any chance the DVD drive could cause this?)

--

Well holy {censored}. Time and again it's proven that the quickest way to make something start working on its own is to ask somebody for help.

Schrodinger's computer or something.

For the record the generic iso works wonders when the kabyl-bumby hangs with a beach ball. Ugh...

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm getting the same problem. Can anyone tell me why?

I'm trying to use Boot 132 as outlined here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113288

I'm using the "original" iso as detailed in the thread. I get through all the verbose stuff, get to the Leopard desktop splash screen, but it just hangs at a spinning beachball.

Specs:

Abit IP35-Pro (ICH9

Asus EN7300LE (Geforce 7300 based)

OCZ 800mhz DDR2 - 4GB

Western Digital Caviar 250 GB

The only differences between this install and my previous one is the hard-disk being different (wouldn't have thought that would matter) and the graphic card being different. I can try putting my old graphic back in to see if that gets me into installation territory, but I'd like to get more of an idea what is going on though.

Because it has left verbose mode at this point, I have nothing else to really offer in the way of information.

Ideas?