Mac Pro build

5 posts in this topic

Okay Im about to build a hackintosh. I've been searching the forums and everything I've chosen seems to be a good fit. I intend to install retail Leo 10.5.6, and then update it to 10.5.7. Also, I would like to install Snow leopard when its out final. Here are the specs I've chosen, is there anything that may cause a snag or otherwise make the build difficult. I hope for everything to work. Is there anything extra I will need to make it work?

Asus P6T Motherboard

Intel Core i7 920 Processor

XFX GeForce 9800 GTX + Video Card

OCZ Gold Tri Channel 12GB PC10666 DDR3 Memory

Kingwin Mach 1 Modular 600 Watt Power Supply

Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB Hard Drive

LG GH22LS40 DVD Writer

Thermaltake VI1000BWS M9 ATX Mid-Tower Case

Also, I intend to buy a new Apple Wireless keyboard and Mighty Mouse. Does the keyboard have illuminated keys? Or does apple make one with illuminated keys?

Hey, I'll try to answer all the questions I can.

1) Looking around on the forum, more people got better success on the P6T Deluxe rather than the P6T, but it can probably be done. Everything else will work fine w/ the appropriate drivers.

2) 12GB is a sh*t ton amount of memory, but your money. Spend it how you like to.

3) Apple does not make an external keyboard w/ illuminated keys, those are only available on their notebooks.

4) I personally like the apple keyboards, their style makes for fast typing. However, I'm not a friend of the Mighty Mouse, doesn't work well for me.

Hopes this helps,

MGJulius

basically I need a motherboard that I can use with a retail dvd, and have everything working. Also having 6 ram slots and being SLI capable are important to me. Any better motherboards for the hardware I described? Also, the ram I found was gong to be about $160 for 12GB of DDR3, which I didn't think was that bad. Basically I don't wanna have to upgrade for a WHILE.